Profile for Tracy Vest > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1447

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tracy Vest RSS Feed (Northern California)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Waiting On You (Hqn)
Waiting On You (Hqn)
by Kristan Higgins
216 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Too many subplots, September 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
After losing the love of her life to a marriage of convenience, wise cracking bartender Colleen would rather give out romantic advice than take it. When Lucas returns to tend to his sick uncle, he is divorced and not looking to get distracted since he plans to leave as soon as his uncle is on the mend. But that old chemistry with Colleen is present and neither want to take a chance on getting hurt again. Can they forgive their pasts to forge a new future?

Once again, Higgins produces many laughs, though I thought that there were way too many secondary characters. Setting up the next in the series is fine, but this had way too many sub=plots that frankly were not worthy of the ink. I liked that Colleen was not a doormat like some of her previous heroines, but was a little disappointed that so much was made of her healthy sex drive; and don't get me started on my least favorite plot device - the unexpected baby - it should be outlawed.. I think that Lucas should have been made to squirm a bit more, or have her find love with an unexpected character.

The Perfect Match (The Blue Heron Series)
The Perfect Match (The Blue Heron Series)
by Kristan Higgins
217 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard characters to like..., September 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Honor's eggs are drying up and her biological clock is ticking overtime. When she suggests marriage to long-time friend with benefits, Brogan, he turns her down. A few weeks later, her is engaged to her best friend and Honor is heartbroken. Fearing she may reach spnsterhood, she agrees to the idea of a green card marriage to Tom, a British transplant who wants to stay to be a father to the son of her deceased fiance.

Some things you can count on with a Kristan Higgins book are flawed heroines, quirky pets, lots of humor, and sex scenes that don't border on an anatomy lesson. Having said that, I thought this story was missing a bit of those trademarks, particularly the humor, which would have made the rather unhumrous content a little easier to handle. Honor's selfish friends and family and the wayy she is treated by Tom before the customary "ah-ha moment" just make her more of a doormat and harder to root for. But pretty much and Higgins books is worth at least one read, so she will remain on my auto purchase list.

Brand New J61 Jeunique Women's Soft Cup Wire Free Nursing Bra Large Band Large Cup
Offered by Best Deal 2014
Price: $21.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great support without the wire, August 9, 2014
Jeunique bras offer lots of support lots of support without those pesky underwires that can cut into you. I first became familiar with the product through a boutique in my home town, paying nearly $90 for the same bra you can find here for $22. They are not cute (and I would classify them as "old lady bras"), but if you are well endowed, you really cannot beat the support.

While they are touted as nursing bras, they really aren't - they are for well endowed women who cannot find these size bras anywhere else, who are tired of bras feeling like sausage casing.

Iams ProActive Health Adult Small and Toy Breed Premium Dog Food, 12.5-Pound
Iams ProActive Health Adult Small and Toy Breed Premium Dog Food, 12.5-Pound
Offered by UNPLUGGED
Price: $18.97
6 used & new from $17.97

5.0 out of 5 stars New go to formula!, August 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a teacup Yorkie, mini Yorkie and a Chihuahua. With a lot of effort, they can eat regular size dog food, but the toy breed food is the perfect size for them. I like this brand even better than my regular IAMS small bites. My Chihuhua in particular has a picky system and tends to barf if something does not agree with her - knock on wood, this food has agreed with her!

Until We Touch (Hqn) (English Edition)
Until We Touch (Hqn) (English Edition)
by Susan Mallery
Price: $8.09
126 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars The latest Fools Gold!, August 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Mallery's latest Fools Gold romance follows the exploits of former football star Jack, who has relocated to the central California town to run a PR agency, with his trusty assistant, Larissa by his side. Larissa is known for taking on others causes, and Jack is willing to fun them as long as he does not have to make an emotional committment to the cause. But a visit from Larissa's mom telling Jack that her daughter is in love with him turns their comfortable arrangement into question. Can the woman with a heart bigger than the Grinch's find a future with a man who feels he's incapable of getting close enough to someone and fall in love?

Mallery is another of those prolific authors who has created a town all her own, populating it with plenty of interesting characters. I still remember the first Fools Gold novel, where there was a shortage of men... Well, they have made up for lost time and now have a town filled with plenty of hunky men who all seem to be athletes or former military and sexy as sin. When can I move there?

Fisher-Price Nickelodeon Dora and Friends Cafe
Fisher-Price Nickelodeon Dora and Friends Cafe
Offered by Monkeying Around
Price: $33.97
8 used & new from $32.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Toy to keep her occupied for hours..., August 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This playkit is so cute. I got it for my 3 year old neice so she will have something to play with at my house. It comes with a lot of accessories, including a cute bracelet to wear, but some are quite tiny, so be careful. The only drawback is that it comes with just the Dora character, so you will need to purchase additional doll sets separately if more than one kid (or grown kid in my case) plays with it. Also - it advertises that there are numerous phrases when you push the sound button - so far, we have only heard the same two!

Mothers 07240 California Gold Clay Bar System
Mothers 07240 California Gold Clay Bar System
Price: $18.99
35 used & new from $17.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Saves your paint job, August 4, 2014
I have a black SUV that shows every ding, scratch and abrasion. I was able to get the kit for on Amazon for much lower than retail price. My boyfriend kept telling me about it since I had some bumps on my car. I got the kit and he turned my six year old SUV into a brand new one... at least it seems that way.

It also gets surface scratches to buff out with little effort. My long nails scratch the area where my car door handle is and just a little wiping and rubbing with the clay and it was gone.

Blue Handworks Glass Wind Chime, Cat's Meow
Blue Handworks Glass Wind Chime, Cat's Meow
Price: $30.69
12 used & new from $30.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute!, August 4, 2014
Bought this for my sister since she is the cat lover and she really likes it. The frame is made of metal with cut outs, and the chimes are colored glass. I like that some of the glass are shaped like fish (I have a dog chime set with dog bones). Blue Handworks makes all kinds of cute chime sets - I like the one with red chili peppers too!

Taken with You (Kowalskis)
Taken with You (Kowalskis)
by Shannon Stacey
113 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Charming romantic comedy!, August 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Hailey is single and about to hit 40. She could wallow in self pity for not finding Mr Right and havng babies like her friends or embrace her singleness. She chooses to embrace! While on a backwoods adventure, she and friend Tori get separated from their group and get lost. Enter wooly game warden Matt, who is just ending his own solo backwoods adnture and offers to help get them back. He and Hailey clash from the moment they lay eyes on each other, happy in the thought that they will never see each other again. Then he shows up as the new game warden in her hometown... and her next door neighbor, and looking much sexier than the hairy man that emerged from the woods. Shoudl she take another chance on romance?

I love Shannon Stacey novels, and she never seems to tire of material in the Kowalski seriers. She always writes about characters that younwoudl want to call a friend, often adding plenty of humor to keep the pace of the story moving swiftly. If you are new to her novels, you might want to check earlier titles, because there are numerous books in the series and you may find yourself getting a little lost as characters come and go,

My Mother Has 4 Noses
My Mother Has 4 Noses
Price: $14.98
30 used & new from $8.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible singer-songwriter!!, July 10, 2014
This review is from: My Mother Has 4 Noses (Audio CD)
My brother and I used to share a "song of the week" several years ago, and he turned me onto Jonatha Brooke, as well as the Story. I have been an avid fan since.

Her latest album contains some very personal songs that she wrote while caring for her dying mother that she eventually turned into an off Broadway show. How she does this and keeps it together is beyond me. They are beautiful and melodic and once you start to really grasp the content, they can be a bit overwhelming. Every song on the CD is fantastic - I never hit the next button! Stand out tracks for me include "Are You Getting This Down" "Sleight of Hand" and my personal favorite is "Time," which is primarily Jonatha playing a kalimba (a thumb piano) with a light strings accompaniment. Having lost an aunt that I was caring for to Alzheimer's the song really resonated with me and brings me to tears.

I wish I could understand the fickleness of people - Jonatha is one of many fantastic singer-songwriters who should be mega stars due to their talent, but for some reason, the public would rather follow those reality show contestants. She is the real deal.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20