Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for Ben C > Reviews

Browse

Ben C's Profile

Customer Reviews: 47

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ben C "Primus" RSS Feed (Brooklyn, NY)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Spiced Sandalwood Scent - #1 RATED Leven Rose Beard Oil and Leave-in Conditioner - Best Scented Beard Oil 100% Organic Natural for Groomed Beard Growth, Mustache, Skin for Men - 1 oz - Premium Oils
Offered by Leven Rose
Price: $31.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Old Spice for Your Beard!, October 7, 2015
I've tried their unscented oil before and was a big fan. It left my beard feeling soft and nice smelling. However by the end I was kind of wishing for a bit more character in my beard oil. This is it! Same great oil but a pleasing spiced wood scent. The unscented had a slight aroma from it's ingredients which was nice but I'm really enjoying the more pronounced scent from this option. Highly recommend if you want a nice smelling oil for your beard. The smell isn't too strong or too weak, just right. I've always been an Old Spice man and this complements my fragrance preferences nicely.

I received this product at a discount for my honest and unbiased review.

RioRand 4 Mode 1200 Lumen CREE XML T6 Bulb LED Bicycle bike HeadLight Lamp Flashlight Light Headlamp
Offered by AlwaysDeals4You
Price: $19.09
3 used & new from $14.13

1.0 out of 5 stars Cross Your Fingers It Holds Up, September 14, 2015
While this light was super bright, which was fantastic for the city, it just didn't hold up. The charger and or battery broke after only a couple weeks of use and all the connectors are proprietary, unable to be replaced. I contacted user support and while they promised to send some replacement parts they never came. Add to that the thing had to ship from China which took a good month or so and I definitely cannot recommend this imminent paperweight.

Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition [Online Game Code]
Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition [Online Game Code]
Price: $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not My Type of Challenge, September 14, 2015
This game is hard as nails. While that's it's main appeal to most players, I have too little time and too many games to play. I cannot stand getting killed over and over for silly reasons. Worst of all, the game doesn't really give you the chance to improve your skills and overcome it's challenges since your gear deteriorates over time and this carries over life to life. So while you might finally figure out that bosses attack cycle it won't matter since your sword might shatter next time you hit him. Moreover the game punishes you hard for choosing the wrong skill options, even though you have no idea whats going on when you first start it up. It's an unforgiving game and while that might be fun for some, I prefer a game I can have fun with, not fight against.

Magic: The Gathering Arena of the Planeswalkers Game
Magic: The Gathering Arena of the Planeswalkers Game
Price: $19.98
66 used & new from $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Big Value in a Small Box (Waiting for Variety), September 14, 2015
This game is amazingly solid. The rules are easy to teach compared to most minis games but still immensely satisfying. And you get a taste of each of the five colors of magic with the five planeswalkers included in this base set. Sadly each only comes with two squads which you'll use every game but there is still a nice amount of variety there, especially considering the rock bottom price of this starter set. That said, the game will benefit greatly once some expansions are released. Sadly none are planned till early 2016.

What I like most is how well each match captures the feel of a traditional card-based game of Magic, down to the different play styles of each mana color. Red is all about burst and direct damage while black can easily wipe out entire squads while sacrificing units for short term gain. I haven't played a game yet where one color felt underpowered though there is definitely a timing rock-paper-scissors going on here. At least in this beginning set some colors are strong early, mid, or late game and will most likely lose if they don't take advantage of their respective timings. This might be a bit frustrating to beginners when they realize their opportunity for victory has mostly evaporated (for instance black is immensely powerful late game due to the planeswalker's ability to "snuff out" any damaged unit and endless respawn her chump zombies, if you don't weaken her early your chances are slim).

My only real gripe with the game is the serious lack of terrain hexes that come in the box. You only get four: two three hex tiles and two single hexes. This makes each game more into a king of the hill, since height confers a considerable fighting advantage (an extra die!). Thankfully Heroscape terrain is supposedly compatible and you can find it fairly cheap on eBay.

All in all this game is solid but if you're at all skeptical I'd wait to see if and what is released to expand the unity and spell variety. Then again there's a fair bit of enjoyment in this box, especially with four players at the table. Add to that you have at least five rounds before you have to repeat playing a color plus multiple game types and you're getting a fair bit of value for only $30. Probably an easy buy for Magic and minis fans.

TP-LINK AV500 Nano Powerline Adapter Starter Kit, up to 500Mbps (TL-PA4010KIT)
TP-LINK AV500 Nano Powerline Adapter Starter Kit, up to 500Mbps (TL-PA4010KIT)
Price: Click here to see our price
140 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Got this setup and after some initial tweaking I've been having great high speed connection that's much more stable than my ..., August 18, 2015
Had very weak wi-fi reception in my room. As a PC gamer wishing to play online games and stream this was not acceptable. Got this setup and after some initial tweaking I've been having great high speed connection that's much more stable than my wireless ever was. Best of all my upload speed has greatly increased.

Beware, the performance of this adapter will depend heavily on the wiring in your home! The wiring in my apartment's a bit funny so when I first plugged this into my far wall I was getting terrible speeds, like dialup level or worse. However just when all hope was lost I moved it to the socket on another wall and BAM high speed internet away. Moral of the story: try different outlets before giving up on it.

BEST Leven Rose Beard Balm - 100% Natural Leave In Conditioner with Natural Oils for Moustache Grooming and Beard Growing for Men - Fragrance Free Best Beard Oil Balm Unscented - 2 Oz - Vegan Friendly
Offered by Leven Rose
Price: $23.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Great balm for conditioning and shaping your beard, August 18, 2015
Great balm for conditioning and shaping your beard. I'd only used beard oils previous and this really helped give my beard a much fluffier feel, adding volume, while also giving you the ability to shape it a bit. I definitely feel like it allows me to organize my beard better than a simple oil. All that while still moisturizing and protecting like an oil. I also find this a lot easier to travel with since it's not a liquid and the container is a nice travel size. Lastly I find it does seem to stay in my beard and distribute a lot better than oils, perhaps due to it's more viscous wax-based nature.

It is fragrance free which means you're left with a slight waxy smell, I suppose from the beeswax or shea. Not a bad smell but something to be aware of, though it is very subtle. Also be sure to melt any clumps between your fingertips between application. The first few times I used it, and failed to do this, I'd find oil clumps stuck in my beard which was not pleasant. A good brushing after application also definitely helps on this front as well.

Would definitely buy again, perhaps with a nice woodsy fragrance this time.

Natural Man Bay Lime Beard Oil 4 Ounce - All Natural Beard Conditioner By Botanical Skinworks
Offered by TopGoods
Price: $12.95
4 used & new from $12.95

3.0 out of 5 stars The odor isn't too nice, a zesty lime tang, August 18, 2015
Your mainly paying for quantity here. The odor isn't too nice, a zesty lime tang, but it quickly evaporates after application. Besides that it's quite nice for conditioning your beard and keeping your skin moisturized. I do miss the faint woodsy scent the other oil I tried had long after application (probably due to the different base oils used).
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 21, 2015 3:24 PM PDT

Mens Hair Brush | Natural Soft Boar Bristles | Perfect For Beard Balms and Oils | Untangles and Softens Itchy Beards | Hand Finished Wood Military Style Handle
Offered by Black Boar Original
Price: $19.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great firm brush with, August 18, 2015
Great firm brush with, from what I can tell, 100% real boar hair. Great for my curly beard and hair. Helps get the kinks out without making my hair (head and chin a like) into a fluffy mess. Perfect for spreading your beard oil/balm/conditioner of choice nice and even. I especially like the slight curve in the bristles, really helps conform to the shape of your face.

Kwik-Tek AHBV-2 Boston Valve
Kwik-Tek AHBV-2 Boston Valve
Price: $5.99
65 used & new from $3.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits Rapid Runner Inner-tube, July 8, 2015
Needed a replacement valve for my Rapid Running generic store bought river inner-tube and this fit perfectly. Doesn't match the yellow and block styling of the tube but I'm glad to have a cheap replacement valve rather than buy a whole new tube since I lost the original detachable valve.

JugLug - Handle for Hydro Flask Type Bottles (Red) 2-Pack
JugLug - Handle for Hydro Flask Type Bottles (Red) 2-Pack
Offered by JugLug, LLC
Price: $8.99
3 used & new from $8.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Allows me to easily carry my bottle, May 4, 2015
Convenient now that I have the sip lid. Allows me to easily carry my bottle.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5