Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Nightwatch > Reviews

Browse

Nightwatch's Profile

Customer Reviews: 42

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nightwatch RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
DroidRTTY for Ham Radio
DroidRTTY for Ham Radio
Price: $5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars All Wolphi Apps for Radio are worth it., October 7, 2015
This review is from: DroidRTTY for Ham Radio (App)
All of Wolphi's apps are rock on cool. The only one I don't use is the grader. But I have all of his radio apps, except the CW decoder, which I'll obtain once it shows up on Amazon. Its VERY HANDY to be able to just use your phone and hold it up to the speaker of some radio you are near and decode the traffic. PSK or RTTY or HFFAX etc..

Kaito T-1 Radio antenna
Kaito T-1 Radio antenna
Offered by Electronnix
Price: $9.95
5 used & new from $4.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick fixes to make reel antennas work better for you., June 9, 2015
Having used many of this kind of thing over the years, I'll tell you how to make life a bit easier, and reception a bit better.
First of all, being an old grumpy monitor / ham operator, I lose the fancy connections on the radio end of the game, and apply an alligator clip. Metal to metal is good in this case.

Before you seriously "deploy" this thing, dismantle it, and use some powdered lubricant. Silicone is best as graphite, although it works fine, will mark up your hands and other things. make sure you put some on the wire and on the "mechanism" itself. Reassemble and cuss less. Sometimes using a clothespin on the reel makes a better clamp to hang it up, or maybe a bulldog or other office store type clip. I prefer non metal.

Technician Class 2014-18 FCC Element 2 Radio License Preparation
Technician Class 2014-18 FCC Element 2 Radio License Preparation
by Gordon West
Price: $20.85
32 used & new from $19.82

5.0 out of 5 stars always the best., June 9, 2015
Gordon West's training stuff.. always the best.

Maxpedition 12-Inch X 5-Inch Bottle Holder (Black)
Maxpedition 12-Inch X 5-Inch Bottle Holder (Black)
Price: Click here to see our price
25 used & new from $41.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Been building survival kits into these for day hikers. ..., June 9, 2015
Been building survival kits into these for day hikers. Works very well. There is extra room under your standard Nalgene bottle for a pocket chainsaw, and this after you use a fitted cup, I think they are called glacier cups. I added on an ESEE knife (mollee) and first aid kit with fire kit in the main existing pouch. With a shoulder sling, its something someone would grab and go with, when they would not take a day pack. The idea of "take the water" and the added features works for more people than you'd think.

Apinol First Aid Antiseptic Pine Oil - 4 Ounces
Apinol First Aid Antiseptic Pine Oil - 4 Ounces
Offered by 911 Health Shop
Price: $16.95

5.0 out of 5 stars This stuff rules! I've used it to treat mosquito ..., June 9, 2015
This stuff rules! I've used it to treat mosquito and noseeum bites as well as repel the little monsters!

HF Weather Fax for marine
HF Weather Fax for marine
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice!, May 5, 2014
This review is from: HF Weather Fax for marine (App)
Just awesome! Like all the apps this guy creates! I have most of them, and they are useful in the field for decoding radio traffic. I highly recommend them all.

ESEE Knives 6SCP Part Serrated Model 6 Fixed Blade Knife with Black Linen Micarta Handles & Coyote Brown Sheath
Offered by Stealth Rabbit
Price: $139.14
7 used & new from $139.14

5.0 out of 5 stars ESEE makes great knives, March 25, 2014
The one shipped to me did not have the serrated edge, but oh well. I ordered this as I was building a survival kit out of a Maxpedition 5x12 bottle bag -which is insulated -and thats not been in the descriptions I've seen. It worked out fine, once I added a Molle sheath attachment, and fits nicely on the side of the bag. The kit was for a lady hiker in town, and so I did not want to go full on with an RTAK II or some other giant knife. I'll most likely get another one of these for my SAR vest, as I checked, and it fits nicely on the side of the chest plate without getting in my face.

PowerGen® 9000mAh External Battery Pack High Capacity Power Bank Charger Dual USB output (w/imbedded Micro USB) for Apple and Android Devices

5.0 out of 5 stars Great backup power, November 15, 2013
Got this for backup cell power. We had a quake / tsunami evacuation earlier in the year, and it dawned on me I did not have extra power for my phone.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff!, November 15, 2013
I was introduced to this by a friend who did a home stay in Japan as part of an international relations degree. They make these now in candy coated, but as my friend would say, "Thats for whimps" -these do have the odor of creosote, so our joke was that nobody takes them willingly the first time. But..

THEY DO WORK FOR UPSET STOMACH etc. Make no mistake, you want this in your travel kit, and some at home too. Definitely in your bug out bag.

TOAKS Titanium 3-Piece Cutlery Set
TOAKS Titanium 3-Piece Cutlery Set
Offered by ToaksOutdoor
Price: $19.95
4 used & new from $16.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Toaks is good stuff, November 15, 2013
Toaks Titanium is great stuff. Well thought out, and well engineered. These are light weight and quite handy to use and pack. I would recommend any Toaks product to anyone looking for lightweight gear. The price was not too cost prohibitive on any Toaks gear I've obtained.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5