Profile for Alan Fahrner > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 68

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Alan Fahrner "Alan and/or Michelle" RSS Feed (Antrim, NH USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Keep Calm and Carry On 1.25" Badge Reel/ Retractable Badge Reel/ ID Badge Holder- Solo badge reel or Rhinestone lanyard and Badge Reel Set (Red Badge Reel)
Offered by SIZZLE CITY
Price: $8.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Great product, but color doesn't match..., September 19, 2014
Let me first say Sizzle City's badge reals are great. However, with this specific one, it's red is not near as dark as the picture. So if quality and functionality are your goals, grab it. If the color is most important, grab the black version...'cause that one is accurate. :-) (And I would give that one 5 stars.)

SIZZLE CITY New Custom Colored Happy Face BIG Smiles Badge Reel Retractable ID Badge Holder (Yellow)
Offered by SIZZLE CITY
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great and puts a smile on people's faces, September 11, 2014
At work we are supposed to wear our badges above our waist...I don't like lanyards...and I saw coworkers in medical buildings attach badges to their collar.

But I wanted something that clipped on the collar (not that slides on) and that looked better than most I've seen. This one, plus the other two I got from Sizzle City, are great. They are visually appealing, are strurdy, and work perfectly.

I highly recommend them!

P.S. If Sizzle City reads this, how about some additional "manly" styles? :-)

Shotgun Rebellion
Shotgun Rebellion
Price: $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Like Southern Rock? You Won't Regret this Purchase..., September 1, 2014
This review is from: Shotgun Rebellion (MP3 Music)
I'm always on the lookout for great rock and roll from a band I'm not familiar with, and was introduced to Shotgun Rebellion recently via Twitter. If you like southern rock, then you'll almost definitely enjoy this, and the band seems like a group of tremendous fellows, well worth our support.

Favorite track? "Badman's Gun," which the band tweeted back was about "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott, a great guitarist gunned down during a concert:

Crosley CR6019A-BR Executive Portable USB-Enabled 3-Speed Turntable (Brown & Black)
Price: $99.95
13 used & new from $98.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes Me Want to Buy More Albums, September 1, 2014
We grabbed one of these over the weekend, and my wife, 7 year-old, and I couldn't be happier with it. I do have a decent number of albums that I picked up or was given (after, long ago, getting rid of all I had)...so we've been enjoying those (everything from Roger Whittaker to Kansas). No, the audio quality isn't that of an expensive stereo, but it does sound great for the price and there is something to be said for having to physically put the record on, move the needle, etcetera.

My little guy definitely enjoys it! :-)

I highly recommend this if you want to be able to listen to albums again. It is a great deal for the price!

P.S. I have not tested out the USB MP3 conversion functionality yet, not have hooked it up to a stereo. Once I do I may update this review...

5.0 out of 5 stars When You Really Want to Read, But Don't Want to Carry Books, June 15, 2014
I am a gadget man. I have a Samsung S5, iPhone 5S, Kindle Fire HD, and an iPad Air--and I won't bore you with what I've owned prior to those. I love them all, but they all don't come close to the Kindle Paperwhite when it comes to one simple task:

Reading.

And I'm not talking about the fact that in direct sunlight all of them would become near impossible to use...I haven't yet taken advantage of the Kindle Paperwite in that context. Instead, I'm talking about how, out of the box, the Papwerwhite does the one thing it was made for so much better than anything I've used before, except perhaps for good old paper (and, weighing the pros and cons, it might beat that too).

Pros:

-- Easy on the eyes. I can easily focus on a much smaller font than on any other device (and, possibly, paper books). As someone who recently graduated to using glasses for reading in other contexts, I can't explain the "why?," but I can confirm my experience. I am amazed by it.
-- Perfect size for single handed reading. (Okay, I've am 6'4" and have relatively large hands, but I suspect it is true for most.)
-- Light.
-- Usually responsive.
-- Can be used in direct sunlight and...
-- Can be used in pitch darkness (and, yes, you can adjust the brightness).
-- It will keep you away from the temptation to waste time on social media when you want to read...and, for me, it makes me want to read more.
-- Notes and highlights are integrated with pretty much any other tablet, smart phone, or computer via other Kindle applications.

Cons:

-- Sometimes it can be slow (e.g. for some reason it often lags in my English Standard Version Study Bible, especially if I am switching from the text to the commentary).
-- If you need a larger font you will be changing pages frequently. (However, I don't think I would want the device to be larger.)
-- You have to pay to remove ads. (I cannot say this is unreasonable...I do not know how much ads truly subsidize the base cost.)
-- It's standard case is ridiculously expensive ($40). Of course, Apple does the same thing with their iPad ones, and the Amazon cases for both this and the Kindle Fire HD are really nice, protecting the whole unit.
-- It comes with just a charging cable, but no power adapter. (Nickle and dime.) Now, since in uses a standard connector, this may be a reasonable trade-off to keep the price-point down.

You may think by the length of the Cons that somehow the review is bad...but look at them. The only consequential complaint is its occasional slowness.

It is the greatest electronic device I have ever read books on, hands down.

P.S. I typed this on my iPad Air...and for some reason the text box doesn't include the usual spell check...so please be kind with my typos :-)

Womens Fur Lined One Button Winter Snow Boots Tan, Size : 10B(M)US , 8B(M)UK
Womens Fur Lined One Button Winter Snow Boots Tan, Size : 10B(M)US , 8B(M)UK
Offered by Shoe Brands USA

3.0 out of 5 stars This is a really comfortable boot, April 28, 2014
I loved this boot from the moment I first put it on. A coat of sealant and it was waterproof. They are warm and soft and comfortable to walk around in. However I got them in January, and here in Denver, we don't have constant snow or cold weather in the winter, so I didn't need to wear them every day. I was really disappointed that the heels have only lasted two months and have worn down so much that the suede side of the boot soaks up the wet and now my feet are wet seconds after going outside.

MegaFun USA Good Job Jar w/Mega Marbles
MegaFun USA Good Job Jar w/Mega Marbles
Price: $24.99
3 used & new from $18.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Set, April 28, 2014
I have read other reviewers say their marbles are muddy colored and the jar has arrived broken, but ours are great. I use them to help my special needs 6 yr old stay focused on homework. I find the colors great, and we use the big marbles as a bonus when he finishes the common core math homework. No more tears in this house.

Ninja Professional Blender (BL660)
Ninja Professional Blender (BL660)
Offered by Bay 15
Price: Click here to see our price
61 used & new from $62.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be a nice blender, April 28, 2014
The blender has great power for blending even the most frozen things. I have used it for three months now and so far it's dependable. However, the biggest reason I have given it three stars is because the blade assembly is so hard to clean. The triple blades are a great idea for power, but I have already cut myself on them once trying to clean them, and don't ever feel as though I have gotten it completely clean. Also, food often gets stuck in the bottom inside of the blade assembly unit where it attaches to the blender and I can't get it cleaned out. It is really gross.

Atheism Remix: A Christian Confronts the New Atheists
Atheism Remix: A Christian Confronts the New Atheists
Price: $8.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A Quick Read that Provides Beginning Preparation, March 9, 2014
It is very easy for the new atheists to cause "true" Christians to feel that the atheists' beliefs are somehow superior to Christians' - that theirs are based on epistemological reality versus a believer's on blind faith.

It couldn't be farther from that and Dr. Mohler's book will help any Christian who reads it realize it's a false picture.

My only complaint? It's too short. :-)

More, Dr. Mohler, more! :-)

Oblivion (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + UltraViolet)
Oblivion (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + UltraViolet)
DVD ~ Tom Cruise
Price: $12.99
106 used & new from $5.92

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite movie of 2013, November 23, 2013
This is, by far, my favorite movie of 2013. It's hard to tell you much about it without including a spoiler...so let's just say it is not only a great action/adventure and sci-fi movie, Tom Cruise does a tremendous job of creating a somewhat tortured character who you care about.

It also has beautiful scenery, convincing CGI effects, and a collection of great actors and actresses. I don't pay to watch the same movie twice in the theater much..but I did this one (and I purchased it as soon as I could once it came out on Blu-ray).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7