Profile for sarany > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 33

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

sarany RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Cuisinart GR-11 Griddler 3-in-1 Grill and Panini Press
Cuisinart GR-11 Griddler 3-in-1 Grill and Panini Press
Price: $49.00
23 used & new from $49.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great grill at a great price, September 19, 2014
I bought this to replace my GF grill which I had for years. It was one of the originals and while it worked well, cleaning it was not fun. Thank goodness for removeable grill plates! So much easier and with a ridged sponge made specifically for the ridged grill plates, I can get every bit of it spotless.

I haven't made any paninis yet but so far I have grilled chicken, beef, veal, fish (just be careful with thin fillets... they cook SO quickly) and potatoes. Everything comes out delicious and even my very picky father seems to enjoy what I grill, especially the steak and burgers. I'm looking forward to experimenting with other foods.

It is a good size for two people and, having run out of counter space, I'm glad that it sits nicely on top of my stove.

I think this is a great buy for the price. I know it will get a lot of use in my house.

The Jewish 2014-2015 Engagement Calendar: Jewish Year 5775
The Jewish 2014-2015 Engagement Calendar: Jewish Year 5775
by The Jewish Museum New York
Edition: Calendar
Price: $11.66
28 used & new from $10.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful engagement book and calendar, September 1, 2014
I opted for the portability of this engagement book rather than a wall calendar this year and it was definitely worth it. The book has one page per week with plenty of room for writing in appointments, birthdays, etc. It also includes Torah readings and at the back of the book you will find information pertaining to the Jewish holidays as well as their dates through the year 2028. I also like the fact that information is provided for Israeli national holidays. Shabbat and holiday candlelighting times are provided through December 2015. And, of course, there are interesting photos of items from the collection at the Jewish Museum. It really is much more than just a calendar.

2015 Jewish Art Calendar by Mickie (16 Month, Begins Sept 2014)
2015 Jewish Art Calendar by Mickie (16 Month, Begins Sept 2014)
Offered by Caspi Cards & Art
Price: $14.99
2 used & new from $14.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and useful, September 1, 2014
As always, Mickie's art is beautiful and I appreciate the fact that candlelighting times are conveniently placed at the bottom of each month's page.

Kingdom Chronicles HD
Kingdom Chronicles HD

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful time/resource management game, June 16, 2014
This review is from: Kingdom Chronicles HD (App)
If you ever played Kingdom Chronicles on your PC and wonder if this version is as good, the answer is yes. Actually, if you prefer a touch screen to mousing around, it is better. Everything is the same... the graphics, music and gameplay. I am grateful, too, that the game's creators did not modify it into a game that nickels and dimes you to death (unlike some other game producers). You pay for the game and you play it (after you play a few levels for free to see if you like it). The only additional expense is for the extra levels where you play as the baddies. If you have played those levels on your PC, you may not feel the need to pay $1.99 to play them here.

If you have never played the game before, it is a time and resource management game. You collect your resources, construct buildings and complete special tasks like retrieving magic crystals. Depending on how quickly you complete a level, you receive either gold, silver or bronze. You can replay any level.

Certain levels can seem impossible to beat in gold time because you have to vanquish so many enemies but here's a tip... the enemies don't appear until after you have built the barracks so try to put off doing that as long as you can. Collect your resources and build your buildings as much as you can first (especially if you need to upgrade the barracks itself for the level... try to have the resources needed to do that so you don't have to wait to upgrade). You may want to restart a level to get the timing right but once you do, you should be able to get gold on all levels.

This is one of my favorite games of this genre. It is just so well done. Even the music (music in games usually annoys me) is appropriate for the game.

It plays very well on my Kindle Fire HD 7" (first generation).

My only complaint is that I'm still waiting for Kingdom Chronicles 2.

Enjoy!

Real Einstein Riddle
Real Einstein Riddle

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs a little work, May 19, 2014
This review is from: Real Einstein Riddle (App)
I enjoy doing these logic puzzles and this is a fairly decent version. It works well on my Kindle Fire HD 7". The user interface is good. The graphics are decent.

I do have two issues with it though. First, as other reviewers have mentioned, when you select an object in one box, it should automatically be removed from all others.

Second, and this one is more important to me, there are too many redundant and useless clues. By that I mean that if you tell me, for example, that the American is wearing a baseball hat in clue #1, there is no reason to tell me in clue #8 that the American is not wearing a feathered hat and in clue #9 that the American is not wearing a graduation hat. Both of those facts were already established in clue #1. All this does is slow the game down and when you are playing against a clock, you don't need to be reading through useless clues.

If the game's creator ever fixes these issues, I will gladly add stars to my rating.

ES File Explorer
ES File Explorer

5.0 out of 5 stars Expands my Kindle Fire HD capacity to 320GB, May 16, 2014
This review is from: ES File Explorer (App)
I have been using ES File Explorer for a few years now on both my Samsung Galaxy Exhibit and my Kindle Fire HD but it wasn't until recently that I really came to appreciate just how useful it is.

As other reviewers have mentioned, if you are familiar with Windows Explorer, then you can guess what to expect from this as a file explorer. However, it can be used for more so much more.

I have been scanning a lot of documents to keep on my Kindle and was running out of space. I have everything backed up on a Seagate FreeAgent external HD and decided to see if I would be able to access what was on there by plugging the HD into the USB port on my router. I opened up the LAN screen in ES File Explorer, hit "Scan" and voila! It found the HD and I can access everything on there! That basically expands my Kindle from 32GB to 320GB. I can also easily move files back and forth by doing copy/paste between the LAN harddrive screen and the Local screen (for the Kindle). I can even watch movies and TV series stored on the HD. AND if I connect the Kindle via HDMI to my TV, I can watch what is on the HD on my TV.

The LAN screen also makes it a breeze for me to send files back and forth between my phone and Kindle (just make sure the app is open on both devices).

On my rooted phone I can do even more with the app but what makes me very happy is having access to 320GB of data on my Kindle and being able to access the HD and move files without having to turn on my laptop. Of course, until I get a wi-drive, I can only do this at home with my router but it is still major for me.

5 stars for this free app!

How to Draw: All Lessons Free
How to Draw: All Lessons Free

1.0 out of 5 stars Could have been useful, July 16, 2013
It's a shame that the developer took what could have been a useful teaching app and turned it into a piece of garbage. I should have taken a closer look at the permissions before I downloaded it. The only reason an app that teaches you to draw needs all of those permissions is so they can push ad after ad after ad at you. Every single time I clicked on something, another box popped up telling me to join a singles' site or buy a phone or whatever.

Not only that but the 30-second download time is a joke. When you run the program for the first time, you will find a good portion of your storage space eaten up by another huge download. If you delete the app as I did, you will not regain that space unless you go into your files and manually delete what the app leaves behind. Or, you could just leave the files and use the images to teach yourself to draw without actually having the app and its ads on your device anymore.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 8, 2013 10:25 AM PDT

Essential Oils Guide for Skins
Essential Oils Guide for Skins

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money, May 4, 2013
I downloaded this when it was free and I still won't keep it. There is no way to tell from either the title or the preview that the only oils covered are lemongrass, neroli and rosemary. The information provided can easily be found elsewhere and in a much more readable style. The English here is very awkward. Sorry, but it's not even worth $1.99.

MARVELOUS MATZAH RECIPIES!: Enjoy Eating Matzah Any Day With These 10 Simple, Delicious Matzah Recipes That Will Get Your Taste Buds Hungry For More! (Lucious Linda's Easy Recipies Book 3)
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but could be better, May 2, 2013
The recipes look interesting and easy to make. The formatting is good. I like the author's style.

I do have to deduct one star because of the table of contents. "Marvelous Matzah #1", "Marvelous Matzah #2", etc. is useless to me, not only when looking for a particular recipe, but also when I click on "Click to Look Inside" before downloading. If the book hadn't been free, I wouldn't have downloaded it simply because I had no idea what kind of recipes were inside. Hopefully, the author will take this as constructive criticism and provide actual tables of contents for future books.

In case anyone wants to know before downloading, following are the recipes:
La-la Matzah Lasagna
Coconut Chocolate Chip Bars
Bubbe's Matzah Apple Pudding
Luscious Lemon Cheesecake
Cranberry Apple Burst Muffins

There is also a recipe for making your own matzah (not kosher for Passover).

Metra 70-1720 Radio Wiring Harness For Honda/Acura 86-98 Power 4 Speaker
Metra 70-1720 Radio Wiring Harness For Honda/Acura 86-98 Power 4 Speaker
Price: $4.93
87 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Simplified installation of radio, April 1, 2013
I purchased this to help with the installation of the Kenwood KDC-152 radio in my 1995 Honda Civic DX. With the snipped plastic ends that come right off and the color coding, it was very easy to match up the harness wires with the radio wires. I purchased screw-on crimp covers which also simplified the installation process. It was completed very quickly. Definitely worth the money.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4