Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Profile for A. McManus > Reviews

Browse

A. McManus' Profile

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A. McManus RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Enchantmints Unicorn Music Box
Enchantmints Unicorn Music Box
Price: $24.99
14 used & new from $20.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable music box, May 18, 2013
My daughter loves this music box. I love the theme of the unicorn rather then the typical music boxes. The music box seems a little fragile but I think that is to be expected on the type of item. I saw the same music box in a speciality you shop much more expensive. I am very happy with my purchase.

Ballerina Treasure Music Box
Ballerina Treasure Music Box
Price: $26.99
36 used & new from $21.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cute music box, May 18, 2013
This review is from: Ballerina Treasure Music Box (Toy)
My daughter loves this music box. I would say it is probably fragile, but I expected it to be more of a delicate item. It's really cute with all the different drawers. I saw this exact music box in a speciality toy store for much more expensive. A very cute music box for a very reasonable price.

Unintended Consequences
Unintended Consequences

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good interesting book!, January 21, 2013
This book focuses on a lawyer that is working frantically to find out if a man that is about to be executed is actually telling the truth and is innocent. The story draws you in right away, and I wasn't able to put down the book. The author writes the characters very well, and I was anxious to find out more about them and the story of what really happened. I think overall this was an excellent and very thought provoking book. It makes you look at a situation from a different viewpoint. I would recommend this book to people who like John Grisham or Jodi Picoult books.

The reason I didn't give this book five stars is mainly because it was predictable. I was hoping for a twist at the end that surprised me, instead I pretty much knew how the book was ending as soon as I started reading it. Towards the end of the book there are also a few things they do that seem to be questionable, things that seem to be there just to draw out the storyline.

Even with the few annoyances at the end and the predictable ending I really loved this book. I definitely think this book is worth reading! I was provided a complimentary copy of the book in exchange for reviewing it.

Ethereal Girls
Ethereal Girls
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting start of a "hero" series, January 4, 2013
This review is from: Ethereal Girls (Kindle Edition)
This book is different and interesting. The story takes place in a world where everybody knows that heroes exist. I think the book has a unique storyline and I liked that the story mainly follows four teenage girls. The story starts off a little slow, but once you get into the action it picks right up and becomes hard to put down. I am excited to read the next book and see what becomes Liza.

The characters are likable and it makes you want to know what is going to happen to them. There are a few times when reading that it is a little obvious that a male is trying to write lines that a teenage girl would say, and it doesn't always sound right but for the most part Murphy wrote interesting characters.

My biggest criticism of the book has nothing to do with the story itself, but with the cover. I think the cover makes the book seem very comic like and doesn't seem to fit the actual storyline. So if you are hesitant to read the book because the cover doesn't appeal to you, be sure to follow the age old advise "don't judge a book by its cover". I received a complimentary copy of this book in order to review it.

Humanity Scar: Last Words (Journal 1)
Humanity Scar: Last Words (Journal 1)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!!!, February 9, 2012
This book is great! It sucks you in and you can't stop reading it! I wouldn't say I'm a huge zombie fan, but this book is excellent. The main character Kat is very interesting and you can't wait to find out more about her and her friends. Don't let the inexpensive price fool you, this book is a great read it just happens to also be a great deal!

EA Sports Active 2 - Xbox 360
EA Sports Active 2 - Xbox 360
Offered by reco1984
Price: $44.00
24 used & new from $29.02

4.0 out of 5 stars Could use a couple improvements, but very fun overall, June 11, 2011
I was hesitant to get this game after reading some of the reviews. I do agree with many of the other reviewers this game could use some improvement in detecting some moves correctly, and menu navigation but in my opinion these negatives are not enough to make me not enjoy the game.

The cons:
The voice recognition does not work great, I found it easier to just not use them.

I found that it was easier just to keep the controller near me most times to navigate the menus, I wish I didn't have to do this and the navigation was easier like other Kinect games.

Some moves were just hard for me to get the Kinect to realize I was doing the correct move, this was very frustrating during some workouts. The good part was this was only with a few certain exercises so I tended to skip the ones that seemed glitchy.

I was really looking forward to boxing, but unfortunately it just doesn't like the lower jab :( so I am disappointed.

The Pros: (which I think far out weigh the bad)
I really felt like I was working out. With some other exercise games I would never break a sweat, and it was to easy to cheat by doing an easier move. This got me moving and kept my heart rate up.

I like that you can eliminate certain moves from your program that you don't want to do.

I love that you can make your own workouts, and save them.

I think the heart monitor is a great addition to game.

Being able to exercise with two people is a great option, I like that when my husband is home we can workout together rather then having to take turns.

I like the additional activities especially the step aerobics, dodge-ball, and soccer. They make it much more fun to burn calories.

I think this is a good game for anyone that wants to include extra exercise into their routine. I am looking forward to seeing if this really does help me get more fit and more in shape. I'm also excited to see if it keeps more interested and motivated week after week.

Start the Party (Motion Control) - Playstation 3
Start the Party (Motion Control) - Playstation 3
Offered by Outlet Promotions
Price: $8.66
123 used & new from $0.57

3.0 out of 5 stars fun family or party game but could have been a great with some improvements, September 22, 2010
This game has so much potential but it doesn't seem to use all its potential. This is a fun game to play with families of all ages and is a great pick up play party game. This also does have a solo mode, but I don't know how much fun you will really have playing by yourself.

The good: The game lets each player choose their own skill level so its good for different ages playing at the same time. Its really cute how you take a pic and get to say your name, then you see your pic and hear your name when its your turn. The games are fun and are very easy to learn so anyone can play. I also like how it changes things up all the time, sometimes it makes it a team game or winner takes all.

The bad: On a couple games the motion controller doesn't seem to work. Sometimes it seems that you are jabbing, poking, or waving and nothing is really happening. I haven't played it a bunch yet, but it seems that there are not that many different games and it is going to get repetitive fast.

I think this is a fun game if you don't have too high of expectations of it. Its a fun game that is easy for players to pick up and play anytime.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 30, 2010 2:23 AM PDT

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay product for the price, September 22, 2010
For the price this product is a great value. You won't usually find one of these products let alone all three for this low of a price.

Let me start with the good: The car charger works great, and it doesn't feel extremely cheap. The screen protectors are exactly what you would expect and the are cut for a perfect fit on the phone.

Now the bad: The case is cheaply made, and doesn't really fit the phone right. Due to the phones design of the sliding keyboard this case is in two pieces and they don't stay together. The case was always popping off and getting in the way of the sliding mechanism and this is while I was mainly keeping my phone shut.

If you are buying this product for the screen protectors and the car charger you will be very pleased with the product, and just count the case as a free bonus.

60 Pound Digital Price Computing Scale Perfect for Grocery / Restaurant / Deli
60 Pound Digital Price Computing Scale Perfect for Grocery / Restaurant / Deli

5.0 out of 5 stars Great scale for small stores, September 22, 2010
This is an excellent scale for small business owners. I actually bought this scale for use at a fish market where we are weighting different fish all day. I love that you have the option of putting in different prices for items so you can easily weigh and price items as the customer brings them to you. I needed a scale with the tare function and it works perfectly. This scale also converts the pounds and price and tells you exactly how much the customer owes, this makes it so easy for anyone to use.

This is an excellent scale, and is a great value for your money.

Betty Crocker The 300 Calorie Cookbook: 300 tasty meals for eating healthy everyday (Betty Crocker Cooking)
by Betty Crocker
Price: $13.69
135 used & new from $0.40

3.0 out of 5 stars Great sounding recipes, some not so great tasting, September 22, 2010
When I first started looking through this book I marked all the recipes I wanted to make, I had tons of recipes marked. There are sooooo many recipes in this book that sound delicious, and they are actually 300 calories or less.

Once I started trying the recipes the results were very mixed. Some recipes such as the blue cheese burgers are delicious, and my whole family loved them. I think adding the oats to the burgers is genius, it makes it better for you and you can't even taste it. Then there are other recipes that just don't turn out tasting good. I made quite a few recipes that my family clearly told me not to make again. Some recipes were just throwing already done ingredients together, which can be nice on a busy weeknight but I don't need a recipe book to know how to add canned chili to cornbread.

Another small complaint is I wish there were more pictures, but I always love cookbooks with lots of pictures.

Overall this is a good cookbook, but not great. If you are looking for a low calorie recipe book with simple recipes this is a good cookbook to add to your collection.

Page: 1 | 2