ARRAY(0xa27b5a44)

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Serendipity RSS Feed (Portland, OR)

Keeper of the Flame (Dragon Knights)
Keeper of the Flame (Dragon Knights)
Price: $4.24

3.0 out of 5 stars I normally love this series..., March 17, 2013
I do love Bianca D'Arc's stories - they are true entertainment and, oh my, so hot! I really wanted to like this book. The story sounded intriguing and Hugh was introduced very well - a sexy, mysterious yet truly kindhearted man (this is fiction after all). However, no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't get past the female lead and haven't made it past the first 1/3 of the book (so to give Ms. D'Arc her due perhaps she gets more like able). I found Lera to have little to no redeeming qualities and thought Hugh's character deserved somebody better. If you can get past Lera's character then you probably have a good story on your hands.

Beware SPOILERS -
In her first scene, Lera puts a compulsion spell on Hugh's little orphan gryphon and unnecessarily practically "rapes" Hugh's mind- she doesn't even feel guilty after being caught. Even Hugh doesn't like her but finds her irresistibly attractive (basically she is a big B but its ok because she is hot). Lera is also pretty inconsistent, she goes from a complete panic about being followed to then coldly killing her assassin (now don't get me wrong, I love a kick-a$$ heroine but Lera did not come across that way). After behaving so haughtily to Hugh, she ends up trusting him implicitly and then literally throwing herself at him. She spends a good 2 and 1/2 pages talking Hugh into bed. She is supposedly a gryphon guardian, yet she's only half hearted about Hugh's little orphan and whenever she does think about the orphan, it seems pretty contrived and false.

The Original MuckBoots Women's Southfork Boot,Olive,11 M US
The Original MuckBoots Women's Southfork Boot,Olive,11 M US
Offered by Shoe Summit

4.0 out of 5 stars Great rain boot, February 25, 2012
This is a great rain boot, I have two large dogs who like going for long walks even in the rain so this boot is a lifesaver. And in my opinion, it looks cute too. Why not five stars then? I did buy one size up from my normal shoe size based on previous reviews and the ankle area is a little snug, so putting these boots on and taking them off is not as smooth as I would like, especially when wearing thicker socks. Plenty of room in the foot once I get them on though.

Day At The Beach
Day At The Beach
Price: $9.99
14 used & new from $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Novel gift idea, February 25, 2012
This review is from: Day At The Beach (Toy)
Keep in mind that this is tiny. But it was very cute and an original gift idea. It was well received by friends who are true beach goers.

Growing Up Green Wood Step Stool, Natural
Growing Up Green Wood Step Stool, Natural
Price: $30.96
4 used & new from $30.92

3.0 out of 5 stars Very cute, but too small for my needs, February 25, 2012
This was a very cute stool, but much smaller than I envisioned. I bought it as a stepping stool for my older dog, but it was way too small. I ended up giving it away to a friend who has a toddler.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 23, 2012 1:00 PM PDT

Witch in Wolf's Clothing
Witch in Wolf's Clothing
Price: $0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't believe the hype..., February 25, 2012
I don't normally write reviews, but in my opinion this book was not well represented by the previous reviewers and I wish someone had written this for me before I bought this novella. It was plain awful, embarrassingly so. I bought this book based on the previous good reviews. I saw this was a new author and thought you never know when you might find a gem. This novella had little to no character development, the female lead acted like a harlot, especially since she basically jumps the male lead character about 5 minutes after meeting him. There were too many one liners and quips which weren't relevant and some didn't even make any sense. To top off the list, there was little to no editing, for example "no" was used instead of "know". Overall, not at all impressed.