Profile for Chris Jaronsky > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 393

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Chris Jaronsky RSS Feed (NJ, the garden state)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Generic New Illuminated 40x 25mm Jeweler's Loupe with LED Light
Generic New Illuminated 40x 25mm Jeweler's Loupe with LED Light
Offered by Giftable World
Price: $1,000.00

5.0 out of 5 stars SO EXPENSIVE, MUST BE AWESOME!, May 19, 2015
I have this same exact jewelers loupe, but mine did not cost $1,000 like this one. But maybe this one is $992.01 better? I don't know, but I am intrigued and now I want one!

PS: if you are charging $1,000 for this, maybe you could throw in Prime shipping and drop the $4.49 shipping cost?

Qooltek Illuminated Jewelers Eye Loupe 40x-25mm with Led Lighting
Qooltek Illuminated Jewelers Eye Loupe 40x-25mm with Led Lighting
Offered by Qooltek
Price: $4.99
2 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars NOT ONLY FOR GEMSTONES!, May 19, 2015
I really do not have much need for a jewelers loupe for gemstones, but I do frequently need to see incredible detail on really small parts. My eyes used to be very good, now as I age, they are not so good up close. Really close.

I do a lot of work customizing my competition guns. The details are very small and parts need to be very precise. I cannot see that detail with the naked eye, especially my naked eyes. This jewelers loupe really shows me the detail on these parts. I can now easily see if a part is polished fully, or shaped properly. For me, and for what I do, this is really a big help.

Sample provided for review purposes.

Shark Rotator Slim-Lite Lift-Away
Shark Rotator Slim-Lite Lift-Away
Price: $189.00
6 used & new from $94.99

4.0 out of 5 stars LIGHT WEIGHT AND EASY TO USE., May 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This light weight vacuum works well. I especially like the hand rotating brush attachment as I have dogs, bad dogs that climb on the couch. The rotating hand attachment works very well for vacuuming the couch to remove the dog hair.

The lift away section is pretty neat too. You can detach it from the base and then go around vacuuming corners with the skinny nozzle or using the other hand attachments. Its a good idea and works well in practice.

The only negatives I I have are that the small floor attachment does not do the best job job on hard surface floors. I also do not like that some of the attachments do not get stored on the unit. It would be nice to keep everything together.

SmokeWare Scrapesation Grate Scraper
SmokeWare Scrapesation Grate Scraper
Offered by SmokeWare
Price: $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars INGENIOUS!, May 16, 2015
The Scrapestation is a pretty good idea. Why use a wire brush when you can use wood to clean your grill? I have heard more than a few stories of people using wire brushes, especially the cheaper ones, where wire bristles have come out and gotten mixed in with the food. I would hate to bite down on one of those. While I have never had that problem, I do like the idea of cleaning the grill with wood. Seems more natural that way.

The Scrapestation is tapered to a thin front edge. You use it to scrape the grill grates down. As you use it the thin wood starts to take a shape that matches your grill. After using it a dozen times it matches my grill nicely and cleans it of grill debris.

I have only used it as a grill cleaner, but it can also be used as a spatula, cutting board, trivet, or serving platter.

SmokeWare SS Vented Chimney Cap for Big Green Egg (R)
SmokeWare SS Vented Chimney Cap for Big Green Egg (R)
Offered by SmokeWare
Price: $38.95

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS THE WAY BIG GREEN EGG SHOULD HAVE DESIGNED THEIR CAP!, May 16, 2015
I got a Smokeware chimney cap pretty soon after getting my XL egg. It is so much better at holding the setting when opening the grill. It is also much easier to just close the chimney cap than it is to pull the daisywheel cap and replace it with the ceramic cover to shut down the grill. So when I got a Large egg, I obviously needed a second chimney cap.

Installation is very easy. Clean the top of the egg, attach the adhesive backed felt liner, then cut it to size so it fits the top perfectly. Then slide the cap over it. Pretty easy. I have seen people comment that they do not want to stick the felt to their egg and would rather stick the felt to the inside of the chimney cap. You can do that if you want. I do not do it that way because I cook a lot on the egg and all that smoke coming out the top gets the chimney cap a bit dirty and nasty looking after a while. So I can just remove the stainless steel cap and wash it in the sink without having to worry about weakening the bond of the adhesive back felt. Just seems simpler for my purposes.

If you have an egg, this chimney cap is one of the best upgrades you can do to it.

Qooltek Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter for Raspberry Pi Bluetooth Dongle Low Energy Micro Adapter for Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Vista
Offered by Qooltek
Price: $12.99
2 used & new from $8.89

5.0 out of 5 stars great, May 14, 2015
I installed this on a homemade server instead of adding a card. It works very well connecting with Bluetooth devices. Transfer rates were very good, but then again I was not using it for data intensive purposes. My son saw that it could be used with his raspberry PI, so he took it. I guess I am going to have to get another one now.

Galaxy S6 Case, Honeycase Military Extreme-Duty Shockproof Rugged Hybrid Armor Case Cover With Belt Clip Holster Rotating Kickstand and Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S6 (Finder- Black)
Offered by Honeycase
Price: $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Bulky, good protection, May 13, 2015
The case fits the S6 very well. It has a hard rubber/plastic feel to the case. The case should provide decent protection for the phone. All the buttons line up nicely and are easy to operate.

The holster is a bit bulky but really holds the phone securely. To release the phone you need to release the single grip on the top (or side depending on how you position the adjustable holster to carry the phone) after releasing the clip you must then slide the phone towards that clip. It is almost a two stage removal of the phone so if you bump the clip the phone will not fall out. You need to release the clip then pull the phone towards the clip. This holster is great if you are in situations where you are very active and have a tendency to bump the holster.
Sa,ple provided for review purposes.

iPhone 6 Case, Honeycase Carbon Fiber Series Extreme-Duty Shockproof & Drop Resistance Anti-slip Dual Layer Hybrid Armor Case Cover for iPhone 6 4.7" (4.7 Inch)
Offered by Honeycase
Price: $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits well, May 12, 2015
This case fits my IPhone 6 Plus well. The buttons line up and work properly making them easy to operate. The case has a cool, black, carbon fiber look to it. It is rubbery and should provide some decent drop/impact protection. Being rubbery, I thought it would have more grip. It is somewhat grippy, but not rubber grippy so it will slide in and out of pockets without issue.

Sample provided for review purposes.

Salomon Men's Speedcross 3 Trail Running Shoe (11 D(M) US, Black/Granny Green/Bright Red)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for USPSA matches, May 12, 2015
I finally broke down and bought a pair of these for USPSA shooting matches. I was wearing my Asic trail runners all along, and they performed well. I guess I just got tired of hearing my friends give me crap about not having a pair of Salomans. Enough already, could they really be that much better? OMG, YES!

The traction on these Salomans is incredible! The nubs on the treads really dig into grass, mud, gravel, pretty much any natural surface we shoot on. I am able to start my movements quicker, and can also stop my movement quicker which gets me into a more stable shooting position faster than with a shoe that has less grip.

The shoes are lightweight, I think most of the weight is the shoe bottom, the grippy part. The uppers are made of a very lightweight material that breathes well. They also dry quickly as I found out at the Single Stack Nationals last week where I got to shoot in the rain. Horrendous rain, not that normal rain I am used to seeing in New Jersey. The stages almost instantly turned into muddy, puddled, horrible shooting areas. But I must say, these Salomans provided great grip and even though conditions were horrible I did not slip or slide like some of the other shooters.

There is only one negative I can find about these shoes, they ruined my El Presidente times. I had a wicked fast turn and draw where I turned right while pivoting on my right heel while pushing off with my left toes. I had this perfected! My turn and draws were lightning fast. Now those days are over because these Salomans grip too well. They are not made for spinning around, they are made for gripping. Guess I am going to have to rework that technique. Or maybe I can just bring along another set of shoes just in case I am shooting El Presidente that day?

Cutters Force Lineman Gloves, Black, Adult X-Large
Cutters Force Lineman Gloves, Black, Adult X-Large
Offered by Sports Depot NYC
Price: $64.95
2 used & new from $64.95

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT SPORTS GLOVES, May 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These XL gloves fit my hands snugly, as they should. The palm material is stretchy and the fingertips are covered in a material that is very sticky, giving you an awesome grip when catching a football. The back of the gloves have quite a bit of foam padding and should offer some protection against impact. The wrists are wrapped in a wide layer of stretchy velcro so you can secure them snugly. The velcro wrist straps also provide wrist protection. Great pair of grippy gloves for playing football.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20