Profile for Blakes > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Blakes RSS Feed (New York)

EZ-DUZ-IT 3028 Deluxe Can Opener with Grips, Black
EZ-DUZ-IT 3028 Deluxe Can Opener with Grips, Black
Offered by MANHATTAN_SPORTS
Price: $9.07
22 used & new from $7.86

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad to finally be able to test my new EZ-DUZ-IT ..., July 21, 2014
So glad to finally be able to test my new EZ-DUZ-IT can opener. It's WONDERFUL. Took me a while to give up on the Zyliss and threw it into the trash with pleasure. This one is the can opener of my dreams!

The Love of My Youth: A Novel
The Love of My Youth: A Novel
by Mary Gordon
137 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Find Another Book, May 7, 2011
I mistakenly fell for the review in the New York Times. This book was awful. The characters were not likable and not at all real to me. I cannot imagine people speaking as these two did. Their discussions went on and on, and were so tedious. Reading this was a complete and utter waste of time.

The House Where Isadora Danced
The House Where Isadora Danced
by J. O. Jeppson
Price: $13.93
18 used & new from $13.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Isadora Duncan lore, December 22, 2009
This is an excellent book written by a woman with a great deal of attention to historical detail. Not only vastly entertaining, but I learned things about a fascinating dancer. Do yourself a favor and buy this book!

Coleccion Diamante
Coleccion Diamante
Offered by SONY Music Entertainment Downloads LLC.
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Rondalla Tapatia, September 20, 2008
This review is from: Coleccion Diamante (MP3 Music)
I have two old LPs, Serenata con la Rondalla Tapatia & 22 Voces, 22 Guitarras. Have been looking to buy a CD of this group for YEARS. This is the closest I've come to finding them again! Very exciting - I love their music. Wish RCA would re-issue! Blakes/New York
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 30, 2009 1:30 AM PDT

E Ala E
E Ala E
Offered by Customer Direct
Price: $12.43
69 used & new from $3.91

5.0 out of 5 stars So long, Beethoven!, October 23, 2006
This review is from: E Ala E (Audio CD)
A classical music buff, & up until August had never heard of IZ. In an airport in Botswana, awaiting a plane to Johannesburg (delayed for several hours), I observed a distinguished-looking man, sitting completely relaxed, with a smile on his face, listing to his iPod. Finally, out of boredom I commented about how un-stressed he seemed to be; he promptly passed over his earphones. WOW! It was Iz singing "Over the Rainbow" (a song I am completely and thoroughly sick of!) Of course, his version was familiar and for the first time in years, I loved the song. Unfortunately, I then forgot the artist's name. Thank goodness it came back to me.

Bought this CD at probably the last Tower Music Store in the nation, along with 15 others (all classical) and can't stop playing it. Right now I'm in the process of buying this album for a friend, along with all the rest of his collection.

So long, Beethoven! (Not really, but this is a whole new wonderful addition to my listening life.) I think IZ belongs in every top-notch music portfolio.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 27, 2013 11:34 AM PST

Charles Faudree's French Country Signature
Charles Faudree's French Country Signature
by M. J. Van Deventer
49 used & new from $8.52

5.0 out of 5 stars A Visual Delight!, August 12, 2005
Charles Faudree has captured the warmth and beauty inherent in excellent design. His rooms make me want to walk in the door, sit down, lift my cup of tea and luxuriate in my surroundings. He combines accessories and furnishings with rare aplomb and makes it look as if even I could do it! Especially appealing is the way he brings in other elements - 19th century English transferware, for example. I have traveled the world and collected treasures from all over; it's nice to see the combinations he so tastefully puts together. I spent my last birthday with 7 friends in a chateau in S.W. France. Please Mr. Faudree - Invite me over (but be careful, I may never leave!).

French by Design
French by Design
by Betty Lou Phillips
70 used & new from $3.08

3.0 out of 5 stars Should you buy French By Design?, August 12, 2005
This review is from: French by Design (Hardcover)
I just did. The homes & rooms featured in this book indicate that money is no object and these homeowners want you to know it. Subtlety is non-existant. Rooms are very "we had a decorator & we spent a LOT". Most items looks too new, too ruffled, smocked, tucked and otherwise adorned. HOWEVER, if you can get past the pictures & READ THE TEXT- Phillips has a lot to say that is excellent. She lists sources & frequently shares fascinating comments on everyday details of French style (who knew about brass hardware vs brushed nickel?). If you read; buy it. If you look only at photos, don't! Charles Faudree is much better in the genre in my opinion.