Profile for Thomas A. Ertman > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 55

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Thomas A. Ertman RSS Feed (Missouri)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Quest Super Cruiser Artisan Bamboo Longboard Skateboard (44-Inch)
Quest Super Cruiser Artisan Bamboo Longboard Skateboard (44-Inch)
Offered by Wayfair
Price: $57.95
20 used & new from $54.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty fast board, July 11, 2015
Trucks were a bit too loose when I got it. Haven't actually ridden a skateboard in years and decided to ride it down a slight decline. Picked up speed fast and handled bits of road debris well. Think I'll wear a helmet next time hehe.

Eco Vessel Summit Triple Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle with Flip Straw, Black, 24-Ounce
Price: Click here to see our price
8 used & new from $26.06

5.0 out of 5 stars The air valve makes an annoying noise sometimes but I can live with it, January 1, 2015
I even dropped it twice on the floor and it still keeps things cold. The air valve makes an annoying noise sometimes but I can live with it. I don't recommend putting this in back pack because unless you have the straw completely closed it will leak.

Fitbit Charge Wireless Activity Wristband, Black, Large
Fitbit Charge Wireless Activity Wristband, Black, Large
Price: $120.67
27 used & new from $112.55

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but I like the fitbit one better., January 1, 2015
It's the better of those out there but I like the fitbit one better. It looks sleek on the wrist. People ask about it. But I have a regular watch I like to wear and on the other wrist I wear either some stretchy bands or a road id bracelet when I am running. The fitbit one I can just clip onto my collar and forget about it (which is also why I've lost a few of them) and generally I find it to be more accurate then the charge because I am very active with my hands. For instance petting the dog added 800 steps over a period of a couple of minutes, folding laundry added a few hundred for standing in one place. Which is fine if you're aware of it, but I don't want to continually make notes and adjustments. The silent alarm is good but a lot of times I've found myself not noticing it as my body adjusted to the stimulus. The caller id function is fine, but let's be honest here most of us have our smart phone within arm's length at all times. I would say if you work with your hands a lot and want to save real estate space on your wrist then go get the fitbit one.

The fitbit app has helped me lose 5 lbs over two weeks by encouraging me to be even more active and being smarter about what I eat (you set a calorie budget and then enter the foods you eat) and it interfaces with mapmyrun and myfitnesspal. All in all a postive experience but ultimately you need the right tool for the right job and the charge isn't quite what I need.

The American Interest
The American Interest
Price: $1.49
2 used & new from $1.49

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't always agreee with some of the conclusions put ..., December 16, 2014
I don't always agreee with some of the conclusions put forward, but at the very least the topics are presented in a clear and concise manner with a markedly higher degree of writing standards than you will see in other megazines. In the few short days i've had access to this I find myself ever more intrigued. Money well spent.

Petzl Tikka RXP Headlamp, Black and white , One Size
Petzl Tikka RXP Headlamp, Black and white , One Size
Offered by GearExpress
Price: $89.96
32 used & new from $85.52

5.0 out of 5 stars It provided the best illumination i've ever had as far as head-mounted lights ..., November 12, 2014
This review is from: Petzl Tikka RXP Headlamp (Sports)
Did my first trail run in the dead of night. I actually forgot i had a light strapped to my head. It provided the best illumination i've ever had as far as head-mounted lights go. The battery life had been excellent (so far over a week of night runs with no diminishement in light) .

The strap is reasonably comfortable, the light controls have been straightforward for me. (I simply turn the light on and let it automatically adjust the light levels). I've run in extreme dark with this and as well as street light illumination and light transition has been excellent and seamless.

I would not run in the rain with this because it does not appear to be water resistant.

Running Dog Leash Hands Free - Including LED Light. Great for Walking, Running, Biking and Jogging (Red).
Offered by Quality Choices
Price: $60.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Man this is great, not just for running but for anytime you ..., October 12, 2014
Man this is great, not just for running but for anytime you need both hands free. Imagine being able to stand in one spot while eating a corndog from the fair and have a drink in the other hand all while your dog is safely tethered. Jogging was a snap as well. Both the waist portion and the leash portion can be easily adjusted to suit you and your dog.

Tracer360 Visibility Vest (Large)
Tracer360 Visibility Vest (Large)
Offered by noxgear
Price: $69.99
2 used & new from $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great, October 10, 2014
This review is from: Tracer360 Visibility Vest
I thought this thing would annoy me at first, but it's lighter and more wieldy than I anticipated. You will definately be seen and people will stop you and ask you questions like "Are you from the future?" I can reach the power button with no problems. All in all i would have to give this top ratings in the areas of comfort and value. I've ran in the rain in it with no issues as of yet.

Fuebelt R3O Revenge Hydration Belt (Royal/White, One Size)
Fuebelt R3O Revenge Hydration Belt (Royal/White, One Size)
Price: $32.06
28 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It's great., October 10, 2014
Got it quickly, along with an additional pouch for it and ran a half marathon two days later. I've never been a fan of hydration belts, but carrying water bottles in my hands finally started to drive me crazy. This thing fit like a dream and I was hardly aware it was around my waist once i got rolling. It even fit better than my Nathan belt that was 25 bucks more and only had two bottle holders!
If you find the bottles bouncing out you either have the belt adjusted improperly or you run like a kangaroo. The pouch included with it will barely hold an iphone 4 lengthwise, but can hold 3 gels easily. I recommend ordering the additional ripstop pocket that matches it if you need to carry a few more things.

FuelBelt 2012 Ripstop Pocket with belt loop (Royal Blue - Medium)
FuelBelt 2012 Ripstop Pocket with belt loop (Royal Blue - Medium)
Offered by Think Fast
Price: $10.50
13 used & new from $5.74

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, October 10, 2014
Fits 4 gels comfortably and a seperate zippered compartment to put some cash in. got it to attach to my fuelbelt r30 and it works great

Nathan Fit Vest Light, Black Reflective
Nathan Fit Vest Light, Black Reflective
Price: $41.55
16 used & new from $32.18

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks cool but...., September 24, 2014
I wanted to like this vest, it looks super cool and is really light. When I bought it at the local running store I was annoyed to find out the front lights were dead. No big deal, I just bought some batteries and replaced them. The next day the batteries were dead again. Then i noticed the stitching on the front compartment had torn from trying to change the batteries (and I was being extra careful). The stitching on the back compartment was horrible as well. There are no flap covers on the light compartments either, so if it rains I am almost certain water will wick it's way through the velcro enclosures and get the bare electronics wet. Now, on my second run with this I noticed that one of the front LEDS has shorted from my sweating and I have to wiggle it to get it to come on.

I'll go back to my old nathan photon vest which is just as light and is visible in the day as well as night.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6