Profile for Seb311 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 72

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Seb311 RSS Feed (Dothan, Alabama)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Being Human (U.S.) Season 2 [HD]
Being Human (U.S.) Season 2 [HD]
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good show, June 1, 2014
I liked the British version but this is actually a really good version too. Highly recommend. Plus its free on prime.

X-Men: Days of Future Past [Blu-ray]
X-Men: Days of Future Past [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Hugh Jackman
Price: $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best X-men movie ever made, May 26, 2014
Among X-men fans X2 Xmen United is pretty much everyone's favorite. Xmen First class is probably in second place as it helped Xmen fans wash out the horrible taste in their mouths of Xmen The Last Stand and Xmen Origins Wolverine. Well I can honestly say that Bryan Singer and company has finally topped Xmen United. When I first heard they were making a movie version of Days of Future Past, I was intrigued. This is one of the most famous comic stories from the Xmen comics and was turned into a memorable two part episode of the excellent 90s cartoon on Fox. But as my excitement level increased as the release date got closer, I was also skeptical. I loved First class but I also know that it is easy to mess up a xmen movie. So I went to see it in the theater and I'm glad I did. It seems like Fox has finally got a streak going when it comes to the Xmen films. First Class was excellent, The Wolverine was pretty good, and now Days of Future Past is a modern classic. The action, the story, the special effects, the direction, are all well done. I don't want to get into the story because I do not want to spoil the movie for people that have not seen it. But I will say that Fox has fixed the biggest problems that xmen fans have had when the older films and it made me extremely happy. Also stick around after the credits for a nice teaser that is going to lead into the next film X men Apocalypse.

Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / DVD + Digital Copy)
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / DVD + Digital Copy)
Price: $30.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a cute movie, May 26, 2014
I took my 8 year old daughter to see this movie in the theater and we both loved it. It is very cute and very entertaining. It seems like some of the recent Dreamworks animated movies have missed with mainstream audiences, this, Turbo, and Rise of the Guardians for some reason hasn't made the box office they deserved. I was happy that Guardians and Turbo found life once it was released on Blu Ray and was available to stream on Netflix so I'm hoping this happens to Mr. Peabody as well. Netflix made an animated series out of Turbo and Mr. Peabody would be perfect for an animated series, as it used to be. An updated series would be awesome. Overall I hope this underrated gem finds some fans when it hits Blu Ray and DVD because it deserves a bigger audience.

Panasonic DMP-BDT360 Smart Network 4K Plus 3D Blu-Ray Disc Player
Panasonic DMP-BDT360 Smart Network 4K Plus 3D Blu-Ray Disc Player
Offered by Deal-Hunters
Price: $133.15
13 used & new from $89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Blu Ray player on the market., May 19, 2014
Panasonic has done it again. This is the third Panasonic Blu Ray player that I have owned. I have also owned their 2011 and 2012 flagship models and both of those players were great. This one continues their streak of putting on a great picture, great sound, and fast blu ray player. I originally bought the new Sony 5200 blu ray player and the first unit would not play disks and had problems with Hulu Plus play back. So I sent it back to Amazon and got a second unit. This one played Blu Rays but was slow and just wasn't up to snuff. Also Hulu Plus, one of the few streaming services I use, would randomly cut off and restart at the last commercial. So I sent it back and I got the new Panasonic. It is amazing on being an actual Blu Ray player. Also it's future proof in the fact that it can do 4K upscalling. Obviously I do not have a 4K TV but when I buy one in a few years it's nice to know that my Blu Ray player will still be relevant. Netflix and hulu Plus work great on this player. I will give a warning, Amazon Instant Video and MLB.TV are not available yet on this player. I have contacted Panasonic customer service and they said that both are waiting for certification, which means they should be available to download hopefully in the next couple of weeks. Amazon in particular was slow to get their app out to all blu ray players. The new Samsung, LG, and Sony models did not have the Amazon Instant video app either. Sony has recently added it to their player but it's still MIA on Samsung and LG as well. Hopefully Amazon will get the app out to all of the players as their Amazon Prime streaming service has gotten really good the last couple of months adding exclusives like Orphan Black and Veronica mars. But again as far as straight Blu ray performance, picture and sound, you aren't beating this player. Also one tip for some reason this player is only available through 3rd party sellers but it is available at Best Buy and it's usually 20 to 30 dollars cheaper there. Hopefully Amazon proper will get some of these players in stock.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 18, 2014 12:10 AM PDT

Turn Blue
Turn Blue
Price: $9.99
77 used & new from $4.59

5.0 out of 5 stars A good change of direction, May 19, 2014
This review is from: Turn Blue (Audio CD)
The Black Keys are an interesting band. They aren't afraid to change up their sound from record to record. I've been a fan since their first record and ever since those early records it seems that they love to change it up and give the fans something new. I will give a warning to new fans, if you only became a fan off of El Camino, you might be disappointed. That was a very catchy, radio friendly record, and there is nothing wrong with that. But the Black Keys have stated that they wanted to make an old school headphones record. I found that to be very true. This is a record meant to be listened to on Vinyl with a pair of headphones. Not ear buds, not MP3s but an actual Vinyl record with headphones. Some really good guitar and some nice throwbacks to their bluesier early days. Overall it's one of my favorite records of 2014 and Turn Blue fits perfectly within their catalog.

Frozen (Plus Bonus Features) [HD]
Frozen (Plus Bonus Features) [HD]

5.0 out of 5 stars A new classic, May 19, 2014
This movie lives up to the hype. The animation is great, the songs are great. There is a reason that children all around the United States are obsessed with this movie. My 8 year old is one of them. A modern classic.

MLB 14: The Show
MLB 14: The Show
Price: Click here to see our price
91 used & new from $30.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My addiction is back!, May 19, 2014
This review is from: MLB 14: The Show (Video Game)
I am a MLB the show addict. I can admit it. I was still playing MLB 13 until about a month before 14 came out. First off the graphics. They are unbelievable. By far the best looking sports game of all time. The animations, the players faces and gestures, the stadium recreations, just look amazing. The gameplay is that great game play that Sony has mastered from previous editions of the show. Road to the show is still the most addictive sports RPG around. Franchise mode is great and from now on you will be able to continue your franchise in next year's installment. That is the one thing that I always wished for and now we get it. Honestly I give this game my highest recommendation. One of the best sports games of all time.

Sony BDPS5200 3D Blu-ray Disc Player with Wi-Fi
Sony BDPS5200 3D Blu-ray Disc Player with Wi-Fi
Offered by Video & Audio Center
Price: Click here to see our price
42 used & new from $65.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Hulu plus app doesn't work right., May 4, 2014
This is the second unit that I have received. I sent the first one back to Amazon because Hulu plus app had playback issues and blu rays simply would not play. The second unit played blu rays perfectly but Hulu Plus still doesn't work right. Loads the episode and half way through it the episode will go black and jump back to the last commercial break. Very frustrating.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 6, 2014 11:44 AM PDT

MLB Atlanta Braves (Nave Base) Laser-Cut Auto Tag
MLB Atlanta Braves (Nave Base) Laser-Cut Auto Tag
6 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best tags on the market, May 4, 2014
Laser cut tags are the best. This is the third one that I have bought and they never fade and they last a long, long time. Highly recommend!

FETCH! With Ruff Ruffman
FETCH! With Ruff Ruffman

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves it., April 15, 2014
My daughter watches this show all the time. She is 8 and has watched it numerous times on Prime. Educational.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8