ARRAY(0x9f5e09a8)

Top Reviewer Ranking: 359

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Chris Jaronsky RSS Feed (NJ, the garden state)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Bowflex UpperCut Push Up Stand
Bowflex UpperCut Push Up Stand
Price: $99.95
2 used & new from $81.14

3.0 out of 5 stars I don't think this machine was made for me, April 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I do a lot of push ups and core exercises. This push up stand basically assists with the push ups, making them easier. I think it could be a great tool for beginners or those rehabing after injury, but for me it did not really seem to help. Sure I could do push ups to failure than use this for some assistance to do a few more for a better burn, but I did not feel it really helped me. I also looked up the videos for this product and tried those exercises. I am not sure i will use this in my gym on a regular basis.

one issue I have with it is that my home gym floor is not perfectly smooth, so this does not roll cleanly and evenly. Maybe bigger wheels would help?

Sony Movie Studio 13 Suite
Sony Movie Studio 13 Suite
Price: $89.99
31 used & new from $89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for a basic user like me, April 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I will come nowhere near ever using everything this software package has to offer. I needed it to edit together various video clips, add some simple effects like fades or sponsor images, and then I wanted to add music and or vocal comments to these videos. This program does all that and more. Figuring out my basic needs was pretty easy too. I am not a crazy advanced user on these programs, but for my simple needs it appears to work just fine.

Weber's Big Book of Burgers: The Ultimate Guide to Grilling Backyard Classics
Weber's Big Book of Burgers: The Ultimate Guide to Grilling Backyard Classics
by Jamie Purviance
Price: $13.88
50 used & new from $11.41

5.0 out of 5 stars MORE THAN JUST BURGERS, April 14, 2014
When I ordered this book I was expecting a book on burgers and nothing else. well I was pleasantly surprised when I opened it and found other topics too. There are chapters on hot dogs, sausages and brats, a chapter on sides and toppings, a chapter on drinks, and a chapter on grilling basics. This is basically a great book for your upcoming summer parties.

While the burger chapter is by far the largest chapter in this book, it is broken down to a few sub-chapters. Naturally you need to start with grinding and making your own burgers. Then it breaks down further into ingredients like lamb burgers, pork burgers, seafood, vegetarian, and oh yeah, beef.

The amount of variation in this book in regards to breads, meats, and toppings will ensure you find a burger combination you will love.

Another great book by Jamie Purviance, which I have come to expect from him.

Smokin' in the Boys' Room: Southern Recipes from the Winningest Woman in Barbecue
by Melissa Cookston
Price: $14.54
35 used & new from $14.26

5.0 out of 5 stars SHE KNOWS BBQ!, April 10, 2014
I have seen and read about Melissa Cookston quite often over the past few years, so when I saw a cookbook with her name on it I figured I should give it a try. The book arrived a few days ago and I figured its time to test it out. I asked the family and BBQ chicken was the answer.

I cooked the Perfect Smoked Chicken on my egg. This was a good choice to test the book because it also needs the Ultimate BBQ Rub and the BBQ Mother Sauce from the book. So basically this one meal uses three recipes from the book. The chicken was pretty easy to make, and it came out fantastic. I will be adding it to my cooking rotation and it will be great for our backyard parties. Everybody loves a good smoked chicken.

The book goes into some detail about Melissa's story and she speaks on Memphis-Style barbecue and foods from the Delta. It also has chapters on the "basics" and one on seasonings, injections, and sauces. Overall I feel it is a welcome addition to my cookbook collection. It has a decent amount of pictures, I personally love a cookbook that has a great picture of every recipe, and while this one does not, the pictures it does have will make you hungry to cook.

Speaking of the pictures, I came across the recipe for Competition Pork Baby Back Ribs. They look fantastic! While I sometimes cook my ribs dry, because my wife is from Texas and she likes those better, my favorite way to cook ribs is with sauce. And the picture in this book is possibly the best rib picture I have ever seen. They look cooked to perfection and are covered in a glaze of sauce that makes my mouth water. I will be making those this weekend.

Three other recipes caught my eye and will be tried over the next two weeks. The Cucumber Salad, the Macaroni and Cheese, and the BBQ Meatloaf. I have been wanting to try a meatloaf on my egg for some time now, and this looks like a good one.

Breville BJE510XL Juice Fountain Multi-Speed 900-Watt Juicer
Breville BJE510XL Juice Fountain Multi-Speed 900-Watt Juicer
Price: $194.99
56 used & new from $155.00

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT JUICER AND EASIER TO CLEAN, April 8, 2014
I just upgraded juicers and I am very happy with this Breville. I used a Champion juicer for almost 20 years. While the Champion was a workhorse, it had a small feed opening and had a tendency to drip juice and spread the non-juice pulp all over the counter. The Breville works much better with its larger feed opening and the enclosed container for receiving the pulp.

I like that you can adjust the speed faster or slower depending on whether you are juicy soft, leafy veggies or hard veggies. The larger opening makes juicing much easier and quicker. The Breville juicer is just a much better design and works well. All the pulp goes to the container on the left while the juice goes to the container on the right. I also like the juice containers pouring lid. Its a great design as it lets you pour just juice while leaving any of the foam that sometimes accumulates on certain juices.

Cleanup is pretty easy. The juicer comes apart quickly into about six or seven parts which are pretty easy to rinse clean. Once dry I can put the juicer back together in about 20 seconds. This juicer is also much more modern looking than my 20 year old Champion juicer, so it looks good if i leave it sitting on the counter.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 8, 2014 2:11 PM PDT

Hearth & Garden SF40222 Stack of Chair Covers
Hearth & Garden SF40222 Stack of Chair Covers
Price: $20.98
6 used & new from $20.98

5.0 out of 5 stars PROTECTS MY CHAIRS FROM THE ELEMENTS, March 31, 2014
last spring we bought a new set of patio furniture. We went for a good quality set and the fabric was Sunbrella, fade resistant. Turns out after 3 months they were faded pretty badly. So we called the company and they sent us new chairs. Only took about 6 months to get the replacements, not what I would call fast service.

Now even though these chairs are "fade resistant" too, I am not falling that a second time. So I bought these covers to protect the chairs from the elements.

The covers arrived today, and based off the price I was a bit skeptical as to their quality. Well I was pleasantly surprised because they appear to be of a good quality. I hope to get some good use out of these covers.

NukePak Dual Port Car Charger for Apple iPad, New iPad 3 4, iPhone 5s 5c 5 4s 4 3 3Gs, Samsung Motorola Android Smart Phones & Tablets UL Listed (Charger Only - No Lightning or Other Cables Included)
Offered by NukePak
Price: $8.99
3 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars ADDS A SECOND USB PORT TO MY CAR, March 25, 2014
I needed to add a second USB port to my car and this worked out great. It appears solidly built and has been performing faultlessly for a few weeks. I am able to charge my IPhone and use the second port to power my GPS. It also comes in handy with two of the 6 foot charger cables so my sons can charge and use their IPods in the back seat because the 6 foots cables reach back there.

Double Alpha (DAA) Competition Belt - Black - Size 38"
Double Alpha (DAA) Competition Belt - Black - Size 38"

5.0 out of 5 stars STANDARD USPSA COMPETITION BELT, March 24, 2014
This is a great belt, I have a few of them. I used to use a single belt and then switch out the holsters and mag pouches when I changed guns/calibers. Then I realized I just needed more belts and set up a few different belt rigs. Much easier that way.

One thing to keep in mind, you may need a different belt for summer than the one you use in the winter. My summer belt fits me perfectly. But I practice year round and just a few weeks ago it was 20 degrees and I went shooting. I was wearing jeans, two shirts, a sweatshirt, and my Bubba-Suit (insulated coveralls) and that belt just barely reaches all the way around. I normally bring my longer belt when it is cold but I had forgot it that day.

VRP Rib Rack for Big Green Egg, Primo, and Kamado Joe
VRP Rib Rack for Big Green Egg, Primo, and Kamado Joe
Offered by Liz Mall
Price: $27.99
3 used & new from $27.99

4.0 out of 5 stars NOT THE BEST FOR RIBS, BUT WORKS GREAT AS A ROASTING RACK, March 24, 2014
My wife bought me this rib rack rack as an accessory for my Big Green Egg. I like it a lot, but not as a rib rack. I use it as a roasting rack for chickens, pork roasts, roast beef, etc. I put it in my lasagna pan, put plenty of cut up veggies below it in the pan, season them, then place the seasoned meat in the rack and cook it at 350 in my egg. The fats and juices drip down onto the veggies and they come out tasting fantastic!

You can use it as a rib rack by turning it upside down, but I felt the spacers were a bit short for the ribs. It works, I just prefer the spacers to be deeper to hold the ribs more upright.

Uncle Mike's Tactical Competition Pistol Case
Uncle Mike's Tactical Competition Pistol Case
Price: $34.98

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT QUALITY AND A LARGE SIZE, March 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a number of single handgun soft sided cases, and most of them work really well. But they are designed more for a single semi-auto and not for a large revolver. Think 44 mag with a six and a half inch barrel. That fits nicely in this bag. The bag has an outside compartment with a velcro enclosure, a serious velcro enclosure because I have to use two hands to open it. So your gear will be secure.

Inside the main compartment you will see the main chamber with six magazine holders, they have a stretchy material that will keep them snug. There is also another impressive velcro flap that opens a slip-in area for storing a handgun. Now since there are two compartments inside, I could use this case to transport two handguns. I probably would not do that if I had magazines stored in there too, I would not want them the rub against the gun. But luckily for me (or unluckily if you will) I live in new Jersey where it is illegal to transport a gun in the same case or bag as a magazine. Which means I have to carry two bags to go to the range. But lets not got too bogged down in those details, I am sure having two separate bags means thousands of lives are saved every year. right?

This case has two handles that secure together with a velcro grip giving you a pretty nice handle to make carrying easy. The outside of the case is a nice canvas material. The zippers appear to be of a good quality that should last for a long time. Overall this is a pretty nice case.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20