Profile for Shi-Hsia Hwa > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 110

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Shi-Hsia Hwa RSS Feed (Denver, CO, USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire)
A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire)
by George R. R. Martin
Price: $22.71
354 used & new from $0.97

3.0 out of 5 stars Big disappointment after the preceding novels and very draggy., July 10, 2015
Big disappointment after the preceding novels and very draggy.

Noodler's Ink Fountain Pen Bottled Ink, 3oz, X-Feather Black
Noodler's Ink Fountain Pen Bottled Ink, 3oz, X-Feather Black
Offered by Passion4Pens. Inc.
Price: $14.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good but dries slowly, July 10, 2015
It's very good in terms of being bulletproof, nice dense black etc. However, note that it dries rather slowly. As a friend of mine pointed out, this is an inevitable effect of the "no feather" property - if you don't want an ink to bleed it must be quite viscous, therefore it will dry slower. No fault of the ink makers, it's just a bit annoying and I wish I had bought the regular black bulletproof instead. I don't do calligraphy, I use it in 100% utilitarian settings primarily my lab notebook, and end up with smudges from turning the page too fast.

I have actually tested this with several chemicals as I work in a lab, it wasn't bleached by 1 M HCl, 1 M NaOH and wasn't dissolved by straight acetone or DMSO. The bulletproof part is true.

Cold Steel Chef's Knife 59KCZ
Cold Steel Chef's Knife 59KCZ
Offered by EarthFair
Price: $22.49
36 used & new from $18.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, January 30, 2015
This review is from: Cold Steel Chef's Knife 59KCZ
Very good and cheap kitchen knife. Holds an edge very well. If you like cooking but don't have a lot of money spend it on this.

Ajax Scientific Polished Glass Double-Convex (Bi-Convex) Lens, Spherical, 38 mm Diameter, 50 mm Focal Length
Price: $8.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Google Cardboard, January 30, 2015
Bought these to make a Google Cardboard. Seems to work fine.

NAIL TEK Intensive Therapy II - 2 x 0.5oz Bottles
NAIL TEK Intensive Therapy II - 2 x 0.5oz Bottles
Offered by FIVE Stars
Price: $10.40
10 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars going to get some by American Husband Courier Service, December 28, 2014
I REALLY NEED this stuff and I have no idea where to find it while I'm studying in South Africa. I've been a terrible nail-biter since childhood plus have a job where my hands are marinating in gloves most of the day and have to wash hands a lot....this is the only thing that makes my nails hard enough to grow out. I discovered it by accident at some random market stall in Singapore and later found it at Sally Beauty Supply in the USA.

Judge (The Wess'har Wars)
Judge (The Wess'har Wars)
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the rest of the series, December 28, 2014
Not as good as the rest of the series. Tying up loose ends in a relatively predictable way. Don't get me wrong, the series as a whole is excellent and if you've read this far you certainly should finish it, but this novel per se is meh.

London Via Banana: Personal Tales of Humanitarian Aid, Intravenous Empathy and Really Tiny Islands (Aid Anthologies Book 1)
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars ... in or give me a sense of what it's like to be an aid worker other than the already ..., December 28, 2014
Moderately entertaining but didn't really draw me in or give me a sense of what it's like to be an aid worker other than the already usual stereotypes.

Nail Magic
Nail Magic
Offered by cosmeticbeautyplace
Price: $14.99
4 used & new from $8.53

2.0 out of 5 stars Made my nails chip, December 28, 2014
This review is from: Nail Magic (Misc.)
This is one of the worse nail hardeners I've tried. It did make my nails superficially hard but despite using it according to the boxed instructions, they were not noticeably harder without the stuff on after a few weeks. Worse, it made them brittle and chip easily around the edges.

I would strongly recommend Nail Tek II over this or any of the Sally Hansen stuff.

How Your Body Works (Children's World)
How Your Body Works (Children's World)
by C.J. RAWSON' 'JUDY HINDLEY
45 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ever intro to human physiology, August 15, 2014
This is a fantastic introduction to human physiology. I had this 1980s edition growing up but I believe it has been reprinted and rightfully so. Instead of a bunch of Grey's Anatomy diagrams which would be meaningless to little kids, the authors/artists show the PROCESSES in the body in clever cartoons, such as the digestive system being like a chemical factory and the brain being an office with different departments telephoning each other.. Sex is illustrated in an abstract way with cart-like robots on wheels docking.

If you have kids, GET THIS!
If you don't have kids but you're interested in clever ways of graphically explaining complex processes, GET THIS!

Kelsi Dagger Women's Wonder Boot,Black,7.5 M US
Kelsi Dagger Women's Wonder Boot,Black,7.5 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars Cuff IS actually big enough for a human being, August 14, 2014
(I just got these and tried them on, haven't actually taken them out yet, so this review is subject to change in future.)

At the time of writing it looks like no one else has reviewed these yet. I suspect people have been shying away from them because the description says boot opening is 12" around. While I am fairly slim I am a bicycle commuter so I definitely don't have toothpick legs and my calves measure about 13.5" around. I took a gamble on these anyway and the circumference is fine. I can fit both skinny jeans and slightly flared jeans over socks, into the shaft.

Overall quite comfortable and fit well - I got the 7.5 and I have duck feet so it's important that the toe box is nice and wide.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11