Your Garage Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Summer Reading Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro
Profile for Hal B > Reviews

Browse

Hal B's Profile

Customer Reviews: 138

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Hal B "Hal B" RSS Feed (OH, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Inateck 13-13.3 Inch Macbook Air/ Macbook Pro / Pro Retina Sleeve Case Cover Protective Bag Ultrabook Netbook Carrying Case Briefcases for 13" Macbook Air, MacBook Pro (Retina), Dark Gray
Offered by Inateck Online
Price: $36.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nealy Perfect For Macbook Air, April 23, 2016
This case is exactly what I was looking for to carry a Macbook Air. I received this after buying a smaller case Inateck 13.3 Inch MacBook Air/ Retina Macbook Pro/ 12.9 Inch iPad Pro Sleeve Case Cover Ultrabook Netbook Carrying Case Protector Bag - Dark Gray which for me was too tight. This case adds a little wiggle room for USB devices (I have a tiny Sandisk USB flash drive) as well as a little padding for protection. One caution - the computer is inserted from the bottom. NEVER forget to zip it prior to picking up the case.
I have decided to leave the bottom zipped and insert the computer on the side.
This case is only slightly thicker than the first one I had and the outside dimensions appear about the same.

Full disclosure: Inateck Online sent me this product to use and review. Regardless of this I have given an unbiased review

Offered by Inateck Online
Price: $36.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Some Things Are Wonderful All Tight, Warm And Snuggly, April 16, 2016
This is not one of them. It is tighter than a bull's butt in fly time. A 13 inch MacBook Air has to be forced into it front first. If you have any USB devices plugged in (a mouse receiver for example) it will have to be removed to use this case. I have a Sandisk flash drive - the tiny one that protrudes about 1/4 inch and I have to remove it.
I don't know what this was made for. Maybe in China Apple products are smaller.

Note also there is hardly any protection for the laptop - I realize that is not really the purpose here. It would be nice to have a little padding though.
I need to use it for an upcoming trip, but will replace it ASAP.

Edit: April 23, 2016
After using this for a few days I have noticed that it seems to stretch a little so I have added two more stars.
Although this product doesn't completely fill my needs Inateck Online has steered me to one that does - Inateck 13-13.3 Inch Macbook Air/ Macbook Pro / Pro Retina Sleeve Case Cover Protective Bag Ultrabook Netbook Carrying Protector Handbag for 13" Macbook Air, MacBook Pro (Retina), Dark Gray
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 17, 2016 7:58 PM PDT

100 Deadly Skills: The SEAL Operative's Guide to Eluding Pursuers, Evading Capture, and Surviving Any Dangerous Situation
by Clinton Emerson
Price: $12.34
105 used & new from $8.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Burning to Construct Rectal Concealment? Learn it here., April 2, 2016
Deadly is the operative word in the title of this little book. I bought this thinking (from reviews) there might be a few things of practical use for ordinary people. For me there was little of that. I don't need to know how to "Cross Enemy Borders..." "Steal a Plane" or "Make a Molotov Cocktail."
"Dispose of a Body" Seriously? Perhaps if you are a survivalist or a black op this just might be the book for you.
Incidentally, I was in the service for three years. I have some first hand knowledge of surviving in a battle zone. Let us hope the common citizen never has to experience this.

Spangle
Spangle
by Gary Jennings
72 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars An All Time Favorite, February 24, 2016
This review is from: Spangle (Hardcover)
If you enjoy Gary Jennings writing - Aztec, Journeyer etc you will enjoy this book. It is more than just about the circus; it is about the human condition as Jennings sees it with the circus as a platform. It is also about the circus as it was just after the American Civil War.
I see no need to reiterate the plots and summarize the book. Others have done that and it would be good to read them if you have an interest in reading it.

I have put this book in the list all time favorites I've read - in decades of reading I've read hundreds of almost every genre there is to read. In fact I majored in literature in college. Most books, modern light reading are read and forgotten. Like Les Les Miserables or War and Peace, you won't forget this one.

Considering the age of this book be sure to get a good copy. The first one I bought had pages falling out and a broken spine.

JACO Elite Tire Pressure Gauge - 60 PSI
JACO Elite Tire Pressure Gauge - 60 PSI
Offered by JACO Superior Products
Price: $22.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Tire Gauge I've Ever Had, February 24, 2016
Pros:
VERY simple to use
Does what it supposed to do
Appears to be accurate
Much easier to use than a stick gauge
Rugged
Excellent warranty

Cons:
May have problems at -50 degrees or more than 5000 ft underwater - not sure about this.

I have only used this once and with that in mind I like it very much. For home use I don’t see anything that I would change. I do need to check the accuracy of it with other gauges although I believe this one to be calibrated correctly. Now, if it is durable and lasts a reasonable time, it will have been well worth the money.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 3, 2016 7:59 AM PDT

Innoo Tech RFID Blocking Sleeves, 10 Normal Credit Cards, 2 Side-Opening & 3 Passport Protectors, Protector & Identity Theft Protection Case Set

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Thick For Me, January 6, 2016
These do not work for me in the sense they are too thick and annoying to use. Conversely, my wife likes them. Even with two or three cards my wallet swells like a corn fed hog. They are far too tight to easily remove a card with one hand while attempting to understand the card machine that hates me. From a purse (I do not carry a purse!) they appear to be easier to manipulate, probably because the purse is slung over the shoulder.

I tried cutting a couple of them just to cover the RFID chip. Still too tight and clumsy.

For me a new wallet was the answer to this soon to be great technology. Without a PIN what good are they?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 8, 2016 12:50 AM PST

1 [2 LP]
1 [2 LP]
Offered by Wits End.
Price: $44.95
12 used & new from $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I Would Not Buy This Set Again, December 16, 2015
This review is from: 1 [2 LP] (Vinyl)
The bad first: The one I got was poorly packaged and the records were dirty - dirty as from the handling and packaging. Be aware, these are not in paper sleeves. They are in cardboard sleeves that insert into the cover. I've never had an LP with no slip cover, not in 40 years of buying albums. I had to wash them prior to playing.

The good: Once they were cleaned they played fine. Of course the music is good; its the Beatles. The sound is fine as far as I can tell - there is still minor pops once or twice on side one. I may wash them again and see if that does it.

Bottom line: Out of the box these play liked a used record that is a little dirty. Not acceptable for new LPs.

The Journeyer
The Journeyer
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Book I Won't Forget, August 12, 2015
This review is from: The Journeyer (Kindle Edition)
If you enjoyed Aztec you will like this. Gary Jennings ranks among my favorite authors. If you have not read Aztec, if you're squeamish, sensitive, and want feel good formula books you just might not like this.
Others have reviewed the story so I see no need to be redundant.
Jennings's writing reminds me of Victor Hugo. The characters are larger than life, heroic, evil, ugly, good and bad. He paints incredible pictures with words that drive both plot and character.

Ibanez AM93AYS Artcore Expressionist Semi-Hollow Electric Guitar, Yellow Sunburst
Price: $599.99
15 used & new from $599.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Poor Man's Gibson, August 12, 2015
As a jazz hobbyist, this is perfect for me. I use only the upper pickup and run it through a Roland amp. It produces a very mellow tone with finger picking.
The action was set just as I would have it out of the box. Intonation is excellent. Mechanically, I see no problems with it.
Note: I comes with very light strings - 9 thru x. This is not good for a mellow jazz sound. I replaced the strings with D'Addario NYXL1046 Nickel Plated Electric Guitar Strings, Light and I'm extremely satisfied with the tone.
I'm a 50 plus year player and have had my fingers on nearly everything (in the way of guitars of course) over the years. This feels as good to me as the Gibsons and Fenders I owned in the sixties.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 21, 2015 8:18 AM PDT

Levy's Leathers MSSC4-BLK Guitar Strap
Levy's Leathers MSSC4-BLK Guitar Strap
Price: $34.84
7 used & new from $33.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Heavy - Awkward to Use, August 12, 2015
This strap doesn't suit me. It is too wide, too thick and too heavy - this thing could be repurposed as a tow strap. If you need something this heavy it might work for you. It is certainly well built, sturdy and made to last till the end of roads and days.
Bottom line: It is too much of a good thing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14