Profile for J. Foust > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 91

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Foust RSS Feed (Atlanta, GA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
NEW TINSULATE MOTORCYCLE LEATHER FULL GLOVES BLACK XL
NEW TINSULATE MOTORCYCLE LEATHER FULL GLOVES BLACK XL
Offered by jackets4bikes owned & operated by I2X Gears, Inc.
Price: $19.74

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not in sub-freezing temps, February 13, 2015
I picked these gloves up in the hopes that I could ride in mild Georgia winters with them. In temps above freezing, they're okay. Once you get above 40, they're fantastic. Anything near or below freezing and my hands freeze. I tried putting on a pair of nitrile gloves and then putting on these gloves and riding in 30 degree weather this morning and that didn't help things. I have gotten caught out in the rain with them a few times, and they did keep my hands nice and dry.

A lot of motorcycle gloves that I try on are a little too short in the middle finger, and my middle finger ends up crammed in there and uncomfortable. These are PERFECT in that regard. Plenty of space for my hands, and the XL's fit just like XLs should. The gauntlet is flaired enough to fit over my jacket, but not so loose that there's a lot of air space in there.

I've probably ridden 1,000 miles or so with these gloves, and they have held up nicely. All the stitching is intact, no rips or anything else. The leather isn't the beefiest I've ever seen. It's obviously pretty thin, but for the money, I can't say I was surprised. Despite the thinness, I haven't ripped them or anything like that. Definitely good gloves for the money...

Ion Audio Cassette Adapter Bluetooth Music Receiver for Cassette Decks
Ion Audio Cassette Adapter Bluetooth Music Receiver for Cassette Decks
Offered by goHastings
Price: $29.99
6 used & new from $29.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, horrible sound!, December 3, 2014
The adapter is sturdy, and pairing up with it was simple. I'm sure the hands-free phoning is a nice touch, but I never used it. The sound quality is so bad that I listened for a few minutes, put it back in the box, and filed for a return! It literally sounds like you're in a tin can. No highs or lows at all. I did like that it didn't rattle and make noise like my cheap old Koss tape adapter that plugs into my headphone jack, but the sound quality is MISERABLE! Avoid at all costs!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 12, 2015 10:17 AM PST

Etree Bicycle/Motorcycle Riding Protective Gloves Red XL
Etree Bicycle/Motorcycle Riding Protective Gloves Red XL
Offered by Hotshopping
Price: $9.53
11 used & new from $3.91

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid gloves, but a little short in the fingers., October 10, 2014
I just bought my first bike, and these are my first gloves that I've ever bought. They aren't bad for the money, but like others said, the fingers are a little short. I wear an XL glove, and after riding for 20mins or so my fingertips get sore from being pressed into the ends of the gloves. Other than that, the hard shell parts on the knuckles and palms seem very solid - hopefully I won't ever have to find out how well they work or don't work! The finger vents are nice and do get a decent bit of air flowing in on your hands.

Mine are slightly different than pictured - they have a shiny plate on the top of the wrist where the black oval is on the ones pictured. They also say Sport Biker or something similar on the knuckle pads. If I think about it, I'll get a pic.

Lutron S2-LFSQH-WH Electronics Dual Slide-To-Off Fan and Light Control, White
Lutron S2-LFSQH-WH Electronics Dual Slide-To-Off Fan and Light Control, White
Price: $26.95
43 used & new from $8.94

5.0 out of 5 stars When our house was built in the late 90's the ..., July 17, 2014
When our house was built in the late 90's the kids' bedrooms were wired for a single switch. I wanted them to have fan/light controls separately so they could turn on the fan without having to get an adult that could reach the pull chain. I ordered these and they work fantastically! I used the 12/2 wiring that came from the electrical panel, and bought some 12/3 wire to run from the switch up to the light/fan. If you are wired for a single switch, you will almost certainly need to do this as well so there is a separate power wire for the fan and the light.

Other than the pain of trying to fish the new 12/3 wire through the wall and up through the top plate in the ceiling, installation was a breeze. I ended up ripping out the existing junction box and putting in an "old work" junction box because I got tired of trying to find the dang wire through a knock-out hole in the existing box...That really made things a breeze!

One bedroom had plain old incandescent lights, and they dimmed without a problem. The other room had non-dimming CFL's and not only did they not dim, but they made a ton of buzzing noise.. I took that as a chance to upgrade that fan to dimmable LEDs. Problem solved!

HT-IP206P IP camera
HT-IP206P IP camera
Offered by HQ Tech

1.0 out of 5 stars Seemed like a good idea, but didn't work at all for me., July 17, 2014
This review is from: HT-IP206P IP camera (Camera)
Mine was basically DOA... I unboxed it, hooked it up via ethernet, powered it up, and it never really worked. (note: I'm a network admin so I know my way around hardware and networks). I went into my router and could see that the camera had gotten an IP address, but it was not accessible via the IP. I tried to ping the camera, and it would respond to 3 or 4 pings, and then time out on the next 12 or so. This cycle would continue indefinitely.

I don't know how, but I was able to get it to actually work and let me log into the web UI one time, and then I enabled WiFi, which required a reboot, and it never came back up. In the brief time that it did decide to work, the web interface seemed decent enough, the pan/tilt function worked nicely, and the image quality was pretty good.

I emailed HooToo support, and they responded quickly and sounded like they wanted to help, but in the end I decided to just send the camera back to Amazon for a refund.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 17, 2014 7:00 PM PDT

Cutequeen Trading 8pcs White 31mm(1.25") 5050 4 Smd 72 Lumens 12v Festoon Dome Light LED Bulbs De3175 De3021 De3022 3175(pack of 8)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little lights, June 1, 2014
I bought some other lights to replace the bulbs in my G35, and they were nothing but trouble. I ordered this 8-pack to replace all of the overhead lights and the courtesy lights that illuminate the ground when you open the doors. I only needed 6, but figured I would get the 8pk in case one or two didn't work, and if they happened to all work, then I'd have spares! I put them in today, and they work great! They give off a nice white light that's brighter than normal bulbs, but not blinding, and they fit perfectly in the bulb holders. One bulb works, but if you bump it, it will flicker (so I took off a star for that one), but the other 7 are solid. I will update as time goes if I have any trouble with them lasting, but so far I am quite happy with them.

E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Wireless Gaming Mouse (EMS601BKAA-NF)
E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Wireless Gaming Mouse (EMS601BKAA-NF)
Offered by Sanya Jewelry
Price: $22.99
55 used & new from $16.96

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money!, March 21, 2014
Mouse worked somewhat okay for about an hour... It was fine while you were using it, but if I didn't use the mouse for a couple of minutes, the mouse pointer would track very slowly for the first few seconds. Then all of a sudden, after about an hour, it was in permanent slow-mo mode, like many others described.

Also I have hands that are a little larger than most, but not massive and the thumb rest was a little tight. The mouse was also flatter than most that I was used to, but I think I would have gotten used to it. I thought the lights were kind of dumb, but the lighted scroll wheel did have nice meaty 'nubs' that made it very easy for my finger to scroll as much as I wanted to.

Would have been a good mouse had it actually worked.

Lumax LX-1344 Black Hand Transfer Pump
Lumax LX-1344 Black Hand Transfer Pump
Price: $22.57
3 used & new from $14.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Should have bought this a long time ago!, March 11, 2014
My family races karts, and at the end of a race day, we have to get all of the gas out of the tanks.. I had bought some of the cheap $10 plastic fluid transfer pumps, but they always seem to end up cracking or the hoses don't stay in the pump, etc.

I bought this mainly because of the metal body and big hoses. I figured it would last longer and pump more in a stroke. The other pumps have hoses that slide into a hole on the pump and they always seem to fly out mid-pump and spew gas everywhere. This pump has barbed nipples that the hoses slip over, which is already more secure, but I may safety wire them just to be sure they never come off. It works brilliantly! It's really big - like 2 or 3 coke cans stacked on top of each other. Because of its size, it's a bit cumbersome at times, but it does a fantastic job getting fluids from one place to another.

Plano 10137 Gun Guard SE Single Scoped Pistol Case
Plano 10137 Gun Guard SE Single Scoped Pistol Case
Price: $9.99
16 used & new from $9.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Works for my needs (kart alignment tools), January 8, 2014
I wanted a hard-shelled, padded case for transporting and storing my alignment tools for our racing karts, and this fit the bill. I didn't want something that cost a ton, but wanted something that would keep a few small tools for caster/camber/toe, etc all in one place and all relatively safe. This seems to do the job nicely. The first time I shut the case, I had to give it a good squeeze to get the latches closed, but after my tools kind of "settled" into the foam, it's much easier to close now.

Allstar Performance ALL10120 Safety Wire Twister Plier
Allstar Performance ALL10120 Safety Wire Twister Plier
Price: $34.99
15 used & new from $30.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems good, January 7, 2014
I'm no professional, but I maintain all of my family's vehicles and we also race go-karts, so I know how to turn a wrench. Until now I've been double-nutting fasteners on all of our karts or using nylocks, but I figured I should really start safety wiring. These pliers seem to do the trick for me. I don't think they'd hold up to daily use by a real race team or aviation mechanic, but for a couple of karts and 12 race weekends a year, I think they'll do just fine!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10