Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Shannon Crescent > Reviews

Browse

Shannon Crescent's Profile

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Shannon Crescent RSS Feed (Newton, MA USA)

Mindfulness for Beginners: Reclaiming the Present Momentand Your Life
Mindfulness for Beginners: Reclaiming the Present Momentand Your Life
by Jon Kabat-Zinn
Price: $12.09
128 used & new from $7.59

3.0 out of 5 stars Not his best work, August 11, 2014
I picked up this book as a good starting point for mindfulness practice. I loved Jon Kabat-Zinn's book Wherever You Go, There You Are but I was really let down by this one. In many places I found it to be so basic that it doesn't even really explain anything. In many sections he seems to drop a nugget of a thought about how to be mindful but never really elaborates at all. Many people consider his book Coming To Our Senses to be unnecessarily wordy but this book has the opposite issue and I found it far too sparse. End of the day, if you want his best work on the subject of mindfulness/meditation, read Wherever You Go, There You Are. It's perfect and I think even more accessible for a beginner than this book.

Borderlands 2 - PC
Borderlands 2 - PC
Offered by VintageArbitrage
Price: $10.27
42 used & new from $2.39

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT GAME BUT NEVER SHOULD HAVE PREORDERED FROM AMAZON, September 19, 2012
This review is from: Borderlands 2 - PC (Video Game)
I have been a loyal prime customer for over 5 years. I get nearly everything from Amazon so when a game I really wanted was going to come out I preordered two copies (one for my fiance and one for me). Here's where things went wrong:

1. Game arrived, no code was emailed to unlock bonus content
2. Contacted Amazon support, one code was provided which I was told would work for both copies
3. Code only works for one copy
4. Contacted support again, was told that because both copies were purchased by the same user (i.e. ME) that only one code is issued per account

SO WHAT AMAZON IS TELLING ME IS THAT BECAUSE I DECIDED TO GIVE THEM MY BUSINESS INSTEAD OF GETTING IN MY CAR AND DRIVING TO THE LOCAL GAME STORE, I'M GETTING SCREWED OUT OF THE PREORDER BONUS CONTENT. Nice...real nice.

So please take this as a warning and if you are preordering multiple copies of a game (for multiple people), just go out and buy the game at the store. It's a lot less of a headache.
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 25, 2014 2:26 PM PST

Webroot Secureanywhere Essentials [Old Version]
Webroot Secureanywhere Essentials [Old Version]
Price: $22.89
6 used & new from $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic new version, November 29, 2011
I have never used Webroot before but I decided to give the new one a chance because it was recommended to me. I am very impressed with the new user interface, the variety of features and the addition of online backup options for important documents. I also love that I can put it on my laptop, desktop, and cell phone with just one copy of the program. The scans and updates are very fast and never slow down my computer.

It is a great step in the right direction for Webroot and i recommend it to my customer who are seeking and easy to use/hasslefree antivirus solution.

I gave it a 4/5 because I have not had long enough to fully evaluate it. So far so good though.

Perfect Phrases for Customer Service, Second Edition (Perfect Phrases Series)
Perfect Phrases for Customer Service, Second Edition (Perfect Phrases Series)
by Robert Bacal
Price: $10.51
103 used & new from $1.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy for anyone in retail!, April 17, 2011
I work in retail and I deal with upset and stressed out customers on a nearly daily basis. This book is a lifesaver. It gives to the point advice about how to deal with a wide variety of possible problems that come up in customer interactions and help you take control over the situation. The title really doesn't do it justice. It doesn't speak to the breadth of information the book contains. I highly recommend it and for under $10 it will repay you in a less stressful work environment.

Purolator PL14459 PureONE Oil Filter, Pack of 1
Purolator PL14459 PureONE Oil Filter, Pack of 1
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great filter, great price!, March 7, 2011
I use this filter on my 1992 Subaru SVX and I have to say it is a great filter for the price (A great filter period). I will definitely use this filter in my car from now on. :)

Battlestar Galactica: The Plan [Blu-ray]
Battlestar Galactica: The Plan [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Edward James Olmos
Price: $9.99
47 used & new from $1.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome goodness, but only for the initiated..., October 28, 2009
I will be the first to admit I was not expecting much from this release after the uninspired BSG:Razor. I was VERY pleasantly surprised. Let me say right up front, this is ***NOT*** the thing to watch if you're taking your first foray into the reimagined Battlestar Galactica universe. They spill multiple events in this movie that should be seen unfolding over several seasons to really grasp. There will be a spoiler about every five minutes that will decrease your enjoyment when you watch the series. Do that FIRST, you have been warned...

Spoilers commence here:

Based on other reviews here, this film seems to be a little hit or miss for some people. Some find it's narrative disjointed, but I'm one of those that finds it a "hit". I thorougly enjoyed the way the storyline dances through the first several seasons filling in the bits of unseen Cylon machinations within the fleet and on Caprica. It was intriguing to see the Cylon sabotage campaign which caused the fleet such distress from the flipside, and see Cavil tearing his hair out figuratively as each intrigue never seems to become the final deathblow that he imagined. Dean Stockwell's fine dual performance as the Fleet and Caprica Cavils is worth the price of admission alone as far as I'm concerned. Add to that one of the best musical scores for a SciFi space opera ever, and enough visual effects eye candy to put one into a sugar coma for a week, and I think this is definitely a winner. I was ready to rewatch it almost as soon as it was over.

The Blu-ray image quality is fantastic (yes many interior/action scenes do show film grain, it's a creative choice and SUPPOSED to be there. The destruction of the colonies sequence is eye popping and gorgeous though, and it's going right to the top of the list for demo'ing my home theater. Really shows off HD video to excellent effect.

CIPA 36500 Wedge Base Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror with Compass, Temperature and Map Light
Price: $171.97
50 used & new from $133.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent perfomance, Excellent value, February 8, 2009
At a shade over $150, this mirror is an absolute STEAL. The 36500 is a full featured Donnelly mirror (Donnelly and Gentex are the two primary manufacturers for autodimming mirrors for almost every car manufacturer)
I bought this mirror as an upgrade for my 05 Mustang convertible, after buying a cheaper brand that failed and had to be replaced three times (if you see a brand advertising blue tint, and a UV sensor, my advice would be to avoid it and do yourself a huge favor by picking up a quality unit like this one.
Install was simple enough, unit worked perfectly from the go, including compass, temp and dimming, and the map lights really assist the current Mustang's so-so interior lighting (tech note: it's not specified in the included directions, but pin 6 on the back of the mirror is the maplight autosense line. A ground applied there auto switches both maplights on, useful for tying into an existing door jamb switch so that the lights come on when the door is opened.)
The glass when dimmed is a nice turquoise tint rather than the sort of ugly green common on many mirrors.
Overall I would rate this mirror tops for outstanding value and quality

Womens Nike Presto Digital Chrono Date Watch WT0017-401
Womens Nike Presto Digital Chrono Date Watch WT0017-401

5.0 out of 5 stars great watch - awesome value, August 27, 2007
I bought this watch a few weeks ago because I lost my other one. I was very impressed with the quality of the product. It's comfortable, waterproof and the display is crystal clear.