Profile for Laurie Diamant > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Laurie Diamant "We love to read" RSS Feed (Visalia, CA United States)

Page: 1 | 2
E6000® Craft Adhesive 3.7 oz
E6000® Craft Adhesive 3.7 oz
Price: $7.73
6 used & new from $5.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 10, 2014
I love this glue and especially the larger size.

The Death of Santini: The Story of a Father and His Son
The Death of Santini: The Story of a Father and His Son
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite author of all time, September 10, 2014
I always worry that I'm reading the last book Pat Conroy writes. The beauty of his words on paper, even with the heavy sadness of the story, are a melody of the spoken word.

WAYCOM Travel-Size Personal Bottle Humidifier - Cool Mist (Green)
WAYCOM Travel-Size Personal Bottle Humidifier - Cool Mist (Green)
Offered by WAYCOM
Price: $37.89

1.0 out of 5 stars Sadly, it did not work., January 28, 2014
It worked great for the first day. Then the water leaked out the bottom on the unit and stopped working.

Jerusalem: A Cookbook
Jerusalem: A Cookbook
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $16.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful recipes that keep me coming back to the book, March 17, 2013
I can't begin to tell you how often I've bought a cookbook, only to make one recipe. So far, I've made 3 from this one that will be permanent additions to my meal planning. I can't begin to tell you how much we loved the spring taste of the Orange Chicken, using oranges from our tree. A favorite of my husbands was Kofta and the Cardoman Chicken and rice is a fanciful delight.

I will keep trying the dishes in the book.

The Land of Later On
The Land of Later On
by Anthony Weller
Price: $9.99
43 used & new from $1.14

5.0 out of 5 stars My most talked about book of the year, September 10, 2012
This review is from: The Land of Later On (Paperback)
Every year there is usually a book that I go on and on about. This year, it's The Land of Later On by Anthony Weller. An avid reader and lover of literature, yours was a thought-provoking, all-time favorite. I have purchased this book for those I love, so that we can all connect in the little homes on the water of the Maldives of my dreams. I'll keep my year a secret.

Troublemaker Book 1
Troublemaker Book 1
by Janet Evanovich
Price: $14.05
244 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars This is a comic disaster, July 22, 2010
This review is from: Troublemaker Book 1 (Hardcover)
I am a JE fan, but this collaboration is a way to spell disaster. I wish I would have understood BETTER that this is a COMIC BOOK. The dialogue is disjointed and hard to follow. I am returning this book. Next time your daughter wants to do a comic book, let her stand alone with her own name and not add yours to the top so that your fans buy it and line her pockets with money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 6, 2010 6:56 PM PDT

Mennonite in a Little Black Dress: A Memoir of Going Home
Mennonite in a Little Black Dress: A Memoir of Going Home
by Rhoda Janzen
234 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars ...I minded the hurtful things he said to me..., February 17, 2010
I nearly choked when I read the line..."I minded the hurtful things he said to me" as the author describes the mean-spirited things her husband said to her. Yet, from the beginning of the book, the author takes unkind digs at her mother, which if they would have been left out of the story, would not had made the story less rich.

I was raised in the Mennonite world, and while most of the story was historically correct, the author took the low road towards the people who stretched out their hands to pull her from her dispair.

Here's what I say about the book, skip it. I don't have any time in my life for mean people, let alone reading about one who calls her Mom ugly.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 7, 2010 9:53 AM PDT

South of Broad
South of Broad
by Pat Conroy
Price: $20.87
787 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars This book enraptured my heart, November 18, 2009
This review is from: South of Broad (Hardcover)
Pat Conroy has been one of my favorite authors for many years. Each time I read one of his books, I am always sad that it has ended. Pat Conroy is my hero of wordsmithing, who places something so wonderful in my imagination about the South and it's people. Honor yourself by reading this book.

Kenneth Cole REACTION Women's Clay'in Around Sandal,Dark Brown,6 M US
Kenneth Cole REACTION Women's Clay'in Around Sandal,Dark Brown,6 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Feet, April 13, 2009
This is the most comfortable shoe...Unfortunately, I waited to long to order another pair or more in my size, and now they are out of stock.

The older I get, the more I value a confortable shoe and try to buy additional pairs that I know I will love for years to come.

If they have your size...BUY THEM, you won't regret it. And, if you have size 6's in Black, let me know...

Dr. Dog
Dr. Dog
by Babette Cole
Price: $6.29
122 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd give this book 10 stars, March 8, 2007
This review is from: Dr. Dog (Paperback)
Hands down, this is my son's favorite book. It's humor is raucous and you'll laugh at every page.

Page: 1 | 2