Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Beach House Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage GNO Shop Now Deal of the Day
Profile for Just some old guy. > Reviews

Browse

Just some old guy.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 87

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Just some old guy. RSS Feed (Wa State)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Attack on Titan, Part 1 (Limited Edition Blu-ray / DVD Combo)
Attack on Titan, Part 1 (Limited Edition Blu-ray / DVD Combo)
DVD ~ Mike McFarland
Price: $50.96
29 used & new from $43.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Limted Edition Design...., June 6, 2014
My complaint is not with the show. I think it is a great show.....yet the Limited Edition....is a very poor design in my opinion. It is designed like a book....it is in now way completely closed like most. Think "Death Not" or "Basilisk" removed from their outer cases. Which leaves it open to dust and anything else that can get in there.
As for myself it "the Limited Edition" is in no way worth it. I will end up buying the regular version too and then give this away. I was hoping it would have been the chipboard box like some many other Limited Editions ... Dance in the Vampire Bund...The Legend of Legendary Heroes...Ride Back..Yamada's First Time...High School DxD..Hellsing Unlimited...Blood C..etc but it was not.
Disappointed in the design is all...not the series.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 6, 2014 7:02 PM PDT

The Godzilla Collection (Vol 1 and 2)
The Godzilla Collection (Vol 1 and 2)
DVD ~ Yuriko Hoshi
Price: $22.30
18 used & new from $17.79

3.0 out of 5 stars Collection not as pictured., May 13, 2014
You do not get the individual cases for each disc. There are two cases with all the discs inside. As for the movies I have no problems..just not what I was expectiing.

Shangri-La: Complete Series - S.A.V.E
Shangri-La: Complete Series - S.A.V.E
DVD ~ Jad Saxton
7 used & new from $70.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding S.A.V.E. Edition..save yourself $80, May 9, 2014
This is just a brief about the "SAVE" edition. I payed almost $70 for parts one and two...Part one I bought the "Limited Edition". Well much to my surprise...when I bought this version as a gift, it was the Chipboard box like my limited edition. Basically it IS the "Limited Edition" Chipboard box with Part Two included.
It is the Limited Edition box...."That people are trying to sell you for $60 - part one" with both parts. If you were to buy both parts as of now - Part 1 "Limited Edition" = $60....Part 2 = $37. With this version you get the Chipboard box - Parts 1 & 2 = $20.
No....it does not have SAVE plastered all over the front of the box. I really wish all SAVE Editions were like this. It is the best edition I have seen and truly lives up the word "SAVE".

I hope to see more like this!!!

As far as the animation goes.....it is done by GONZO and as a whole is above average. Kuniko Hojo is your main character and is the heir apparent to rebel group known as Metal Age. Kuniko and her almost ever present Tranny friend "Momoko" are a great team. Even during the heat of battle Momoko always drops lines...she grabs one soldier and while she is surrounded by more Soldiers she'll say "Patience boys..You all get a turn"...then proceeds to drop them. Two very likeable and inseparable characters. Yet there are three more that the story centers around and all are headed in the same direction. Whom will lay claim to Atlas, a haven amoung their ruinous existence...a city free of the strife endured by the masses aournd it.
After the second great Konto quake - Tokyo is left to be reclaimed by nature. Hence the premises of the story. Their economy is carbon based and the more your nation pollutes the worse your econmy is...so Tokyo was left to be reclaimed by nature hoping to cool the planet and lower carbon emissions.
In my opinion this is a sleeper and at least worth watching.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 6, 2014 2:31 PM PDT

Son of God [Blu-ray]
Son of God [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Gary Oliver
Offered by Brandon's House of Fun
Price: $17.69
83 used & new from $4.17

4.0 out of 5 stars The Book was Better......, May 6, 2014
This review is from: Son of God [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
It is part of "The Bible" miniseries. Which I skipped a few of the smaller stories and went onto the meat of the series so to speak. I found this to be a very likeable telling. Jesus is portrayed very well and when watching this I could see the others in the story learning from him even though they were not suppose to. As one person kept saying..."There is something about him"...he did not agree with the elders whom wanted him gone. He was the one who tried to bait Jesus when he asked him about taxes and Jesus replied "Render unto Ceaser that which is his".
I can only speak for myself when I say that I think this would be more entertaining to someone whom is already familiar with the Bible. I say that because it all happens so fast and there is not a lot of development of characters. There is so much to tell and so little time.
As for myself....I more than likely will buy it.

K - The Complete Series (Limited Edition)(Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
K - The Complete Series (Limited Edition)(Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
DVD ~ GoRA
Price: $51.23
22 used & new from $51.09

4.0 out of 5 stars English Version., April 22, 2014
It is in English and you will hear voices that you have heard before...Sam Regal is the lead character. Sam Regal also was the the character "Shiro" in Fate Stay Night. This time he is also Shiro...I heard the voice of the person whom played Kai in Blood + as well.
As far as the animation goes it is the same as Mardock Scramble...I heard it was the same studio and that is why it was taking Mardock Scramble so long to be made. Vibrant colors with richly detailed environments are the main in every episode. It was lacking a little on some explainations but none the less still a very likeable show.
Shiro is suspected of being a murderer...there is even a video of the killer and it looks just like him. Yet Shiro swears he was at school at the time of this murder meanwhile there are people out to kill him because of this video. One such person finds Shiro and until he can prove that Shiro is or isnt the murderer he will not let him out of his sight. If Shiro is indeed quilty...he will kill him on the spot.
So while trying to evade those who are after him...Shiro tries to piece together the puzzle of whom this person is in the video.
My brief discription really does not do it justice but it is a very good show. I had seen it before and once I found out it was in English I bought it.

New Bright 1:6 Full-Function Radio-Controlled Truck
New Bright 1:6 Full-Function Radio-Controlled Truck

2.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware........, April 21, 2014
The truck itself is nice and big.... however it is the battery....I recharged it 3 times then it would not hold a charge. I can not find one to replace it with. If I had looked on Walmarts page and read some of their reviews I would have seen that most everyone had the same problem. As I said the truck itself went fast and was pretty durable for the light plastic it is made of...I just wish I could find a replacement because the kids really enjoyed playing with it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 29, 2014 9:51 PM PST

MST3K Vs. Gamera: Mystery Science Theater 3000, Vol. XXI [Deluxe Edition]
MST3K Vs. Gamera: Mystery Science Theater 3000, Vol. XXI [Deluxe Edition]
DVD ~ Joel Hodgson
2 used & new from $114.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Squish.....poor Tibby, March 27, 2014
These old monster movies are great....Speaking for myself I find that I enjoy the Monster movies best. When the little ones come over they always wants to watch the Robots..."Tom & Crow". They love these Gamera movies and any other Giant Monster MST movie.
When the 5 year old heard Crow say ..."Squish"...he said "Awww... he stepped on my friend" ...I was surprised he got that. While these shows are not for everyone....it is nice that I can watch something from my childhood with the Grandchildren and they enjoy it.
I only have about 10 or so sets and this one is the one that gets the most play. We've seen all these movies a few times now and they are still enjoyable to all of us.
Great set!!

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - Xbox 360
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - Xbox 360
Offered by PNP Games
Price: $17.88
36 used & new from $13.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful Hints, February 13, 2014
To start with this is one of the better RPG games I have played in a long time. So....What is the difference between Dragon's Dogma & Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen? Dark Arisen is the same game as Dragons Dogma except this has the expansion Bitterblack Isle. In other words if you are going to buy one you I would buy this version.

First off if you are starting Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen at the beginning...you definitely need to get Ferrystones. However first you will have to walk around a bit and complete some of the quests. You will find them as you explore but Lord Fornival in the "Noble Quarters" sells them but only 3 or so every several days. In Gran Soren there is a vender at a small shop called the Black Cat....or something like that. Once you stay at the "Inn" in the center of Gran Soren you go head straight past the fountain through the drinking pub over the canal and he is in one of those little alleys...and he also sells as many Ferrystones as you can afford. I bought like 50 in one shot and he also sells Forgerys of items.

After you kill the Dragon and the "Everfall" opens up there is a quest to give someone 20 Wake Stones...I would not recommend giving them the 20 Wake Stones anytime soon. It is best if you gather as many as you can as they will be extremely important in continuing your game once you reach "Bitterblack Isle". Wake Stones allow to get right back up and continue your fight....versus not using a Wake Stone and starting from the last save or Check Point "Repaired Rift Stones". If you leveled up enough....in the "Everfall" there is a Dragon in the "Chamber on Lament" and it will take a couple of times of going in and out of that Chamber to beat him. Once you do beat him you will have the opportunity to pick up about 25 Wake Stones. You can go back and kill him again after a day or two. Once you have a massive supply go ahead and give the girl the 20 stones and that automatically will take you the end of that portion of the game. (You can buy Wake Stones but they are like 30,000 gold each on Bitterblack Isle)

Once you have access to Bitterblack Isle the girl that takes you there from the pier can purify items. This is extremely helpful as some of the items she will cleanse (normally) level 3 bobbets are the Master's Rings. Let's say you have a skill "Hundred Kisses" if you equip a ring -Daggerist's Band or something- that enhances Hundred Kisses it becomes "Thousand Kisses". You will never reach "Thousand Kisses" without that ring. There are several rings of this nature...Cutting Wind becomes Shearing Wind....Downpour Volley becomes Hurricane Volley. High Bolide becomes Grand Bolide....things like that. You can give them to your main pawn & it will have the same effect. You can give them to your secondary pawns but once you equip your secondary pawns with items you will not be able to get them back. Some items you can not give to Secondary Pawns at all.

Weapons - Armor -Clothing..basically anything you equip on your main character..will become Dragon Forged after killing a dragon or two and that will allow to upgrade another 3 levels on Weapons-Armor etc. Then you can give those to your main pawn because their equipment will not become dragon forged. Only what you have equipped does.

This is an awesome game...with numerous vocations to choose from. Ranger - Strider - Mage -etc. Each has their own special moves and some may share one or two in common. You will be able to switch Vocations if you do not like what you have chosen yet your ranking will start over...the first 7 or so rank increases come rather easily but the last two 8 & 9 take a little bit.

Speaking for myself I have found this game to be a blast once I got past the beginning and got enough Ferrystones to "Fast Travel" to numerous places.

When it comes to Pawns and you pick a higher level one they may die rather quickly at first because they have to gain knowledge on the foes that you will fight. Once they have fought a creature with you a couple of times they become much better at fighting said foe. I would pick one several levels above me then I would not switch them out until I was several levels above them.

Hope some of this may help....great game. I wish there was more.

Beautiful Creatures (Blu-ray+DVD)
Beautiful Creatures (Blu-ray+DVD)
DVD ~ Alden Ehrenreich
Price: $14.36
72 used & new from $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than I thought it would be., February 11, 2014
So many other reviewers have told the basic plot. What I found enjoyable were the effects....it was not a movie that overly relied on CGI but there are a quite a few scenes. I got a kick out of the dinner scene where Jeremy Irons says " I was hoping for a dinner we all could survive" here is the table spinning around and crap flying around the room and the one kid is just sitting at the spinning table eating (like normal) while everybody else is holding on for dear life and watching the two girls argue.
While this is a movie geared for a younger audience I still found it very entertaining and left me with the hope that there would be more movies based on the other 3 books. However based on the so-so reception from the public...I doubt it.
I like it better than any of the Twilight movies or The Mortal Instruments "City of Bones". As for my taste I put this with something like "The Host" a decent show with solid acting yet just lacked a little something more to make it a Blockbuster.
Acting was solid and characters were very likeable for their parts - effects were awesome and for $10-15 it is a good buy.

Roku 3 Streaming Media Player (2014 model)
Roku 3 Streaming Media Player (2014 model)
Offered by goHastings
Price: $74.99
89 used & new from $58.45

2.0 out of 5 stars One Star for each day I had it returned it......bought Roku 2 XS., February 4, 2014
Hooking it up is easy. Loads times are very fast however time and time again it was like looking through a window shade. I watched the same show on my Roku 2 XS in the other room and everything was fine.

Do not get me wrong...I really like my Roku players and would recommend buying one. I just had problems with the Roku 3...both of my Roku 2 XS are a blessing. Roku 3 is definately much faster with the load times but then again it only takes 5-7 seconds for my Roku 2 XS to load a 2 hour movie.

Bottom line....Roku's are super easy to hook up....awesome picture quality. Numerous channels and of course you get the major ones but through subscription only..Netflix-Hulu-Amazon....Vudu-MGO. As for myself, I am very pleased with Roku's overall performance and not to mention the channels...FUNIMATION & Crunchyroll.

I am 50 years old and I am able to get by without cable because my Roku's...and watching blurays.

I HIGHLY recommend getting a Roku 2 XS player....I had to many problems with the Roku 3....window shade...rebooting...reloading while trying to watch.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9