Profile for Hawk911 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 79

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Hawk911 RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Samsung UN22D5003 22-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV (Black) [2011 MODEL]
Samsung UN22D5003 22-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV (Black) [2011 MODEL]
5 used & new from $160.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked so well I bought another, March 8, 2015
Bought one for my MacPro workstation back in (2012?) and liked it so much I later bought another for my PC workstation in 2013.
Both are still working great. They are used to live output from Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects and 3Ds Max so I can see on a TV what my work will look like as I am creating it.
It took some resarch but ultimately discovered that this TV can output "1:1 Pixel mapping",which is also called "dot by dot" or "just scan". The newer Samsung TVs call it "screen fit" now. What all that means is that your video signal is sent to the TV without stretching or chopping it so you can see the image just like it is. That is important when you are a media creator.
It also can be calibrated using the Matrox MX02 in case you need to know that.
I've never played games on it or watched TV programs but I have tested Blu-Rays with it and created hundreds of hours of professional video using it as preview while I work.

Delkin All-In-One Universal Card Reader Compatible with SDXC, UDMA and SDHC DDREADER-41
Offered by aSavings
Price: Click here to see our price
11 used & new from $10.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent just like the reviews said, March 8, 2015
After reading stellar reviews I decided to get one. I must say I am not disapointed. It works great! The only thing I don't like is the little side micro SD card slot tends to cause friction on my cards so I generally use my Sony card reader for micro SD.

CowboyStudio Photography 10 X 20ft Chromakey Green Muslin Backdrop with 10ft  Heavy Duty Crossbar Background Support System with Carry Bag
CowboyStudio Photography 10 X 20ft Chromakey Green Muslin Backdrop with 10ft Heavy Duty Crossbar Background Support System with Carry Bag
Price: $106.99
2 used & new from $102.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good budget Setup, March 8, 2015
After reading reviews and also owning several other Cowboy Studio products I decided to give this a try. It is BIG.
It basically performs as expected. As others said, it came needing to be ironed because the fold creases haven't gone away even after being left up for several months. A handheld steamer will solve that. The stands seem to be of reasonable quality and though the green material isn't as good as foam backed fabric, it doesn't cost nearly as much, either.

I'd say for a budget green screen this is a pretty good option. It's large enough to get your talent far enough away to light properly and pull a good key. Make sure you have plenty of room. Setting up in a house may be a tight fit. The stands MIGHT be good enough to hang foam backed fabric onto. I may test that in the future.

Adobe Acrobat X Professional Student & Teacher Edition [OLD VERSION]
Adobe Acrobat X Professional Student & Teacher Edition [OLD VERSION]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for PDFs, March 8, 2015
I use this a fair amoount and have been for a couple years or more now. Being able to make interactive fillable PDFs is very helpful and this does that well.
The academic price is a good deal. I'm glad I bought it when I could. There are also free PDF programs out there which work well but I prefer this one for all the options you can do concerning PDFs.

ATC®9 cells DELL Inspiron 6400 E1505 KD476 GD761 Laptop Battery Replacement
ATC®9 cells DELL Inspiron 6400 E1505 KD476 GD761 Laptop Battery Replacement
Offered by Moon Gazer
Price: $19.37
24 used & new from $15.23

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as original but cost less, March 8, 2015
When the original battery gave up the ghost I gave this one a try. It never worked exactly great but it did buy some extra time. I remember the computer giving a fuss about it but it still worked ok.

Tryouts
Tryouts
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally found this song after many years, March 8, 2015
This review is from: Tryouts (MP3 Music)
I heard this way back when the movie Rudy came out and loved it. Since then I forgot all about it it until I heard it on a TV sporting goods commercial a couple decades later. So I began trying to figure out what the song was. An internet search led me to Amazon and I realized - hey! - that's the song from Rudy that I had forgotten all about. So now I bought it, never to forget it again. It's a powerful and encouraging song well composed and performed. Goldsmith had wonderful talent. Listeing to it inspires one to want to go accomplish something.

Just A Dream (Main)
Just A Dream (Main)
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Touching song, March 8, 2015
This review is from: Just A Dream (Main) (MP3 Music)
I heard this on the radio and then bought it on Amazon. Catchy song. Nice rythm with an emotional and haunting theme of regret. Makes you think of one of those things in life you wish you could go back in time and do differently but you can't.

Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black
Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black
Offered by Electronics323
Price: $25.99
84 used & new from $1.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent headphones, March 8, 2015
These are better than the cheaper headphones I was tolerating, but they aren't excellent. Basically they look good, feel good and are light weight.
I use them during weddings with video cameras connected to wirelss lav mics from a distance and they work well for that but when it comes to commercial production when I want to hear even more from the mics and less from the environment, I wish they blocked out more sound than they do. I find myself cranking the camera headphone jack up and pressing them on my ears harder trying to hear better only the sound coming from the mic.
For the price I can't really complain. For better headphones you simply have to pay more.

OFC Express TV Stand 42 x 14 x 5.25, Black
OFC Express TV Stand 42 x 14 x 5.25, Black
Offered by OFC Express
Price: $94.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product. Well made, March 8, 2015
Opened it up and it was ready to go. I expected some assembly. This thing was a little pricy but it works exactly as hoped. I've been using it for a number of years now. It's very well made and freed up some desk space. Looks good as well

Cable Matters® Gold Plated Micro HDMI to HDMI Male to Female Adapter
Cable Matters® Gold Plated Micro HDMI to HDMI Male to Female Adapter
Offered by Cable Matters
Price: $5.49
2 used & new from $5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Does as it should, March 8, 2015
Works good so far. When dealing with lots of electronics and various production needs, it seems one always needs a plethora of adapters and cables. This one serves as reducing from full size HDMI to micro which I sometimes need. When you need it, you need it and therefore it needs to be in your aresenal since you can't just buy these things at any local store when the job requires it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8