Profile for Ginger B. Lewis > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ginger B. Lewis RSS Feed (Lawrenceville, NJ United States)

Found: God's Will (Find the Direction and Purpose God Wants for Your Life)
Found: God's Will (Find the Direction and Purpose God Wants for Your Life)
by John F. MacArthur
193 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for all ages, May 27, 2003
An assistant pastor gave me this little book in high school 20 years ago, and I still have the copy and refer to it often. It's not full of deep spiritual insight, just down-to-earth practical Bible truths. I've looked at it over and over again and still haven't mastered it, but I still find it refreshingly true. God has a plan for our lives and has revealed it to us. It's not mystical, secret or elusive, but demands obediance. Now I'm ordering copies to teach my middle-school Sunday School class with. This is a GREAT BOOK!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 9, 2014 5:30 PM PDT

Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles: a Manual of Elegant Knitting Techniques and Patterns
by Cat Bordi
14 used & new from $25.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for a new technique, February 3, 2003
This book is WONDERFUL!!! I saw someone knitting using this technique at a Knit Out last fall and just HAD to get the book so I could learn too. I have finished 2 pairs of socks since getting the book at Christmas (about 4 weeks).
The technique is described in complete detail. The section on converting "normal" patterns into two circular needles is almost unnecessary after making one of her pairs of socks, because the technique is so intuitive. This is MUCH easier than knitting socks on double point needles.
Complaints about the book? The author suggests making caps and other circular projects using this technique but doesn't have any examples. But, I've done some hats using the principles learned in this book and they worked up like a dream. Also, the book is pricey, but how much is it really worth to learn something new that gives you a new prospective on your favorite craft? One more thing -- the lady I saw was knitting two socks at once. Now this REALLY appealed to me because I HATE finishing that second sock. But, again, using the techniques in the book and some shuffling around with needles, I managed to get two socks going on the same needles and finished both socks at the same time. GREAT FUN!
Overall -- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

DVO Cook'n Deluxe 6.0 - Ultimate Recipe Organizer
DVO Cook'n Deluxe 6.0 - Ultimate Recipe Organizer
Offered by lakeplacegames
Price: $21.88
16 used & new from $1.97

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST for real life cooking!, June 12, 2002
I've used the CookN software for about 3 years now, and I have to say it is the best! The technical support is fantastic -- yesterday's email question was answered within an hour.
This software has WONDERFUL recipes from the Current catalogs and calendars and other cookbooks, too. Real food for real people! I've added tons of my own recipes and haven't had a problem with incorporating them into meal plans and shopping lists. The software is organized as cookbooks and chapters, just like the my books on a shelf with the added capability of searching across all or some of them for ingredients I have on hand.
I agree with the other reviewer that the store categories were somewhat confusing, but it took all of 20 minutes to go in, edit all the categories changing them to aisle names in my store, and now I can print out a shopping list in the order I walk around the store. WOO HOO!!!!
I, too, have had the errors pop up where I had shut down inappropriately and corrupted some index somewhere. But, by downloading the latest updates (FREE!) and following the instructions on the website, I was back up and running in less than 15 minutes with all my old recipes intact. And, the new software promises this won't happen as much.
As far as importing recipes, there is a freeware program available (Meal Master) that lets you read in MasterCook recipes from the internet and then you can upload them directly into Cook N. I was able to load 2 or 3 cookbooks full last night, in about 10 minutes (a cookbook at a time). Not too shabby!!!
All in all, this one does it all. A glitch here and there maybe, but hey, I'm only human! :)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 28, 2010 10:51 AM PDT

Kinder Dolls: A Waldorf Doll-Making Handbook
Kinder Dolls: A Waldorf Doll-Making Handbook
by Maricristin Sealey
19 used & new from $47.38

4.0 out of 5 stars Full of details for new dollmaker, January 11, 2002
This book is a wonderful resource for cloth doll making. As a newbie, I found the book full of complete instructions and options for personalizing. In fact, it was hard to decide where to start!
One thing -- it would be nice if the book used photographs -- I haven't touched a Waldorf doll before and felt like I was working "without a net" sometimes. But, the dolls I've made are beautiful and loved by my children.

Reproducible Maps, Charts, Timelines and Illustrations
Reproducible Maps, Charts, Timelines and Illustrations
by Gospel Light
Price: $21.43
45 used & new from $13.27

4.0 out of 5 stars Great supplement to "through the Bible", February 19, 2001
This is a wonderful book to supplement any read through the Bible plan. With charts and timelines and summaries, I am able to see the "BIG PICTURE" of the Bible.
We are using this in conjunction with the Young Explorers book to homeschool through the Bible.