Profile for nanyar > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

nanyar RSS Feed

Sadhguru: More Than A Life
Sadhguru: More Than A Life
by Arundhathi Subramaniam

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for any seeker., January 15, 2011
Many times I thought of writing a review of a book/dvd on Amazon. This is the first time I am actually writing one.

I have been a seeker all my life. In search of answers, I moved away from the religion of my parents, started off with arts, switched to sciences and ended up in spirituality. Spirituality happened last because of my wariness of organized spirituality and gurus. Even when it happened, I quickly formed notions on how an ideal guide will be - someone like Ramakrishna, or Ramana - with minimal trappings of materialism, dishing out pure wisdom with detachment, in some idyllic setting.

I came across Sadhguru's interview few years back, and dismissed him as another Osho-wannabe. I wish this book was available then. It would have prevented the years of desperate search, and seeking that followed. The author is a seeker herself, and she echoes many of the questions that a skeptical seeker will have. The answers are illuminating, and chips away at one's constructs about gurus, and spirituality.

Irrespective of the price, this is a must read for all seekers. Other recommended resources are - Mystic's Musings (book), and Isha Foundation's youtube page. A video intro of the book is available on youtube.