Profile for literary mom in the Valley > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 25

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

literary mom in the Valley RSS Feed (San Fernando Valley, CA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
SEOH Graduated Cylinder All Glass 50ml
SEOH Graduated Cylinder All Glass 50ml
Offered by Scientific Equipment of Houston
Price: $5.95
5 used & new from $3.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Now that the project is over, we're using it as a nerdy bud vase, April 13, 2014
Yep. It's perfect for all uses. The glass is even and well marked and not tilted or bumpy. And as the title says, my 16-year-old girl is getting a laugh out of using it for carnations on her desk - what more can a nerd girl need from a graduated cylinder?

The Last Enemy Volume 1
The Last Enemy Volume 1
DVD
Price: $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but somewhat predictable, January 20, 2014
This series was gripping until about halfway through. Then it began to be more predictable and there were a couple of "What!?" moments thrown in that, to me, had not been fully supported even by the last credits. Cumberbatch is good; Carlyle is brutal and mysterious; and Marinca very strong. I enjoyed it but the ending seemed a little less than credible in tying up the loose ends.

Beautiful Things
Beautiful Things
Price: $12.03
42 used & new from $7.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, January 19, 2014
This review is from: Beautiful Things (Audio CD)
If you don't buy the entire album, at least buy "Beautiful Things"! The heart behind the lyrics is amazing and we love the arrangements.

Ruthless Headphones with Mic- Floral (HP6403-107)
Ruthless Headphones with Mic- Floral (HP6403-107)
Price: $11.10
2 used & new from $11.10

3.0 out of 5 stars The connector buzzes sometimes, January 19, 2014
They are okay. They sound really good when they are working, but when the connector get moved, it makes a static buzzing.

Periodic Table Playing Cards (English, Spanish and French Edition)
Periodic Table Playing Cards (English, Spanish and French Edition)
by Les Entreprises SynHeme Inc.
Edition: Cards
Price: $13.12
17 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The suite/numbers are tough to read but..., January 4, 2014
We love it regardless. There is so much information on each of these cards. My daughter has been memorizing the periodic table for chemistry and this made a very fun (and funny) Christmas gift. We would definitely by again. The quality of the cards themselves for playing purposes is quite good.

Ultralast Uniden BT-1007 Cordless Phone Battery Replacement For 2 AA w/Mitsumi
Ultralast Uniden BT-1007 Cordless Phone Battery Replacement For 2 AA w/Mitsumi
Offered by bedford power
Price: $3.39
11 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars It does the job, January 4, 2014
The only complaint I have is it's fragile. Granted, we shouldn't have been pulling it in and out of the phone, but by trying to get the wire to fit into the battery compartment more tightly, we pulled the wire off completely. (We weren't trying to toss it around either.) We ordered a second one and it is hanging in there, even though the wire still doesn't fit compactly into the compartment.

NOW Foods BetterStevia Organic Extract Powder -- 1 lb
NOW Foods BetterStevia Organic Extract Powder -- 1 lb
Offered by XSNonline
Price: $62.99
5 used & new from $62.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Less bitter than most stevias, January 4, 2014
We are on our third pound of stevia. (It has taken us almost five years.) We found it to be less bitter. I use it exclusively for sweetening teas, coffees, and other drinks.

Sterling Silver 7MM Braided Rope Adjustable Toe Ring
Sterling Silver 7MM Braided Rope Adjustable Toe Ring
Offered by Metal Factory
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Runs large, in my opinion., January 4, 2014
It's a very pretty piece. I have tightened it as much as I can without overlapping and it has still come off of my toe twice. I can't wear it.

The Dresden Files Season 1
The Dresden Files Season 1
DVD
Price: $18.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It's great if you don't expect it to be like the books, January 4, 2014
Storm Front seems like it was written as the pilot, though I haven't looked it up on line. It probably should have been (even without the reference to the first book of the series) because the first episode they chose is just about the worst of the lot, in my opinion. The "detective helped precocious boy" thing has been so overdone. But if you can make it past that one, it improves. We've read all the books through book 14 and were initially put off the show by comparing it to those very different works. But if you consider the limitations of an episodic, character-based TV show, this makes for well-executed escapist entertainment. The Warden characters, however, are very flat. The chemistry between Dresden and Murphy was just starting to build during the last couple of episodes.

Trixie Vigo Two-Story Cat Condo
Trixie Vigo Two-Story Cat Condo
Price: $85.27

5.0 out of 5 stars A good size and not too flashy for the living room, November 2, 2013
The cat tree this replaced was five feet tall and in a plushy maroon carpet. (What was I thinking?) This is a nice, subdued gray color with the tan twine as contrast. The cats use it, hide in it, sharpen their claws on the posts, and generally enjoy it. I did rub it all over with catnip when I first got it, inside and out. I feel this is a good value for the money and wasn't hard to put together. You do have to pay attention, though, to the drawing as I had flipped one of the posts over and had to take it apart and redo. But that was my fault.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3