Profile for M. Cary > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Cary "Reading Mom" RSS Feed (New England)

Never Let Me Go (Movie Tie-In Edition) (Vintage International)
Never Let Me Go (Movie Tie-In Edition) (Vintage International)
by Kazuo Ishiguro
120 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing Story, September 23, 2011
There is much to like about this book. The story is fascinating, but somehow there is not enough context. The reader is left wondering how the world evolved this way: what happened to traditional society? What year is it? Who or what is running the country? What happened to morality? Despite all these questions, I enjoyed reading this. The characters are compelling and the imagination of the author admirable.

5.0 out of 5 stars I just love these earrings!!, April 1, 2009
Substantial silver but not heavy at all...these are the perfect size for me and I get many compliments on them. My teenage daughter wants to borrow them, but to be safe I will buy her her own pair! These are so nice to wear for those of us who want to wear something "spiritual" but not religious...

Boutique 9 Women's Ace Wedge,Grey Patent,9 M
Boutique 9 Women's Ace Wedge,Grey Patent,9 M

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable and comfortable shoe, September 23, 2008
Very cute and stylish shoe in a cool, dark gray metallic. Just the right height for me (I'm 5'7" and don't want to be too tall). This shoe runs a bit large so I had to put a gel insert into the toe area to tighten the fit. It looks great as a casual shoe or a more dressy one with pants or skirts.

The Art of Racing in the Rain LP
The Art of Racing in the Rain LP
by Garth Stein
Price: $19.41
100 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful story. I don't look at my dog the same way..., September 2, 2008
A truly wonderful story, written in the most intriguing way. I never cared for car racing, but I found the descriptions compelling and may reread some to better understand them. The canine narrator, Enzo, is more likeable than many humans and far more compassionate than most. He also might be one of the funniest dogs around...

The Tenderness of Wolves: A Novel
The Tenderness of Wolves: A Novel
by Stef Penney
168 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully written, compelling story, August 1, 2008
Despite what some of the other reviews said about having difficulty following the characters (this is true to an extent), the quality of the writing is such that I could overlook that flaw. The reader might be slightly confused as to who is narrating and which character is which, but the author's use of language (have a dictionary on hand!) and vivid descriptions are truly remarkable. This is a wonderful,if flawed, book.

Sterling Silver Celtic Knot Charm, 7/8 inch
Sterling Silver Celtic Knot Charm, 7/8 inch
Offered by Sabrina Silver
Price: $28.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, solid pendant, December 30, 2007
I love this pendant and its unique shape. The silver is very substantial and has a wonderful patina.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best most comfortable slipper/shoe, December 30, 2007
There are less expensive versions of these slippers/shoes, but none other than the original Uggs are as comfortable and well made. I perfer this color because they don't show marks and stains. Splurge on these and you won't be sorry.

2.0 out of 5 stars Plastic, not elastic!, May 12, 2007
This shoe looked really cute in the photo, but in real life it's very cheap and not well made.