Profile for Author Miller > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Author Miller RSS Feed (Florida, USA)

Professional Rechargeable Oral Irrigator with High Capacity Water Tank by ToiletTree Products. 2nd Generation Version.
Offered by ToiletTree Products

1.0 out of 5 stars I Can't Believe I Bought A ToiletTree!, December 14, 2014
I used it two or three times per week for four months, then it stopped working. I contacted the ToiletTree company via their website's email. I never received an answer. There is no way that this device is worth purchasing. It simply doesn't last long enough to provide value.

Imagine a Toilet. Now, imagine a Toilet in a Tree. Now, imagine a company with the "creativity" to combine those two ideas for their company name. They also created an oral irrigator that only lasts for about 40 uses.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 16, 2014 6:42 AM PST

Fart
Fart
Price: $0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Embarrassing Scam -- This App Will Take Over Your Connection, May 10, 2013
This review is from: Fart (App)
There are two kinds of people: Those who think farts are funny, and those who don't. I think they can be funny.

In a fit of whimsy, I purchased this app, with the idea that I would play some pleasingly annoying body noises for my wife. My noble purpose was thwarted by this app.

This app is really the most annoying scam that I've encountered with Android apps. The interface is ugly, and has about 10 embedded links, or triggers, for the sounds.

Immediately after loading this app, I noticed that my tablet seemed to be a LOT SLOWER, and my Internet connection came to a crawl. When I opened the screen, I noticed it had a press-able link at the bottom of the page that read "No Ads." I figured that, since I purchased the program, it was giving me the option to prevent the app from showing advertisements. I was wrong. Upon pressing "No Ads," I was taken to a place where I could purchase a "No Ads" program from within this program. What!

I exited back to the main page, and there was a banner ad at the top of the page. One after the other, they came. A car company, Devry Institute, along with a "Give your life to Jesus" ad. This program was loading banner ads so furiously quickly that I all my other programs that had access to the Internet were slowed down tremendously. In fact, it was so busy processing new ads that it was only responsive some of the time.

Also, when I finally got this app to make a farting sound, it was not funny at all. It was doubly embarrassing to download a fart program AND find that you could have done a lot better by blowing air into your hand. Really, it felt ridiculous.This "developer" could not have spent much time making this program, except for its MALWARE features.

After a minute or two, I concluded that this is MALWARE, and I immediately removed it from my tablet.

EasyBand Studio
EasyBand Studio
Price: $6.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good for Musical Composition, And Nice Interface, May 10, 2013
This review is from: EasyBand Studio (App)
This is a good program for composing chord progressions, and for trying variations on the theme. I buy a lot of programs, including full Digital Audio Workstations, and have recently begun buying these Android apps. This one is pretty good. In terms of aesthetics, it is one of the better apps.

For functionality, it couldn't be any easier to pull down a root note for a chord (A - for example), lay it in the timeline, and then pull down a modifier (such as "min") to make an A-minor sit on the timeline, and adjusting the duration of the chord is a simple as dragging the edge of the chord, making it either longer or shorter.

One immediate limitation that you will find is that it doesn't do 3/4 time. Hopefully that will change with future iterations of this program.

This apps' output audio quality is better than average. I play my tablet through a Bose sound system, or Klipsch headphones, and it sounds pretty darn good. It has an attractive splash screen (opening screen, while the program is loading). The programmer took the time to color code the root notes so that it is easy to find a chord along the timeline.

There are about 40 variations that you can choose for any progression that you create; some sound good, and others don't seem very useful. Tweaking the progression is somewhat limited, but, this developer did add an easy to use "fill" and "ending" so that your song doesn't just stop. The developer also programmed two variations for each chord. The main advantage to this is to vary the song so that it has a more dynamic quality. I like the fact that the drums actually change to announce a new musical part of the song, when you drop the "fill1" or the "fill2" variant onto the last chord in a section.

As I stated, you can vary the overall song with about 40 programmed "styles," but, micromanaging your song is not quite there. For example, you can't adjust the relative volume of the synthesized instruments, with a mixer screen, for example. However, this app does allow you to export either a .wav or midi file, and even allows you to export four tracks (that correspond to each instrument that plays). So, you could import the progression into your MIDI capable audio workstation and
then tweak it to your heart's content.

Anyway, I think this app deserves five stars because it offers so many easy to use chord variations, looks nice, and could be useful for you, even though it doesn't do 3/4 time. It sounds good. There are piano apps that I have bought, and they sound like toys. This app does not sound like a toy. It's good.

Chordbot Pro
Chordbot Pro
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Star App for Songwriters! Brilliant! *****, April 29, 2013
This review is from: Chordbot Pro (App)
I usually don't write reviews, but, this little Android application was so good that I felt I needed to share. This app allows you to create chord progressions with piano, drums, bass, organ, etc., and it actually sounds VERY GOOD! Other reviewers have gone into the details more thoroughly than I will, but, I will say that you can vary so many things about your progression, such as a choice of over a dozen piano arpeggio variations.

This program is very easy to use. You DO need to know a little chord theory, but, that's about it. I have several music-production Android apps, and this is THE ONE that sounds so good. At first I used this app to practice improvising guitar solos across different progressions, but, it is also good for vocalists, and others.

What really distinguishes this app is the quality of the sound; it has great tonal quality. Sometimes I can compose songs with nothing but this and my Klipsch headphones. It is really great.

Stash Tea Guayusa Tea with Chocolate, 18 Count Tea Bags in Foil (Pack of 6)
Stash Tea Guayusa Tea with Chocolate, 18 Count Tea Bags in Foil (Pack of 6)
Price: $24.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Flavor, but definitely steep two bags., January 11, 2013
This is a nice variation of Guayusa-based herbal teas. It is mild in flavor and effect, so you should steep two bags, otherwise it tastes watered down. Double up, and it's great. It is good for breakfast, or any time that you want a cocoa flavor.

Rockport Mens Needham Black Oxfords shoe Sz: 13
Rockport Mens Needham Black Oxfords shoe Sz: 13

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice! Comfortable and well made, and they look good!, October 10, 2012
I liked the picture, and I usually like Rockports, so I bought these. They fit well, and feel great. I really like the styling; it is somewhere between casual oxford-style, and athletic shoe. The shoe looks exactly like the picture depicts. The sheen of the leather upper is nice, and not so shiny that it would be hard to wear with casual pants, jeans, etc.

Fisher Space Pen, X-Mark Bullet Space Pen, Matte Black (SM400BWCBCL)
Fisher Space Pen, X-Mark Bullet Space Pen, Matte Black (SM400BWCBCL)
Price: $17.96
10 used & new from $15.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Pen!, October 24, 2011
I am a previous owner of a Fisher Space Pen. Specifically, I owned the Bullet Space Pen (Chrome). I lost it after four happy years. I wanted to replace my lost pen with another, and that's when I came across the Fisher Space Pen, X-Mark Bullet Space Pen, Matte Black.

Let me tell you why I love these pens. First, they write smoothly. Second, you can put them in your pants pocket without worrying that your body heat will cause them to leak ink in your pocket. They will not leak. If you don't wear a shirt with pockets, then you'll need to carry a pen in your pants pocket (if you wish to carry a pen). I suppose women (or men) could carry a pen in a bag, or whatever, but, that's not an option for me.

The bad thing about my old pen (the Bullet, Chrome) was that it was tapered, and had a smooth chrome finish. This made it a little too easy for the pen to slide out of my pocket when I sat down, especially in a car. I "lost" my old Space (chrome) three times before the last time, when I was unable to find it.

Enter the X-Mark Bullet Fisher Space Pen: This pen has ALL the qualities I loved about my original Space Pen, plus a few. First, the cap has a clip, and this provides enough of a texture to keep it from sliding out of your pants pocket when you carry it in your pants pocket. Second, you can clip your pen on your shirt pocket, or on your pants pocket, if you're wearing cargo pants, or pants with large openings at the pockets.

All of this would be quite irrelevant if the pen itself did not write with quality, so let me say that it does. It writes smoothly, as mentioned, and it writes on many different surfaces that ordinary pens cannot write on, such as plastic lids, etc. It won't replace your Sharpie, but, it will write on a lot of smooth surfaces that will not usually take ink from a ball point.

Also, because the ink is pressurized, it does, indeed, write at any angle. This is useful for me because I often jot things down on a legal pad (or whatever) while I am lying down. I have drawn entire schematics while holding a legal pad and writing with the pen upside down. Most pens will quickly run dry at the tip when you don't have them angled mostly downward. The Fisher Space pen will write smoothly at all angles, for as long as you need it to do so.

I have owned all of the big names, and most of the small names, and, without hesitation, I can say that Fisher Space Pens are my favorite pen. And, the Fisher X-Mark Bullet Space Pen, Matte Black is my favorite Fisher Space Pen. It is really hard to believe that such a quality writing instrument, with such unique and robust features, is so inexpensive. Plus, they are MADE IN THE USA, and I like that.

I have many friends who are in the military, or the police, and are tactical shooters. This pen has become very popular with them, because of the features that I mentioned, and the non-reflective coating that this all-metal pen has. The Fisher Space Pen, X-Mark, Matte Black, let's them easily update the all important "journal," while in the field.

In closing, this pen is . . . GREAT!