Profile for Olin Gay > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Olin Gay RSS Feed (Cambridge, MA USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Xbox LIVE 1600 Microsoft Points [Online Game Code]
Xbox LIVE 1600 Microsoft Points [Online Game Code]

5.0 out of 5 stars Easiest way to get MSP, October 10, 2012
Especially when the price falls below $20 for 1600 points, the online codes are the easiest and best way to add to your Microsoft account. Really not much else to say, no hesitation redeeming digitally from now on.

Kata D-Light Grip-12 Holster (Black)
Kata D-Light Grip-12 Holster (Black)
Price: $32.64
3 used & new from $25.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bag for travel, but you better pack light, August 31, 2012
I just bought a Nikon d5100 with the base lens, and this bag is the perfect fit. I actually sneak the battery charger in here too when I throw it in the car, but even that is pushing it. This size will only work if you know you're bringing one lens, a cleaning cloth, and an extra memory card.

Though it's light on space, the construction feels solid and the design really works well for a light, over-the-shoulder bag. Got this on a recommendation and I'll pass it along as one; if you want to travel light with your camera at the ready, get this one.

AmazonBasics AA NiMH Precharged Rechargeable Batteries-8-Pack, 2000 mAh (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Holds the charge, saves money, September 8, 2011
These batteries have replaced my older NiMHs that constantly lost their charge. I've used these for about a month, and they continue to hold the charge seemingly indefinitely, whereas the old batteries wouldn't last more than a week before needing a recharge.

What's also great is you can use your old chargers (in my case, Sony brand) to charge the new batteries. Easy drop-in replacement at a great price.

Mediabridge 3.5mm Male To Male Stereo Audio Cable (4 Feet) - Step Down Design
Mediabridge 3.5mm Male To Male Stereo Audio Cable (4 Feet) - Step Down Design
Offered by Mediabridge Products, LLC
Price: $8.99
8 used & new from $3.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fit for iPhone case, loose cap after frequent use, July 14, 2011
It's very difficult to find cables that fit the iPhone with a case over it. This cable does exactly what it claims to, easily clearing my fairly thick case and allowing me to play music/podcasts in the car. Functionally, it's great, and I've had no issues with sound quality when plugging in to a Sony CD deck.

However, after continued use in my car for about 6 weeks, the caps on the end of the cable have become loose and do not seem to tighten easily, or even when I have gotten them tightened, they loosen again after a few days. Still, these caps won't damage the cable if they're loose, and I still hear no static when using it, so it doesn't prevent me from giving the purchase a solid 4 stars.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 18, 2013 7:42 AM PDT

AmazonBasics Digital Optical Audio Toslink Cable - 6 Feet (1.8 Meters)
AmazonBasics Digital Optical Audio Toslink Cable - 6 Feet (1.8 Meters)
Price: $7.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Affordable Toslink Cable, Great Performance, July 14, 2011
I'm using this cable in combination with a 2nd-generation Apple TV connected to a Sony Receiver. Sound quality (both for music and videos) has been great, including when used with XBMC on ATV. For that application, this cable was required as audio did not always pass-through properly over HDMI.

The price was the best I found. Only complaints are around the length of the cable (be sure your devices are close to your receiver to use this) and the cable staying connected (it fell out once without much prompting from me, so I more firmly pushed it in to the ATV connector and haven't had any issues since). Still a five-star product, and the Amazon packaging is an added bonus. I have no qualms recommending this and other Amazon-branded cables.

GOgroove FlexSMART Sp Advanced Car Mount System with NEW Signal Intensifying FM Transmitter and USB Charging Port - Works For Apple iPhone 3 , 3GS , 4 , 4S / iPod Touch , Classic

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fit w/iPhone 4, No Need to Remove Case, December 8, 2010
After getting frustrated with leaving my iPhone 4 sitting on a seat or cup-holder, I jumped on the FlexPort+ when it was on sale for $20. For commuters, this thing is a lifesaver because you can leave your case on the phone and squeeze the sides of the mount to "lock" it in place. All the dimensions of the meant adjust to fit the phone, and with the latest iOS 4 update, one plug chargers and plays back the phone over the selected radio station. Only performance issue I've seen is some static, but that's to be expected (especially in cities).

I can't comment about how well the mount works with other devices, but for the iPhone 4, this is probably your best bet for your car.

Labtec VERSE 333 MON MOUNT MIC ( 980184-0403 ) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Labtec VERSE 333 MON MOUNT MIC ( 980184-0403 ) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Skype without the headset, November 30, 2009
This little mic is working great with Skype and desktop speakers for voice chat. I had a cheap headset that was a pain to take on and off for calls, so I found this replacement to sit on the desk. It picks up my voice very well once positioned correctly, and listeners say they here minimal background noise.

For the purchaser, remember that positioning is important. You can't point external speakers at the mic, or your listener will hear significant feedback. This is not the fault of the mic. Also, getting this a little bit away from your keyboard may help if your a noisy typist; it's sensitive enough that hard keystrokes may drown out your voice if you're multi-tasking on a call.

Overall, a great solution when you need an easy and cheap microphone solution. I would definitely recommend this over your standard headphones+mic setup.

Linksys WRT54GL Wi-Fi Wireless-G Broadband Router
Linksys WRT54GL Wi-Fi Wireless-G Broadband Router
Price: $49.99
119 used & new from $24.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Best DD-WRT Linksys available, October 26, 2009
This is the third Linksys router I've purchased and the second of this exact model. Unlike the old 54G model, this has more memory and can easily handle some larger versions of the DD-WRT firmware, although I prefer leaving the micro on for speed. Loading DD-WRT is as easy as pressing "Upload" in the web interface after reading some instructions, and the results could not be sweeter. The 54GL handles P2P, Hulu, other streaming sites, and gaming without skipping a beat. Most notably (and specific to this model), I've had no issues with needing to reset the router on occasion, which is common for Linksys routers. This model can stay up for 30+ days without a power cycle, which really increases the ease of use for people who want to hide it away in a closet. Wireless range is good to very good, and as a customer, I couldn't be happier.

Do yourself a favor if you are using multiple applications on your broadband connection: get this router, and then go get DD-WRT.

IOGear Bluetooth Wireless Audio Transmitter GBMA211
IOGear Bluetooth Wireless Audio Transmitter GBMA211

4.0 out of 5 stars Great functionality, strong signal, April 13, 2009
I've tried out quite a few bluetooth transmitters, both for my Vista PC and for my stereo. This IOGear device had a much stronger signal, which has helped in being able to wirelessly enjoy music and movies. There is a slight delay, and that can worsen depending on your distance from the source, but this has been the case with all bluetooth devices that I've tried, so I did not rate this product down because of it.

The only gripe I have with this device is that it cannot charge and transmit at the same time. This is only a minor annoyance, as I tend to listen a few hours at a time. Charge the item when you're not using it, and then unplug and play until you are done, then charge again.

On the plus side, it's had great battery life (better than my bluetooth headphones), and is very small. Works well with my stereo and iPhone. Recommended.

Canon Battery Charger CB-2LX
Canon Battery Charger CB-2LX
Price: $38.95
20 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect replacement for a lost charger, April 13, 2009
If you happen to misplace the factory charger, this is the exact replacement you need for the cameras listed. There were no flaws in the product, and it came in safe packaging.

The only problem is cost, but I wouldn't use an aftermarket charger so I was prepared to pay for the real thing. If you lose your Canon battery charger, go ahead and order this.

Page: 1 | 2