Profile for Adrienne Percival > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Adrienne Percival RSS Feed

The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It
by Michael E. Gerber
Price: $11.30
666 used & new from $0.21

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bible for Small Business Owners, January 28, 2010
If you own your own business, get this book. If you are your business, get this book. If you are thinking that one day you'd like to be your own boss, get this book. And then don't just have it, READ IT. I tell every business owner I meet, this is the one book you absolutely must read. If you don't like to read, get the CD version and listen to it, but for pete's sake get this info into your head! But it is the best thing I've ever read to just turn the lights on and allow a business owner to see how running a business works. The idea of If I Build It, They Will Come is total hooey. Too many business owners pour their heart and soul into the best shop, best service, best logo, and wonder where the customers are. This book shows how you have to be working on the business and in the business, finding the work and then doing the work. Reading this book saves you thousands of dollars in bad advertising mistakes and thousands of hours of frustrations. Buy it now; read it immediately; thank me later.

A Precious Jewel
A Precious Jewel
by Mary Balogh
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $5.99
277 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Precious Waste of Time, January 28, 2010
I grabbed this book because I've loved so many other books by Mary Balogh. This one though was a disappointing slog. The out-of-touch hero annoyed the crap out of me, and the passive courtesan was depressing. Generally I like Regency romances that are set in different circumstances (once you've read about Almack's 85 times do we really have to go again?), but these characters just left me cold.

Instant Sales (Instant Success Series)
Instant Sales (Instant Success Series)
by Bradley J. Sugars
Price: $16.04
93 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Unfortunate, January 28, 2010
I happen to be a fan of Instant Cash Flow so I had reasonably high expectations for this book. It is simply unfortunate. A poorly written rehash of the same ideas from Cash Flow, and then repeated over and over. Avoid this one and get Instant Cash Flow instead.

Twitter Power: How to Dominate Your Market One Tweet at a Time
Twitter Power: How to Dominate Your Market One Tweet at a Time
by Joel Comm
206 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for small business owners, October 4, 2009
I was delighted with this book. After attending half a dozen breakout sessions or networking meetings on social networking, I couldn't figure out how Twitter would be useful for a small local business.

This book is easy to read and full of practical examples. I was especially grateful for the later chapters on other applications that work with Twitter and the 30 days to implement Twitter.

After all the hype and hysteria I was really happy to read this useful, practical, targeted book. I'm looking forward to reading other books by this author. Will recommend to any of my clients, friends and anyone else.