Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro
Profile for Megan J Jensen > Reviews

Browse

Megan J Jensen's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Megan J Jensen RSS Feed (Los Angeles, CA United States)

The Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout - Xbox 360
The Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout - Xbox 360
Offered by Outlet Promotions
Price: $14.87
162 used & new from $0.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect: Just like a yoga master, January 31, 2011
My husband and I bought the Kinect for Christmas with the intention of playing Dance Central. While we love the Dance Central game, I have to admit that The Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout is my favorite "game." I use the term "game" lightly as it really is a workout. I have the Wii and own Wii Fit (and Wii Fit Plus) & EA Sports, but The Biggest Loser for Kinect is the best workout game I have played. It is so wonderful to work out and not have to worry about any controller.

What I like:
*As I said before, I love that there is no controller to worry about. This makes it feel more like a workout routine and easier to focus on actually doing the moves rather than wondering where to put a controller.
*Workout Customization. The Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout allows the user to take a fitness test before deciding on a routine. This helps place your workout in an appropriate level of difficulty. However, you are still able to change the difficulty, if you want an easier or harder workout. The system also lets the user chose what areas of the body they want to focus on. I will be honest, I am pretty out of shape and was worried that the game would be too difficult for me, and was surprised when I was placed in the "moderate" level. This was a challenge, but not crazy hard. I am happy to know that there are still several levels that are more difficult that I can progress into.
*So, it sounds crazy, but I like that the trainers provide feedback and encouragement. This helps motivate me to finish the workout or push through a difficult exercise. I have to admit, Bob says: "Perfect, just like a yoga master" so many times I hear it in my sleep, but it still helps. The trainer checks in and asks how you are holding up or if you need a break. The Kinect allows for you to respond verbally, which is awesome.
*Lifestyle tips. Although many of the lifestyle tips are common sense, I like that the game provides challenges to the user in their daily life. The game also has recipes and additional tips, but I have not really used these much. The few that I checked out seemed cool, though.
*Customization. The game lets you select how long your workouts are (from less than 15 minutes and up) and how often you work out. I like that I am able to create my schedule and feel awesome when I stick to it.

What I don't like so much:
*Controls. While working out, I have no issues with the Kinect sensing my movements. However, trying to select something off the main menu is difficult. I don't know why it is a problem in this game, as I have Dance Central and don't have this issue. I wish you could use the XBox controller to navigate through some of these menus. For example, creating your avatar is pretty painful and takes too long. I finally gave up and used the default avatar out of frustration. But again, once I was in the game working out, I didn't have a problem.
*Graphics. I realize that I didn't buy this game for the flashy graphics, but instead wanted an excellent workout. While the graphics aren't horrible, they are not the best. Trust me, though, you won't notice when you are working out. :)

Overall, I really love this game. In my opinion (as someone who didn't exercise a lot), it is an excellent workout. It's challenging, and although I was a bit sore after a few of the workouts, I feel better. I am only a few weeks into the program and have noticed that when I started, I had a hard time doing the amount of jumping jacks in the routine, now I am able to do double the amount. It's a small victory, but I am proud of it.