Profile for M. Delaney > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 49

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Delaney "Tech Guy" RSS Feed (Woodbridge, VA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Sony DSCRX10/B Cybershot 20.2 MP Digital Still Camera with 3-Inch LCD Screen
Sony DSCRX10/B Cybershot 20.2 MP Digital Still Camera with 3-Inch LCD Screen
Price: $998.00
40 used & new from $626.33

5.0 out of 5 stars The PERFECT camera?, December 4, 2013
I just got this camera and got to use it over the Thanksgiving holiday. I LOVE IT! Once I learned about this camera, I immediately sold my Sony NEX6 and my Panasonic FZ200 and I don't regret it one bit. The RX10 pictures easily match the quality of my NEX6. I am very impressed. I took it to work this week to compare it with my co-worker's newly purchased Panasonic G5 (Micro-4/3)... We took pictures of the same objects at the same angles with the same zoom. The pictures that I took with the RX10 were noticeably better in every aspect than those taken with the G5. The G5 has a bigger sensor, but the kit lens is no match for that on the RX10. My pictures were much brighter, sharper, and cleaner. I am not knocking the Panasonic G5... It is a good camera. Just wanted to provide some comparison.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 5, 2013 6:04 AM PST

SimCity: Limited Edition
SimCity: Limited Edition
Price: $19.99
59 used & new from $8.94

1.0 out of 5 stars Server Problems and Cities are too Limited!, March 8, 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Ugg. I am having nothing but trouble with playing this game. Most times I go to play, I cannot connect to the EA Server! Once I do connect, I am constantly being dropped. I cannot believe I purchased this game and trusted EA. I knew that I would NOT be able to play this game on my laptop while traveling, but I figured that as long as I could play at home, I will be OK.... Nope. EA has really botched this game! I also find it VERY frustrating that my cities are very dependent on playing with other players. You cannot really build a city that is self supporting. So, you have to rely on there people and hope that they will not grief you while playing. I really regret this purchase. I will NEVER buy another game that requires online.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Price: $17.20
299 used & new from $4.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Would be the Best Game EVER - If it weren't for the Bugs., December 10, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
There are plenty of reviews here on Amazon stating how good this game is... I agree that this is one of THE BEST games I have ever played, especially on the Xbox 360.

The main problem with the game is that there are too many bugs. I could live with most of the minor bugs and I was able to complete the main quest in the game. I have a level 54 character and I have been trying to complete the mid-level and side quests to get all of the achievements.

The problem is, I seem to have encountered a bug that is preventing me from completing these quests. The bug seems to happen in one of two places. I am doing the Dark Brotherhood line of quests that requires you to kill people in towns. This puts a bounty on your head. Now, when I go to those towns, the guards come up to me and give me three options: 1. Pay the fine, 2. Go to Jail. 3. Resist Arrest.

If I choose option 1 or 2, my Xbox locks hard. The screen freezes and I have to power off my xbox and restart from the last save.

I was willing to live with this since I could choose option 3, and just kill the guards. (Which would raise my bounty further.) In some towns, I would have the option to bribe the guards since I became leader of the Thieves Guild. That would work, but I didn't get the option in all towns.

But now, while trying to complete the Dark Brotherhood quest line, I am getting the hard lockup when I have to get into the coffin with the mother for the second time. (Towards the end of the questline.)

It seems to be when the game is automatically trying to take me somewhere. Like when I am being arrested, or I assume when I am in the mother coffin.

I have another Xbox and will try it out there... But, my thought is that the Xbox is a closed system. I have not modified my Xbox or my game, so I should not be getting these hard lockups or the multitude of other bugs.

Again... One of the best games I have ever played. Just wish I could finish it. (I would also like to play the DLC, but I WILL NOT buy it if I cannot get by these lockup bugs.

Sony A65 24.3 MP Translucent Mirror Digital SLR With 18-55mm Lens (OLD MODEL)
Sony A65 24.3 MP Translucent Mirror Digital SLR With 18-55mm Lens (OLD MODEL)
8 used & new from $425.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Camera Does Not Turn On, December 20, 2011
I had one of the first Canon Rebel DSLRs that came out and was very happy with it. When I saw the A65 and its impressive features, I decided to give it a try. I am sorry to say that I was not impressed. The biggest issue is that the camera would intermittently not turn on. I would have to remove the battery pack and replace it and then the camera would turn on. I see that others in these reviews were having these issues and that there may be a firmware update for the camera that MIGHT fix the problem, but I am sorry, that is a HUGE problem in quality control. Like I said earlier, I am coming from an original Canon Rebel and I NEVER had to upgrade the firmware, nor have I had ANY problems with it!

I decided to return the camera to Amazon and go with a Canon T3i instead. I got the T3i with the 18-135 lens for $100 less.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 21, 2011 2:52 PM PST

Icy Dock EZConvert 2.5-Inch to 3.5-Inch SATA SSD / Hard Drive Converter
Icy Dock EZConvert 2.5-Inch to 3.5-Inch SATA SSD / Hard Drive Converter
Price: $13.88
51 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Fit, October 13, 2011
We purchased this case to allow us to use an SSD drive with a Mac Pro. IT was a perfect fit. The SSD easily installed into this case and the external connecters on the case perfect lined up with the connecters on the Mac Pro's mother board.

Universal Alternate Mount Kit
Universal Alternate Mount Kit
Price: $29.95
8 used & new from $20.61

2.0 out of 5 stars Keeps falling off windshield, October 13, 2011
The length of the neck, along with the weight of my GPS, put too much tension on the suction cup. It would not stay connected to my windshield for more than an hour at a time.

AquaClear 20 Power Filter - 110 V, UL Listed (Includes AquaClear 20 Carbon, AquaClear 20 Foam & AquaClear 20 BioMax)
Price: $25.99
13 used & new from $21.08

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Filter but the Carbon Bags Don't Fit Well, October 13, 2011
THe filter is easy to setup and works quietly. From what I have read, this design is better than the ones that have you put in an all-in-one filter. My one complaint is that the bags made for this filter (carbon, ammonia, etc) are realy too big for the filter. They just don't fit properly. You end up having to fold over a fifth of the bag and contents to make it fit into the allocated space. I ended up buying the Aquaclear 30. It allows the bags to lay flat as they were intended.

Mini DisplayPort to DVI-I Female Adapter for Mac
Mini DisplayPort to DVI-I Female Adapter for Mac
Offered by GO Carol
Price: $4.52
35 used & new from $2.40

2.0 out of 5 stars You Get What You Pay For..., October 13, 2011
I should have known better... The cable caused graphical interference on the screen. The seller sent me out a new cable that while much better than the first cable, still has some screen interference issues. Next time, I am just going to get the Apple branded cable.

Logitech G500 Programmable Gaming Mouse
Logitech G500 Programmable Gaming Mouse
Offered by TMall
Price: $84.95
15 used & new from $33.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice Feeling Mouse with Poor Software and Documentation, October 12, 2011
I had high hopes for this mouse but overall was very disappointed. The mouse feels great and I really like the different weights you can add to change the feel. I also like how you can adjust the sensitivity on the mouse depending on your needs. BUT - The SetPoint software that you use to customize the mouse and set macros for each of the buttons is next to worthless. There is very little in the way of documentation and the Logitech web site is not much better. The software is just not intuitive to use. You have to go to multiple screens to set profiles for different applications and to set macros for each of the buttons. I am a very technical person (MCSE), so I can't imagine someone who is not technical being able to make it through the setup of macros. In the end, I could not get the macros to work at all in any of the programs I tried: Photoshop Elements 9, World of Warcraft, etc. I went on the Logitech forums and they were no help. I have a very standard Windows 7 system and downloaded the latest software from the Logitech website. I tried multiple different configurations... Installed, uninstalled, and installed again. No Go. So, luckily I purchased this at Best Buy and the return process will be easy.

Garmin nüvi 1390LMT 4.3-Inch Portable Bluetooth GPS Navigator with Lifetime Map & Traffic Updates (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by PlatinumBuys
Price: $197.99
29 used & new from $51.49

1.0 out of 5 stars A GPS with Advertisements OVER the Maps? Come on!, September 9, 2011
I have been using Garmin GPS units for many years. I just picked this unit up at Costco yesterday, and it is going back today. The reason? Garmon has decided to put advertisements on the home screen and on the map screen when you are at a stop. This is completely unacceptable! I am sorry, but I do not need advertisements popping up in my face while I am driving! A few other quibbles came up in the short time I used it: The map draws slowly when it is first displayed. Seems like they need a faster processor. When the battery is low, a warning window pops up OVER THE MAP completely covering it until you press the OK button. The strange thing is, this happens a few seconds after I started the car when it was plugged into a power source charging. It is rather annoying to have to reach up to the dash to acknowledge an alert that is basically meaningless since it is plugged in. One last thing: The amount of information displayed on the map screen is very limited compared to other GPSs I have seen. For example, you are only given your arrival time when you set a destination. My friends Tom Tom gives him the arrival time, the distance in miles, and the time left to get there... All in an easy to read display. Another example. The traffic alert on this Garmin is a small colored circle. Green if there is no traffic, red if there is traffic. You have to touch the circle, and then navigate another menu to get more information about the traffic. The Tom Tom displays a bar graph on the side of the map screen. If there is traffic it shows you where on the graph it is (The graph representing your trip distance) and how many miles ahead the traffic is... It also tells you how much of a delay the traffic will cause. Again, all on your map screen and it looks really nice.

Looks like I will not be using Garmon GPSs any more. Its a shame. I have been happy with them and would have loved to continue using them, but there are better brands out there now...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5