Profile for Kevin Weisner > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 31

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kevin Weisner RSS Feed (Arizona)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Avery Removable Labels, Rectangular, 0.5 x 0.75 Inches, White, Pack of 525 (6737)
Price: $9.17
7 used & new from $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Size for Marking Cigars!, October 15, 2012
I bought these so I could mark my cigars (when I purchased and price paid) and these are great; I just slap them on the cellophane wrapper and place them in my humidor. I do this so that I can smoke cigars after proper aging which can be anywhere from a few weeks to a few years depending and it's cumbersome trying to organize a humidor to accomplish this alone. Also, I have used a few to mark variations in humidity on two of my digital hydrometers (I could not get them to calibrate for some reason so instead of chucking them I just marked the +/- deviation and annotate this anytime I check the temp/RH levels).

Overall, great, small, cheap; everything I wanted!

Madden NFL 13 - Xbox 360
Madden NFL 13 - Xbox 360
Offered by Hitgaming Video Games
Price: $17.80
264 used & new from $2.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Sure What All The Anger Is About; If You Like The Demo, You'll Like The Game Basically!, August 29, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Ok, I'll admit that my experience with Madden up this point has been a purely social affair; 2008 Madden was the catalyst for the the greatest drinking game known to man being created by me and my friends (chugging a beer after a kick or punt return for a TD? You bet!). Then there was the roster update with 2009 that was meh (I remember that one distinctly though because Wal-Mart was giving the updated cover inserts with the game because Brett Favre was on the Jets when the game came out, but the original print was him in the Packers uniform...classic!). Next was Madden 2011 (which I never owned, but my friend did) and it was mostly business as usual.

However, that was all multiplayer and social experienced Madden. I never went beyond that because I usually never had the time or desire to (I did used to LOVE the training sessions where you could do the 40 yard dash and bench press and stuff...that's about it though).

My point is, I get where everyone is coming from. Some people want "A" and some people want "B" and you're just never going to get both most times. But, I played the demo after not sniffing a Madden game for almost 2 years and I felt encouraged to purchase...which I did of course. And you know what? I've enjoyed two fun (yet frustrating...just on All-Pro still, but working out kinks) games so far and I feel like there are many more experiences like that to come. Will I like Connected Careers? I don't know. Will the game become stale? Maybe. Will there be glitches and things that I freak out about not being able to do or customize? Probably. But again, the core of this franchise is football and for what it is worth, I enjoy controlling Cam Newton with the seconds ticking down in the 4th quarter and trying to score a TD to win the (simulated) game, and that's enough for me; that's worth my $60 (minus $15 Amazon credit that I will use towards the Black Ops II pre-order).

Maybe I'm an optimist or I just try to find the good in things or give something a fair shake, but to come here because one or two pieces of a game have changed or been removed and rate 1 star doesn't seem legit to me (and I'm the first one to knock a star or two off of a review if it is legitimately lacking for whatever reason). Would you buy a car because you bought the same model 5 years ago and then get pissed when you realize they removed the CD player? Probably not...you would have researched and known this happened and then test driven the car and then made a decision after that instead of going online and bashing the car's lack of CD player (bad analogy...I know). :-)

So, let's all take these reviews with a grain of salt and if you are on the fence, try out the demo or rent the game first and then see if this game is right for you. Just my $.02. And after re-reading my "review", it's apparent how many great memories this game has brought me so that in and of itself is enough of a reason for me to scratch the Madden itch again and take the good with the bad.
Comment Comments (37) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 5, 2012 1:18 PM PDT

Red Line (60103) Complete SI-1 Fuel System Cleaner - 15 Ounce
Red Line (60103) Complete SI-1 Fuel System Cleaner - 15 Ounce
Price: $11.95
11 used & new from $9.74

5.0 out of 5 stars I Had a Problem; After Using This, The Problem Is Gone!, August 27, 2012
Now, let me say that say that I am by no means mechanically savvy (the highest degree of mechanical work I have ever done is replace spark plugs and fix a cruise control hose that was cracked; other than that, it's just oil and air filter changes for me). However, I know terminology and like to think I know diagnostics (re-enforced by Google and YouTube...of course). So, I was having a problem with my car not turning over and cranking. After a while, it would (usually on the 2nd or 3rd try). After reading ad nauseum, I determined that there could be three things wrong: a loose coil in the steering mount (where the key goes), a bad starter (yikes!), or something random in the engine (I live in AZ and this was occurring during the monsoon...aka SUPER RAINY...season).

Anywho, I was getting tired of doing my voodoo car start routine (usually a quick jostle of the shifter, then I would turn over the key, then twist the steering wheel right and left), so I thought I would give this a whirl. And, initially...nothing. However, after one week, everything seems great (knock on wood...you have to know I am superstitious by now). :-) Realistically, this could all be a placebo effect and the simple fact that the monsoon season is over might have something to do with it. But I'm thinking this bottle of awesome had a slight little something to do with this. Am I getting better gas mileage? Barely...if any. Do I have increased horsepower? My struggling SUV is a beast as usual, but I wouldn't say I would fare any better in a drag race.

All in all, I bought this to see if I could remedy a totally fluke problem that some mechanic would probably charge me hundreds or thousands of dollars to fix. And in the end, I don't have that problem anymore. SO, if you are like me, maybe some good karma, a sturdy prayer or two, and some Red Line 60103 SI-1 Fuel System Cleaner - 15 oz. might be able to cure what ails you. :-) Good luck and be safe out there!

Mint Microfiber Mopping Cloths 3 Pack
Mint Microfiber Mopping Cloths 3 Pack
Offered by GoVacuum
Price: $19.26
3 used & new from $12.50

5.0 out of 5 stars If You Mop With the Mint, Then You'll Need Extra Mopping Cloths!, August 14, 2012
These are great for mopping with my Evolution Robotics Mint Plus Automatic Hard Floor Cleaner, 5200 as they seem to hold the solution from the Pro Clean Reservoir Pad much better than anything else I tried & I think they make the most of the Mint's scrubbing prowess (wet Swiffer mop pads are too thin and generally don't last that long or work well and I tried hand towels but they can easy slip off the the velcro on the pad and get stuck in the wheel section).

I do worry about the longevity of these pads as I have already washed the two that came with my Mint several times and I can see these might not last more than a year or two (just a guess...they could last several years for all I know) & I think the sweet spot for a three pack would be $10, but for a few dollars more and for the convenience of knowing that these were made for the Mint and that they work great I think these are about as good a buy as you can make if you plan on mopping with your Mint more than once a week (I try about 3-4 times a week).

The Going to Bed Book - Boynton
The Going to Bed Book - Boynton
Offered by Appstore - US - MP - Offer
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Interactive & Fun Book; Not For Reading, More For Interacting!, August 9, 2012
I have to say that my kids loved this book. It's not something that you would put on your summer reading list or anything because it is a very simple story. However, this is the most interactive book I have purchased to date. Some books allow you to click on the screen and a word of what you click on appears. Pretty cool. Yet, I have read this book through several times and the first 4 or 5 times I kept discovering things that I missed the previous times (like how you can repeatedly press the bottom drawer on one page and suddenly all the clothes bust out and bounce around the screen).

My kids are 4 and 7, boy and girl respectively, and obviously the younger one really enjoys this more, but I would say a good range for this book is infant to 6-7 years old probably. Great for bedtime as well...as the book title suggests.

Brave - Xbox 360
Brave - Xbox 360
Price: $19.58
28 used & new from $13.78

4.0 out of 5 stars If Your Kids Like Any of the Lego Games, They'll Like This Too!, August 9, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Brave - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
What can I say? You run around and hack at stuff with a sword and shoot your bow (the right stick bow action is pretty slick I have to admit, although it can be tricky sometimes) & collect coins to buy stuff and jump on platforms and sidescroll through the game while occasionally doing some puzzles and fighting a main bad guy here and there. In short, Merida may as well be a Lego figurine because that's basically what this is. And I can play with my kids because for some reason I LOVE collecting as many coins as I can; I do the same thing on the Lego games too. QUICK SIDE NOTE: I would really help out to watch the movie before playing this game because event though they do walk you through the story, it's hard to follow unless you know what happened in the movie.

I gave it 4 stars simply for the fact that it is a pretty short game with slight replay value without multiplayer (you can go back and try to collect all the stuff in freeplay, but that rarely happens with my kids and I only want to play when they are playing so you are buying a game for a start to finish experience once through only essentially).

Also, and I really didn't take any stars away for this, but I ordered the game for half off on a deal of the day special and it took over two weeks before it shipped! I don't know if this was a fluke, but I have seen when Amazon runs out of the daily deal, they simply run out. However, it seems that they continued orders that they knew they couldn't fulfill immediately. Not a big deal for just a video game I suppose and this is the first time I have experienced this, but I just hope this doesn't become a new trend because I love my Prime shipping and near instant gratification. :-)

UPDATE: 8/14/12

Ok, I just want to make it clear that this is solely a SINGLE PLAYER game, but there are times when an adult will be needed to solve a puzzle or defeat a series of enemies or make a difficult jump (even on the easy setting; I often ramp up the difficulty when I am given the controller in certain sections to make it more difficult and, thus, a little more satisfying and you can adjust the difficulty in game and on the fly as necessary which is great in my opinion).

Just wanted to clear up any confusion with my review (since I compared it to the Lego games, but those are CO-OP TWO PLAYER games and this is only SINGLE PLAYER if that matters to you. Still a fun and great game though. :-)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 15, 2012 7:27 PM PST

Mint Plus 5200 Turbo Charge Cradle
Mint Plus 5200 Turbo Charge Cradle
Price: $54.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient And Worth The Money If You Use Your Mint Daily!, August 9, 2012
Using the Mint Plus Turbo Charging Cradle is so much nicer than using the power plug in the base of the Mint. Not only does it charge faster, but I don't have to worry about getting the cord, finding the adapter plug, locating the hole on the base of the Mint to stick it in, and then setting it down after; I just plop the Mint on and off as needed. Also, things look much less cluttered with the cradle as opposed to the adapter cord just rolled up or hanging from the power outlet and the Mint on the base looks, dare I say, semi-classy (I actually have mine out in plain view whereas without the cradle I just had the Mint tucked away in the laundry room).

As for the price, I would usually lament about how I would like to pay less but honestly, the fact that I had difficulty finding the charging cradle to even purchase sort of makes this a moot point (ended up buying what appeared to be the only remaining one from the Amazon Warehouse and it was a refurb, but compare that to the only other place I saw it for sale...the Mint website for $70...and at almost half that price I feel like I will get my moneys worth).

In the end, I dry clean with my Mint daily and I try and mop at least 3 times a week. On those sweep and mop combo days, the cradle allows me to do both for my whole 800 sq ft 1st floor thanks to this cradle (I just sweep which takes about 1 1/2 hours, then charge for an hour which seems to charge the Mint back up to 100% and then mop which takes about 2 1/2 hours with a quick refill of the pro-clean pad in between to keep things nice and moist). For this reason and the sheer convenience and the fact that the Mint looks pretty nice with the cradle, I am quite satisfied with my purchase.

Egg Cuber Square Egg Press
Egg Cuber Square Egg Press
Offered by BIGFLYSPORTS
Price: $5.61
5 used & new from $4.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Does What It Says...Top Can Be A Tight Fit Sometimes Though!, August 7, 2012
This review is from: Egg Cuber Square Egg Press
Well, it takes eggs and makes them square: 5 stars all the way for that. However, I'm 6 ft, 230 lbs and in pretty good shape and I have to say that there were a few times I had trouble unscrewing the top that you use to make the eggs square and the rim of the top is a thin, sharp plastic so I got a few nicks in the process as well. But, this is a total non-necessity so you take those knocks when you get something like this.

Other than that, the kids LOVED the square eggs and I can see this being fun for parties or maybe deviled eggs for Thanksgiving or whatever.

One quick note (and this is on the instructions...I was just too anxious to read them the first time), put this in the freezer for about an hour before you want to make square eggs. I do this and then when I press an egg in, I put it back in the freezer for 5 minutes and then repeat this process until all eggs are square. The cold on the hot egg just helps it keep the square shape better. Otherwise, they will start to round out a little so you'll have round sided squares.

Lexar High-Speed MicroSDHC 32GB Flash Memory Card with Reader LSDMI32GBSBNAR
Lexar High-Speed MicroSDHC 32GB Flash Memory Card with Reader LSDMI32GBSBNAR
Offered by RS Enterprises
Price: $26.95
12 used & new from $22.00

5.0 out of 5 stars One Year of Ownership...Gets the Job Done at the Right Price!, August 6, 2012
Ok, maybe I got lucky, but this card has worked great for me and the price just works too! I've had this over a year and have used it in two smartphones (Samsung Vibrant and Galaxy SII) as well as with my DSLR (Nikon 3100) and I've never had a mounting or corruption issue (knock on wood!).

It has 29.31 GB usable (according to my phone) and I have 5 GB left. I store movies, pictures, and all my phone app cache and data on this card and it's handled it all. I think I spent $40 a year ago so for anything less than that, you get a great deal.

Oh, and the usb dongle is pretty cool too; I use that with my Galaxy Tab 10.1 (stupid proprietary connector!) and that works well too!

Mint Automatic Hard Floor Cleaner, 4200
Mint Automatic Hard Floor Cleaner, 4200
Offered by Home E-ssentials
Price: $149.95
58 used & new from $80.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Mint-acular, Mint-errific, & Mint-mazing!, August 5, 2012
Ok, word play aside, the Evolution Robotics Mint Automatic Hard Floor Cleaner, 4200 is so cool and it works perfectly for all your hard floor cleaning needs. In fact, I have to run the Mint daily now because all the hair and dirt and grime it picks up will leave me feeling dirty if I didn't run it at least once a day (side note: it's weird how much my girlfriend and her two kids shed hair because I constantly find large amounts of their hair stuck in the sweeper pads after each cleaning cycle in addition to all the dog hair...LOL). It really is amazing how much stuff this little guy gets. Granted, the first few times you run it (unless you do an initial thorough manual cleaning...which I didn't do of course!) you are going to be left with lots of dust bunnies that couldn't be held by the sweeper pads. No biggie though because once you get into a routine (I set it to run before I go to bed every night), it's just maintenance at that point and works SO well.

As for my setup, I have a two story house and I use the mint only downstairs which has granite tile throughout the living room/kitchen that is connected by a 4 foot wide archway. I sit the navigation cube in the middle of the living room and kitchen and the Mint gets the WHOLE area in about an hour and half. That's roughly 800 square foot and all I do is put the dog crate and bed on the area rug in the middle of the living room floor and that's it (there are larger areas of pet hair in those areas so want to make sure that the Mint gets to run over that nice and good). :-)

However, I did return the Evolution Robotics Mint Automatic Hard Floor Cleaner, 4200 because a few weeks after I purchased it, the daily deal was for the Evolution Robotics Mint Plus Automatic Hard Floor Cleaner, 5200 and it is a slight upgrade in terms of slightly longer battery life and decreased charging time (I did just charge overnight, but it really took like 8 hours to full charge the Mint 4200 so no multiple cleans in a day I suppose if that matters to you). Also, the pro-clean mop pad for the Mint 5200 works SO much better if you want to mop and I did so that's why I made the switch. Would I regret not being able to return the 4200 and get the 5200 if I was outside my return window? Of course not...both Mints are perfect for what they do!

OH, one last thing! Purchase your sweeper pads from a cheap dollar store in your area (I go to the Dollar Tree and I get a pack of 20 for $1.00...that's a nickel for each pad!). They don't have the same groove, diamond pattern as the Swiffer pads and they are not as thick, but side-by-side they clean just as well and I feel better about cleaning each day when it's so cheap (might not clean so often when Swiffer pads cost about $.25-$.30 a pad and do the same thing basically). I usually stock up with a a hundred for $5.00 when I go and that'll last me for 3 months or so (it's just scary going to the Dollar Tree so I try and limit the amount of visits to there). LOL

Ok, go buy the Mint and try it and if you don't love it then simply return to Amazon which is always amazing and makes returns super simple! I'm sure you'll love it though.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4