Profile for CenVillager > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 101

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

CenVillager "cenvillager" RSS Feed (Pembroke Pines, FL USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Prime-Line Products P 8096 Screen Repair Patch, 3-Inch X 3-Inch, Charcoal
Prime-Line Products P 8096 Screen Repair Patch, 3-Inch X 3-Inch, Charcoal
Price: $2.77
36 used & new from $0.98

5.0 out of 5 stars It does work when applied only on the inside of the screen, May 7, 2014

It works!

We have had several gully washer rains beating against the patch on the screen. It is secure. There is no sign of any weakening of the glue. I am now totally happy with the product. It CAN be attached to only the inside of the screen with the glue facing the weather with no ill effect.

I am now upgrading my stars to 5.

EARLIER COMMENTS:
I live in an upper floor apartment. My porch screen is not accessible from the outside so I can't put a patch on both sides of the hole. I can't apply one patch with the glue side facing away from the weather.

Today, May 7th, I put a single patch on the inside of the screen, covering a hole. The sticky side faces out, towards the weather. It was extremely easy to apply. Just peel, press and rub.

Will the patch hold up when heavy rain beats on the exposed sticky side of the patch? Time will tell.

I have marked my calendar to post a followup in 30 days. Then I will update this preliminary review and describe how the single patch worked. My current rating is three stars, a middle of the road rating. When I get more data my rating will change based on the results.

Thor
Thor
DVD
Price: $2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Lots of action, but boring anyway., October 31, 2013
This review is from: Thor (Amazon Instant Video)
Poor story, fair acting, but good action scenes. If they make a sequel I won't bother viewing, even for free.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 2, 2013 7:18 AM PDT

Woods 041201 6-Outlet Side Entry Wall Adapter with Sliding Saftey Covers, 3-Prong, Polarized Plugs,  White
Woods 041201 6-Outlet Side Entry Wall Adapter with Sliding Saftey Covers, 3-Prong, Polarized Plugs, White
Price: $5.99
10 used & new from $4.77

5.0 out of 5 stars It is a great wall hugger., September 8, 2013
This adapter is great for putting behind furniture so that the furniture can be moved right up against the adapter without crimping the plugs.

It works.

Ironclad HW6X-04-L Heatworx Extreme Heavy Duty Gloves, Large
Ironclad HW6X-04-L Heatworx Extreme Heavy Duty Gloves, Large
Price: $46.20
3 used & new from $44.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Great oven protection. Makes a great gift., September 8, 2013
I bought my wife and myself each a pair of these gloves to use in the kitchen.

We have an oven that is inconveniently located for baking and cooking. I don't want to risk a burn while bending over to remove pans from the oven, either from the hot pan itself or from brushing against the hot metal grates or sides of the oven or the oven door.

These gloves block ALL the heat from a pan for those few seconds while removing the pan from the oven and placing it on a counter, or while moving the hot pan from counter to counter. (I say a "few seconds" because I don't know how long we could hold the pan without feeling the heat work through the gloves. But in our normal everyday use we have NEVER felt any heat starting to work through.)

I searched everywhere and did not find ANY glove rated above 600 degrees, even among specialty welders' suppliers. These are the highest temp rated gloves out there.

The gloves are also great for carrying hot dishes or plates of food to the table, and they make a great conversation starters.

We bought two magnetic clips to hang both pair of gloves on the side of the refrigerator so they are always within each reach of the stove.

These gloves can be a great, albeit unusual, gift for someone you care about who is a klutz.

One caveat: the gloves fit small. Buy a larger size than you think you need.

Folding Shopping Cart - Versacart Utility Cart - Transport Up to 120 Pounds (Water-Resistant Heavy Duty Canvas)
Offered by ToysNGamesEtc
Price: $49.95
5 used & new from $44.95

5.0 out of 5 stars It is great for a heavy load of groceries, August 4, 2013
We love this cart.

We are on our second cart. The first one lasted about 10 years before a vital part broke. We kept the lining in case our new one tears someday. The old lining shows no signs of wear.

We live in an elevator apartment with outside parking. Using this cart is a pleasure. It makes it easy to tote our large weekly grocery purchases up the elevator and down the catwalk to our apartment.

We had tried other cheaper carts before finding our first Versacart. Cheap prices led to poor results.

This cart makes a great gift for anyone who has trouble carrying stuff or who wants to make that task easier. Besides carrying groceries we use it when we stock up on wine purchases and water bottles during hurricane season.

The cart was a snap to assemble. The only assembly required was to slip on the wheels. They went on without any trouble and locked in place.

This cart truly makes life easier. Highly recommended

US Wire 65025 12/3 25-Foot SJTW Orange Heavy Duty Extension Cord
US Wire 65025 12/3 25-Foot SJTW Orange Heavy Duty Extension Cord
Price: $30.26
3 used & new from $25.00

4.0 out of 5 stars It runs electricity from one place to another, and it is orange., August 4, 2013
Not much else to say, except that the cable is not rigid as some have said. It stays put. I bought it from Amazon for the convenience and the price.

Magid ROC10TM ROC Nitrile Coated Palm Glove, Men's Medium
Magid ROC10TM ROC Nitrile Coated Palm Glove, Men's Medium
Offered by Wayfair
Price: $3.64
6 used & new from $3.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Great driving gloves - useful for arthritis sufferers, July 17, 2013
I use these gloves for driving.

I drive long distances and get tired of gripping the steering wheel. The gripping action of these gloves let me rest my hands on the steering wheel and have complete control. No need to grip the wheel, even lightly. Much easier on the hands and arms. The breathable fabric prevents my hands from getting hot.

Also, these gloves would make a great, albeit unusual, gift for anyone who has difficulty maintaining a grip, such as a person with arthritis or similar affliction.

I also love these gloves for picking up large hard-to-grip items such as large cardboard boxes.

I keep one pair in the car and a second pair in the house. The car gloves lasted about 18 months before the fingers starting wearing out. Long enough to be well worth the small cost. I have just now purchased my first replacement pair.

Finally it is unusual to see a product with virtually all 5 stars. I was suspicious at first. But my experience is that the product really IS that good.

I highly recommend this product.

Pro-Ject Head Box S Audiophile Headphone Amplifier in Silver
Pro-Ject Head Box S Audiophile Headphone Amplifier in Silver
Offered by ListenUp
Price: $159.00

5.0 out of 5 stars It works perfectly, June 25, 2013
I needed to run a audio wire from my TV 50+ feet to a headphone. I have an older TV with a non-digital audio out.

I used this device to power the headphone at the end of the long run. My headphone easily connected to the amplifier. The volume is controlled by the knob.

Not much else to say. It works great. And it looks cool too.

I highly recommend this amp for this situation.

Refresh Optive Advanced Lubricant Eye Drops -- 0.33 fl oz
Refresh Optive Advanced Lubricant Eye Drops -- 0.33 fl oz
Offered by TheOnlineDrugstore
Price: $11.76
16 used & new from $8.50

1.0 out of 5 stars It burned my eyes, June 22, 2013
Other users love these eye drops. But unfortunately for me, they burned my eyes. Twice.

My eye doctor gave me a sample to try for my dry eyes. As soon as I put the drops into my eyes both eyes started burning, a lot. So much so that I flooded the eyes with water to reduce the burning and prevent any possible eye damage.

I then returned to my regular eye drops with no adverse reaction.

After two days I gave the Refresh another shot. Same burning sensation. Same flooding the eyes with water.

A close inspection of the product's box revealed that one of the inactive ingredients is boric acid and that it "may also contain hydrochloric acid."

I emailed the manufacturer on June 10th to ask about the hydrochloric acid and they emailed me back that my "question on ingredients has been forwarded to our medical information department." As of today the medical information department has not yet replied. If they ever do reply I will post an update to this review.

I am fairly confident that my burning eyes had nothing to do with hydrochloric acid, but I was, and still am, surprised to see that as one of the ingredients that the product "may also contain."

I am disappointed that the product failed to work for me. I realize that I am in the minority of reviewers here. I am happy for all those for whom it works.

My eye doctor said that I obviously had a reaction to something in the drops and that I should switch to another product. I switched.
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 13, 2014 7:02 AM PDT

Acer H274HL BMID 27-Inch LED Widescreen LCD Display - Black
Acer H274HL BMID 27-Inch LED Widescreen LCD Display - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars it worked for five months, June 21, 2013
I loved this monitor when it was new.

But after only six months the screen became dim and could not be brightened. I shipped it to Customer Service at my own expense (about $40+) and they "replaced the main board". I was without the monitor for two weeks.

Now after working well for five months the screen is dim again.

My extended warranty runs to July 2015 so repairs are still covered, but the cost of repeatedly shipping the monitor for repairs every six months will soon eat up any savings.

I am sorry now that I bought this thing and the extended warranty with out-of-state repairs.

Lesson learned: Buy a monitor that allows for a local drop-off for any needed repairs.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11