Profile for IHRmom > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

IHRmom RSS Feed

Vivitek Qumi Q5 500 Lumen WXGA HD 720p HDMI 3D-Ready Pocket DLP Projector with 4GB Memory (Red)
Price: $549.99
29 used & new from $461.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Delivers!, October 11, 2013
I am on my way to the first meeting with this little charmer. It certainly is light and small, and I'm able to project a large screen with fairly good picture quality (have only tried PPT which is hard to mess up). It seems a little noisy in my small office, though the other reviewers haven't noted that and I imagine in a larger room during a presentation the noise will be virtually unnoticeable. So, I"m very pleased so far with the function - as long as it doesn't die like it has for others.
Two smaller issues: If you're using an iPad, or a macbook Air, you will need to purchase another cable. For the iPad (or your iPhone) it's one cable; for the Macbook Air it needs an HDMI to thunderbolt. The cables it comes with are HDMI to HDMI, in/output for video/sound and some other contraption that looks outdated - probably for more sophisticated video options. The second - really small - issue is that the case only accommodates the projector itself so we have to come up with another solution for carrying the ac cord and the laptop cable. The unit also accommodates a flash drive so you can opt out of the laptop altogether if you want. And, btw, the red is meeting ready!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 11, 2013 8:00 PM PST

Downton Abbey Season 1
Downton Abbey Season 1
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Storyline, acting, cinematic interest, romance, history: We love Downton!, August 11, 2013
Storyline, acting, cinematic interest, romance, history: We love Downton!

We love it, the teenagers love it, they love to freak their friends out by telling them how great it is (vs, say, The Walking Dead, or Shark Week, OMG)

Take a moment to absorb the beauty of the grounds, the intricate care with historical environment, the occasional glitch and you're a fan, for sure.

Lutron SC-2-ES Claro Two-gang Wallplate Eggshell
Lutron SC-2-ES Claro Two-gang Wallplate Eggshell
Price: $12.00
6 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product and great pricing, April 3, 2013
It's hard to find non standard colors for Lutron at our local stores without 'special order' status which means non returnable. These arrived on time, in great shape and if we miscalculated the configuration we are able to return.

Skechers Highlanders Glaciers Womens Waterproof Boots Charcoal 7
Skechers Highlanders Glaciers Womens Waterproof Boots Charcoal 7

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cool looking, plus practical, April 3, 2013
Warm, waterproof, not too heavy or clunky. Classic look with a slightly more fashionable feel. Bought for my 16 year old and she's happy with them - and me!

The Shawshank Redemption [HD]
The Shawshank Redemption [HD]
DVD
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars All time favorite - our teens loved it too, April 3, 2013
Shawshank is our all time favorite movie. The story is moving, the acting is superb, and you just melt listening to Morgan Freeman's narrative. We introduced our teen girls to this great movie and they loved it; got all the nuances and now the 16 yr old wants to read the book. Brilliant movie; great family time.

A Bug's Life
A Bug's Life
DVD
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect film, September 19, 2012
Look up the history of PIxar to really appreciate this film. Did you know the achievement was to be able to convey millions of on screen characters at one time? T his was a huge advancement in the areas of animation. The story, the characters, the vivid images are pure perfection.

Paper Doll Orgy
Paper Doll Orgy
by Ted McCagg
Price: $13.46
43 used & new from $0.23

5.0 out of 5 stars A little risky, July 21, 2011
This review is from: Paper Doll Orgy (Paperback)
I used to work with Ted so I thought: maybe I like this book because I used to work with Ted and know how smart and funny he is. But these other reviews tell me Ted is really just funny. I've even given this book to people I don't know so well because it's such a sharp conversation piece. That's the risky part.

Case-it 2-Inch O-Ring Zipper Binder with Removable Tab File, Red, D-901-RED
Case-it 2-Inch O-Ring Zipper Binder with Removable Tab File, Red, D-901-RED
Price: $19.88
4 used & new from $15.28

2.0 out of 5 stars They break so get the cheapest one!, December 6, 2010
The school suggests them but in our basement we have 6 over the last three years - in perfect condition except for the damaged ring or broken zipper. We've moved to large looseleaf binders and folders. What a waste.

The Blessing of a B Minus: Using Jewish Teachings to Raise Resilient Teenagers
The Blessing of a B Minus: Using Jewish Teachings to Raise Resilient Teenagers
by Wendy Mogel
Price: $19.22
207 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Courage to do the right thing, December 6, 2010
Wendy Mogul does it again. Either you'll feel supported as she corroborates your excellent parenting decisions and demeanor, or she will introduce concepts that at first horrify (ok, an exaggeration) but then relieve. Dr. Mogul asks us to have confidence in our teens, to demand of them what the world will once they're out from under our wings, and to put some distance between us and their often offensive and irritating adolescent behavior. She reminds us that they need to be this awful because they're working desperately hard at doing something they really don't want to do: separate from us. And finally, she gives us some tips - some serene and some hilarious (when they are disrespectful, picture them in the floaties or the tutu they wore when they were three) - that have helped us just not take it all so seriously. We have been able to remove ourselves from the painful moments without blowing up, and to be there completely when the moment calls for it. It's great to have tools to know the difference. A must read for parents of teens.