Profile for Eric Hobart > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 264

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Eric Hobart RSS Feed (La Center, WA United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
National Geographic Traveler: Australia, 5th Edition
National Geographic Traveler: Australia, 5th Edition
by Roff Martin Smith
Price: $19.81
59 used & new from $14.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Maintains the standards of the series, June 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've always thought highly of the National Geographic travel guides, and this version - Australia, 5th edition - is another superb entry into the series.

Although I haven't looked at previous versions of the Australia book, I especially like how Nat Geo has so many amazing photographs & tips for what to do/see, since that's what traveling is all about.

This is absolutely one book I will take with me when I travel to Australia - I just think it's fantastic & well worth purchasing/reading.

Finish Powerball Tabs Dishwasher Detergent, Power and Free, 17 Count
Finish Powerball Tabs Dishwasher Detergent, Power and Free, 17 Count
Offered by Junebug Logistics
Price: $9.00
3 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm, February 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I know - dishwasher soap. Not exactly an exciting item, but very important to ensure that the dishes are clean, and we know that hot water doesn't get them clean by itself.

We have a brand new dishwasher (installed January 2014), and we've found that certain types of dishwasher soap (especially the ones in the plastic packages) don't dissolve well in this particular machine. These, however, work exceptionally well - they're the right size for the soap compartment, and they fully dissolve, leaving the dishes sparkling clean.

I think we've found the right soap for our dishwasher going forward...

Dynamic Posing Guide: Modern Techniques for Digital Photographers
Dynamic Posing Guide: Modern Techniques for Digital Photographers
by Clay Blackmore
Price: $22.55
47 used & new from $18.30

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice book, but slanted..., December 31, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When I selected this book, I was looking for a way to better understand how to pose my subjects - be they models (who usually have a good amount of experience posing) or amateurs (who rely on me, as a photographer, to create flattering poses).

Since I have primarily worked with women in the past, I didn't find this book as helpful as I had hoped - I'm a somewhat experienced photographer, but this book is aimed mostly at someone looking for ideas on how to properly pose women to make them look good. Naturally, as photographers, we are concerned about making our female subjects look as good as possible, since they are very critical of themselves (and they're often the person who purchases the images).

I wish the book had more ideas for posing men - when working with couples, I find it easy to pose the female, but not the male, for the image. That's the key reason I picked up this book, so I was a bit disappointed. However, if you're looking for a good book on posing women, this is a nice resource to have at your disposal.

Yoga for Runners
Yoga for Runners
by Christine Felstead
Price: $16.06
58 used & new from $11.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book - and it gets results, December 31, 2013
This review is from: Yoga for Runners (Paperback)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've considered trying yoga for quite some time, but I never really had the impetus necessary to implement it into my workout routine. After receiving this book, I realized that yoga isn't just a rest/relaxation type of activity, but it also helps strengthen the body.

I immediately started to practice some of the yoga poses shown in this book & have already started to feel better - it helps in between my long runs to relax the muscles and reduce some of the tension & lactic acid that I've built up during the run.

I only wish that I had realized the health benefits of yoga before now, but I have this book to thank for getting me on the path of a "healthier me".

Family Tree Maker Deluxe
Family Tree Maker Deluxe
Price: $55.72
6 used & new from $46.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous upgrade to previous versions, December 25, 2013
This review is from: Family Tree Maker Deluxe (CD-ROM)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
At first blush, I thought that this upgrade was primarily to the user interface (and it did indeed get a well deserved overhaul), but it seems now that this upgrade also adds new functionality to the product that wasn't previously present (maybe I've just found it, but I really like these new to me enhancements).

* An icon that shows the "direct line" back to the primary user
* Nice integration with the Ancestry online service - including links to see that data (subscription required)
* New reports/charts

Overall, I really like this version & have enjoyed entering more family details in as I learn more about my family history. I highly recommend this product to anyone that is interested in genealogy and the study of your own family's history.

Bellies and Babies: The Business of Maternity and Newborn Photography
Bellies and Babies: The Business of Maternity and Newborn Photography
by Sandy Puc̕
Price: $24.62
50 used & new from $18.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Incredible book - well worth reading if you're interested in photographing newborns, November 21, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When I first picked up this book, I knew that I needed to know more about the subject material, since I haven't worked that much with the younger set (save my own children).

As other reviewers have mentioned, the images in the book are amazing & inspirational - Sandy Puc obviously loves her work and she does a fantastic job in providing awesome portraits of young children.

This is indeed a valuable book for anyone interested in the business of photographing newborns - it's a very impressive work.

Fisher-Price Disney's Jake and The Never Land Pirates: Jake's Magical Tiki Hideout Playset
Price: $32.00
26 used & new from $25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy for stimulating a child's imagination, November 21, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My six year old son has gotten many hours of enjoyment out of this toy.

Primary benefits: Recognizable characters, so the kids feel a sense of being with those characters. Stimulates imagination; my son comes up with all sorts of incredible story lines when playing with this toys.

Primary drawback: Some of the pieces seem to be connected and should be removable, but aren't actually removable, thus causing the child to break.

Uncle Milton Wall Friends Jake and the Never Land Pirates Talking Room Light
Uncle Milton Wall Friends Jake and the Never Land Pirates Talking Room Light
Offered by Xcess Limited
Price: $7.25
17 used & new from $7.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for youngsters - not just pre-schoolers, August 29, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My son, age 6, is the sole reason I obtained this product & am writing this review. He has enjoyed watching Jake & the Never Land pirates ever since Disney introduced the characters several years ago.

Although he is now a first grader, he still enjoys the message & the programming from the Jake series, and he was very enthused about this item being hung in his room as new wall decor. It was very easy to install, and he now has his own "remote" that he can use with the product.

There are several different phrases, and two different light levels available with the product. I have not, however, found any sort of volume control.

My son greatly enjoys having Jake in his bedroom, and I would recommend this to anyone with a youngster that is enamored with Jake of Disney fame.

Lens on Life: Documenting Your World Through Photography
Lens on Life: Documenting Your World Through Photography
by Stephanie C. Roberts
Price: $22.46
42 used & new from $15.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Are you intrigued by Documentary Photography?, August 15, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you either want to understand or get engaged with documentary photography, this is a great book for you. I enjoyed reading the book, though the concept of documentary photography was rather foreign to me.

In reality, the fact that documentary photography was foreign was quite a shock to me - I thought I knew what it was, but this book really opened my eyes and helped me to understand the concepts behind documentary photography and how it applies in today's world (as opposed to more artistic photography).

I enjoyed the book, and I would highly recommend it to anyone that is interested in understanding this topic.

Fisher-Price Imaginext Super Friends Batcave
Fisher-Price Imaginext Super Friends Batcave
Price: $29.99
29 used & new from $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for my 6 year old son, August 15, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I acquired this toy with the intent of giving to my son as a gift, but he saw it before I got it in the door and wanted it right away. He opened it, and hasn't stopped playing with it since.

The only challenge I have with this toy is that the instructions for syncing it up to the IPhone app aren't as clear as I would like them to be - I spent what felt like far too much time trying to sync it while he wanted to play...

The toy is very durable; it does spur his imagination, and it fits well with the rest of the "Batman" family of toys from Imaginext.

If your child likes Batman, this is an excellent choice - it's a bit pricey, but not too bad. Highly recommended - watch your child take their imagination to the next level as they try to merge this with some other imaginext toy like the space shuttle or a dinosaur.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20