Profile for Trevor G Berman > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Trevor G Berman "Trevor G Berman" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Camkix Universal 3 in 1 Cell Phone Camera Lens Kit - Fish Eye Lens / 2 in 1 Macro Lens & Wide Angle Lens / Universal Clip (Black)
Offered by ECO-FUSED
Price: $32.99

4.0 out of 5 stars If you shoot a lot of photos with your phone's camera, just buy this lens pack. You'll end up shooting even more!, November 13, 2014
The lenses work great and are a welcome addition to my from-the-hip photo-phone arsenal.

Suggestion for improvement:
Make it easier (and safer for the lenses) to carry on your person. When I don't have a bag/backpack I'm mobile with, bringing these along is a bit of a choice. The little lens-wipe sack they come with is adequate but I never feel good about the lenses clacking around in there while stuffed in a pocket. At the very least, I'd like factory fit caps for the lenses which are not currently able to be protected by the existing covers. For the time being, I've had to hack this with assorted sized plastic bottle tops.

Samsung UN50EH5300 50-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV (2013 Model)
Samsung UN50EH5300 50-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV (2013 Model)
Offered by The Deal Leader
Price: Click here to see our price
15 used & new from $549.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic LED TV lead to much more enjoyable viewing experience..., November 4, 2014
After 7 years of 32 inch LCD viewership, this was our home's upgrade to (or should I say downfall into) full television addiction. Great color and depth of blacks. Consistently connects and maintains connection to wifi. After moving the TV into a more permanent location, we connected it to the LAN = fast fast fast! 70%+ of our programming consumption is online and, through the smart menu, it's easy to connect to any major streaming source.

Only drawback to this unit is that it doesn't provide any cable channel programming integration. So we have to use two remotes and rely on the cable channel (guide) interface rather than adding the most used stations to the TV's channel presets.

VideoSecu ML531BE TV Wall Mount for most 22"-55" LED LCD Plasma Flat Screen - up to 88 lb VESA 400x400 mm with Full Motion Swivel Articulating Arm, 20 in Extension, for Monitor (Black) WP5
Offered by Warehouseseller
Price: $29.59
3 used & new from $28.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mount for 50-inch LED TV..., November 4, 2014
Totally great. Solid TV mount. I feel totally confident about it's stability, even when it's fully extended.

All the holes lined up precisely and the bolts provided fit the pieces tightly together. 100% compatible with our Samsung UN50EH5300 50-Inch, providing ease of movement over a wide range of viewing angles. The way the harness mounts to the arm makes it simple and relatively painless to dial in any necessary horizontal adjustment (in case you were a bit off the mark of the vertical mount to the wall).

GoWrite! Dry Erase Roll, 24"x10', White
GoWrite! Dry Erase Roll, 24"x10', White
Price: $20.12
17 used & new from $13.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for your oven custom dry-erase projects, September 8, 2014
Work great dry and wet (Vis-a-Vis) erase markers. I mounted my roll to another roll of sheet magnet and cut into large (4" x 5.5") magnetic dry-erase modules for a production planning board. Way cheaper than buying them pre-cut and still have tons left over to customize for other projects.

Cheetah Mounts ALAMLB Articulating Arm (20" Exten.) TV Wall Mount for 23-49" (some up to 55") LCD LED Plasma Flat Screens up to VESA 400x400. Full Ballhead Tilt, Swivel, and Rotation. Includes One 10' Twisted Veins HDMI Cable and Bubble Level
Offered by SPN Performance
Price: $29.96
9 used & new from $27.70

3.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic customer service resolved wall mount issues/concerns..., September 8, 2014
Mounting the extension arm for a 400 x 400 mount showed quickly how imprecise the manufacturing was. Had to allow play in the 2bolts-each-arm to move them around enough for the arms to line up with the mounting inserts in the back of the TV. Tightened everything down, but took an added box wrench (and my own inventiveness, definitely not per the instructions).

Hanging a Samsung UN50EH5300 50-Inch (40.3lbs). The joint nearest the TV back sagged so much (even when only partially extended) that there was no way we felt comfortable just leaving it. Absolutely no way we thought this would hold up to lots of use moving from collapsed to fully extended.

Finally, I took too long to get to the chore of hanging this (+30 days from purchase) and Amazon won't allow return (even as a Prime member). If you buy this mount, make sure you put it up right away to test.

---REVISED 9/17/14---
About two days after writing my initial review Jon, a customer service rep from Cheetah Mounts called me to discuss it. He was very thorough in addressing the issues I pointed out, stating that "since the company was made aware of them, this mount in particular has been redesigned to be more robust with tighter tolerances. Cheetah Mounts is in the process of manufacturing the new, corrected product which would be available shortly."

Without any hassle or instigation on my part, I was re-compensated for the product which I had previously been unable to return. Furthermore, Jon worked with me to find another Cheetah Mount model that might work as a replacement.

Even though the original product I was supplied with was unsatisfactory, I would recommend Cheetah Mounts. They are a company who puts their customers first; going so far as to fast-track the redesign of products based on user feedback and making sure everyone who buys their gear gets what they paid for.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 9, 2014 8:27 AM PDT

Fit System 62590G Saturn Driver Side Replacement OE Style Power Mirror
Fit System 62590G Saturn Driver Side Replacement OE Style Power Mirror
Price: $28.00
3 used & new from $13.97

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% compatible w/power mirrored 2002 Saturn SL2., September 8, 2014
Great fit and easy to mount in place of broken OEM side mirror.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little speaker for watery circumstances..., March 27, 2014
This little speaker works great. Only reason for knocking a star off is that it plays a SUPER loud message when connecting/disconnecting the bluetooth. So far I haven't been able to find a way to turn that down, although the controls work just fine when audio is streaming through it.

Original Pogo Cable for Google Nexus 10 (25% Faster Charge) - MAGNECTOR
Original Pogo Cable for Google Nexus 10 (25% Faster Charge) - MAGNECTOR

5.0 out of 5 stars recharge, FAST, December 16, 2013
It you got a Nexus 10 without upgrading the charger cable, buy this now.

Compared to the stock version, the Pogo cable charges much faster and allows for using the tablet as it charges (especially helpful with low battery, since the plugged-in stock cable doesn't seem to be able to add power as quickly as it's consumed). The uselessness of the stock charger cable may have changed since update to android 4.4, which seems to have greatly reduced the Nexus's appetite for battery. However, as the Pogo cable worked so well already, less power drain by the tablet in use should make it all that much better.

Mediflow Original Waterbase Pillow
Mediflow Original Waterbase Pillow
Price: $38.61
16 used & new from $32.00

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic replacement for uncomfortable pillows..., February 28, 2013
I bought this pillow based on the Amazon reviews and the fact that it had gotten high marks in clinical tests.

The Mediaflow Waterbase pillow is awesome! Before the switch to this I'd been rotating 4 different pillows (each a different type/composition), trying to find one or a combination that would let me sleep through a whole night without ending up a literal pain in the neck.

After the Mediaflow pillow arrived, I filled it up with water to the middle range of firmness suggested. I found that to be a good test. It felt okay, better than the old pillows, and importantly, it didn't leak (which some previous reviewers had complained about). The second night I filled it up a bit more, to the firm level and this has been perfect for sleeping pain-free all nights since.

A few weeks in, I'd say this is the best bedding purchase I've ever made --totally worth the time to research and the time to customize.

Cuisinart MCP-12N MultiClad Pro Stainless Steel 12-Piece Cookware Set
Cuisinart MCP-12N MultiClad Pro Stainless Steel 12-Piece Cookware Set
Price: $251.99
17 used & new from $251.99

5.0 out of 5 stars best cookware investment ever, February 17, 2013
I've tried a number of lesser quality/price options by the same or similar brands. Busted! I've tried some All-Clad. Ahh, my hands! The grips on their handles are torturous!

MultiClad Pro, just right.
Great price for a great product. I'm no seasoned chef, I just cook. I followed the suggestions for use that came with the cookware and some of the advice provided in Amazon reviews. I've had no problems at all (unless you count a little cook-surface tarnish from daily use a problem). On the contrary, it's like these pots and pans have helped improve my kitchen skills.

Now when I go to cook something I think about how it's going to cook up rather than just throwing some stuff into the fire. I'll pick some recipe and prepare the parts like it specifies because I can watch it happen as described. The MultiClad Pro works in a way that I feel like I'm using tools for their specific purpose, each with their own functionality and amounts of control. That's all I wanted, and for the price, it still feel like I got way more. (These are beautiful objects BTW and having them displayed in the kitchen really makes it look like cooking is a fine art!)

Couldn't be happier with this purchase. From the look and feel of their construction, probably the happiest I'll ever be buying cookware. At a ripe young age of 36, I can imagine these being the pots and pans I grow old with.

Page: 1 | 2