Profile for John Milton > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

John Milton RSS Feed

Warcraft III Battle Chest - PC/Mac
Warcraft III Battle Chest - PC/Mac
Offered by goHastings
Price: $19.98
40 used & new from $9.50

5.0 out of 5 stars A great game for those who think, September 17, 2005
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I'm only a teenager, and yet I've always seemed to enjoy this game. No, I am not addicted to it. I play it everytime I have the chance to do so. Many reviews have been hating this game for A) Bad graphics and B) too little units and C) The Hero units.

First of all, the graphics are a sacrafice in order to enhance better online gaming quality. During Starcraft, Blizzard strived so hard to make units so realistic that the graphics basically killed the idea of playing a fluent game without lag. With Warcraft, it's much less often you get someone who's computer cannot support the graphics and therefore hold up the game.

Second is the fact of too little units. This is one of the reasons I love the game. You THINK!!! It's not a race who can build up the most units in ten seconds and attack. It's more of the idea of what you can do to the units they have with the units you have. You always have to be scouting their base, find out what untis they have, and get some perfect units to counter them. This way, a person with 10 units can take out 20 units with a weakness to those ten units.

I think the hero ability fairly ties in with B. The fact that you can have a certain unit with special abilities is excellent. It's like the commander. When the hero dies or is weakening, the units retreat. This is the sense of a real battle, not a suicide mass unit rush.

This game is one of the greatest I have played. It is so much more complex (in a positive way) than Starcraft or Diablo. I recommend it for anyone who is willing to have a concentrated mind in order to acheive skill in this game.