Profile for CaptainMD > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

CaptainMD RSS Feed

BRS Physiology (Board Review Series)
BRS Physiology (Board Review Series)
by Linda S. Costanzo PhD
Price: $44.53
69 used & new from $9.60

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 years post med school and I still refer back to this bona fide masterpiece., April 3, 2011
For those of you that have used and read this book, which irrefutably is a necessity in anyone's bag of weapons regarding Step 1, it's fairly easy to attest and conclude that this book is hands down the most well written BRS ever written. It's as if Dr. Costanzo is right there, tutoring you, every step of the way. Very few books are written in a such a matter. Bottom line, I'd endorse this book over a 10 banger R8 any day. And I'm sorry to say, but if you don't take advantage of the priceless information this book contains, nothing personal, but you're an idiot. And I say that not out of arrogance, quite the opposite, rather due to immeasurable gratitude I have for Dr. C. I was fortunate to not only have and use this resource, but at the school I attended we had a board review course, as most schools do, however the professor of that class was the highly respected, world renown Dr. C herself. Yeah, that's a true definition of honor. In fact she was one of the main reasons why I ended up going to that school (relax I only had two to choose from). Dr C. will always remain the internationally recognized Queen of physiology. Believe me, purchasing this book to be added to your list of usmle resources is probably the easiest decision u could ever make. And should you be in a position where u can't afford it, add a follow up comment with your email and I'll get in touch. I have three copies i believe and would be happy to help out. Step 1 is nearly 50% physiology, and this combined with first aid and qbank I guarantee is the only recipe to annihilate that section and show it who's daddy. Gluck!
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 7, 2013 10:26 PM PDT