Profile for Jeff Stull > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jeff Stull "J Stull" RSS Feed (Virginia)

The Washington Post for Kindle (Ad-Free)
The Washington Post for Kindle (Ad-Free)
Price: $11.99
2 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Now actually reading the paper, July 4, 2008
I subscribed to the paper edition of the Washington Post for many, many years. But several years ago I finally decided to stop delivery. I just found that the paper generally found its way to the recycle pile without having had much more than a glance at the headlines on the front page and a maybe few of the sections.

When I got my Kindle earlier this year I took advantage of the 14 day free trial and have been a happy subscriber ever since. It is very convenient to read in many situations where reading the print edition would be awkward or inappropriate. I find scanning the articles much easier to do on the Kindle than the paper edition.

My new morning routine involves quickly scanning the article list for each section and if it looks interesting I open the article and then bookmark it. Then throughout the day when opportunities arrive, I can go back and read the bookmarked articles. The only drawback with that is that all the bookmarks are named "next article".

I didn't realize how attached I had gotten to my Washington Post e-delivery until I was in an area without Whispernet access and missed a few days.

A few additional things that I would like to see: a few photos would be nice, the weather section (I enjoy looking at the worldwide highs/lows and forecasts), the Sunday Book section best seller lists (I think most Kindle owners are into books), and what can I say, the one section I used to read most frequently, the comics.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 4, 2008 8:01 AM PDT