Profile for Craig M. Strid > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 48

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Craig M. Strid RSS Feed (Rhinelander, WI United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
The America's Test Kitchen New Family Cookbook
The America's Test Kitchen New Family Cookbook
by Editors at America's Test Kitchen
Price: $34.91
45 used & new from $23.71

4.0 out of 5 stars I like the reliability of these recipes, November 30, 2014
I like the reliability of these recipes. I expected that this latest addition was the ultimate update however when I went to look up the recipe for the dissected turkey placed on a bed of stuffing that in roasting pan that I had seen on Cooks County; it wasn't listed in this cookbook. The buttermilk pancake base recipe is outstanding. My boy loves these pancakes sprinkled with Hershey cinnamon
chips. This pancakes have surpassed the wife's traditional Swedish pancakes. When it arrived the first thing I checked was Asian recipes which were rare selections. luckily I have the Cooks Kitchen specialty magazine issue for Asian recipes. So I would suggest if you are a seasoned cook look up what you like to eat the most and see if there are recipes that support the purchase of this book.
I would like to see the test Kitchen address a take out cookbook.

Poulan Pro PP5020AV 20-Inch 50cc 2 Stroke Gas Powered Chain Saw With Carrying Case
Price: $187.60
28 used & new from $180.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This saw for the price performed higher than my expectations., August 14, 2014
I loved cutting with this machine. I ordered a 200RNDK095 bar and the two 72LGXO72G chains from Amazon. One reviewer said that the chains and bars where not compatible that were being sold on Amazon so I contacted Oregon and was advised that with that bar a .375 pitch, .050 and 72 drive link chain would work. I stay away from ethanol gas and soaked my new chain in oil overnight. When not using chains soak them in oil bath. I also added four tbsp Seafoam gas additive to the gas can. I found a 1 1/2 gallon gas can that has an upright push button gate release that works fantastic. My skeptical buddy said he can't believe it a new fangled gas can gimmack that works. The first tree I dropped was a big poplar. When I got done sectioning it the ground looked like snow from the big chips. I couldn't see my boots. When I got home I had sawdust all over me and not excluding in my right ear and pants pocket. This chain is full chisel but I did not have any bucking and it cut like a hot knife through butter. This is one chain that I would not want to make a dumb mistake with. My friend has a big Husqvarna and said that he thought my Poulan had alot of power. Thank You Husqvarna for buying out Poulan and Thank you Oregon for making quality products. I might add to break it in I let it idle for 5 minutes then I ran it at half throttle for about 10 minutes. Make sure after it starts you make sure you let it idle until it warms up before high revving the motor. The idle was fine once the chain and bar went throught the break in. It idled and the chain did not rotate.

Fortified Flax 16 Ounces
Fortified Flax 16 Ounces

5.0 out of 5 stars A product developed by a caring biochemist and nutritionalist., August 10, 2014
This company was started by the late Paul Stit, who was the creator of natural ovens in Manitowoc Wisconsin. His degree was in biochemistry from the University of Wisconsin. He wrote the book. "George should eat his broccoli" which referred to George Bush. He did free substitute school lunch programs serving100% whole wheat, fruits, greens and water and recorded behavior change. He also did studies of flax seed on seniors and recorded improved flexibility. He also helped a bakery in Antigo Wisconsin incorporate flax seed into its baked bread..This product is also an additive for canine and horses. In the book above he did improvement performance studies on a runner that was started on a diet incorporating Fortified Flax Seed. By the way the book was written in resonse to Georg Bush stating that he did not like or eat broccoli. He dedicated his life to the prevention of Cancer and the American Cancer society. His wife worked in prisons and was known to incorporate healthier diets for better behavior.among prisoners.

Sweet Home: Over 100 Heritage Desserts and Ideas for Preserving Family Recipes
Sweet Home: Over 100 Heritage Desserts and Ideas for Preserving Family Recipes
by Rebecca Miller Ffrench
28 used & new from $3.26

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a one of a kind baking book., June 20, 2014
If you where to own one baking book this book that would give you variety and great recipes this would be it.
I grew up with a Swedish mother that loved to fix crisscross coffeecakes. She titled them Swedish. She made them for bake sales and even baked them and delivered them to her ortho doctor to pay her surgery bill. She was a retired registered nurse with no health insurance. They were even titled B's coffeecakes. This last week I made them for the church coffee and used Rebecca.s suggestion for Marmalade/apricot mix preserves with a pinch of nutmeg. Was that fantastic and they were a hit.
Boy was I surprised to see the illustrated recipe for these crisscross coffeecakes in this cookbook with other scandinavian treats.
Last night I just paged through it in amazement of how many recipes that interested me that I would fix and the variety that interested me..

The Gauntlet Runner: A Tale from the French and Indian War
The Gauntlet Runner: A Tale from the French and Indian War
by S. Thomas Bailey
Price: $11.42
29 used & new from $9.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed it thoroughly., June 19, 2014
I'm captivated by the French and Indian period as the author was throughout his youth. He stated that it started with Hawkeye and progressed from their. He stated he lived where the history of the french and indian war took place. I'm also a black powder enthusiast so I read the books review in Muzzlelorder magazine and decided to give it a test run and was not disappointed. Some critics stated it lacked a plot and character development, but all I know is that non fiction of this period are lacking and yet each time I pick it up the book is like sliding on my moccasins and grabbing my rifle and powderhorn to join in the adventure. Reading this book opens my senses to life in the wilderness. I just go with the flow and enjoy the experience of the moment and feel anticipation with each turning of the page. Thomas Bailey I thank you and hope that you continue to write and share your love for this time period in history as I enjoy reading it. My highlight in going to Ontario Canada was not to fish but to visit Fort William with my boys when they were young. We returned home listening to the songs of the Voyagers after experiencing a well rehearsed renactment of a time gone by.

Premium Original Flexfit Wooly Combed Twill Cap 6277 (XXL (7 3/8" - 8"), Dark Gray)
Offered by The Hat Pros
Price: $9.29
3 used & new from $9.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Best fitting and quality made cap, May 8, 2014
This cap is fantastic. I have always wore one size fits all, but this is my first flexfit. I am now spoiled and its the only hat that fits my 7 7/8 hat size. My son always wore flexfit and loved them. I should have payed more attention to his praise for his hat.

Lodge L410 Pre-Seasoned Sportsman's Charcoal Grill
Lodge L410 Pre-Seasoned Sportsman's Charcoal Grill
Price: $94.99
37 used & new from $87.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Winter indoor grilling, March 1, 2014
Up to this point I haven't been able to do much grilling outside because of the sub zero temperature. Well thats all changed and it started when I read of a gentleman that grilled with his Lodge habatchi in his fireplace. I don't use my fireplace because its inefficent. So I cleaned it out and ordered a habatchi. We had so much fun last night grilling in the fireplace and no problem with smoke. I put fire charcoal chimmney in a plastic bag to catch any dust when I fill it using disposible plastic glove.. I then put a homemade fire starter which is just sawdust and parafin wax made in a muffin tin, into a pie tin and ignite it and place the chimney over it. That way I don't have any paper ash. I also used lumb charcoal. I fixed hamburgers with fresh ground chuck from the butcher and they where phenominal. Slice of cheese, Nathan pickle and a soft pretzel bun. Tomarrow is Ribeye cut from the large end so it has lots of marbling. I sat on a piano stool in front of the fireplace with a dog on each side, a cat sitting on the fireplace stoop and my son in a chair. Life is Good.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 13, 2014 9:42 PM PDT

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars I like this item for crushing spices and garlic cloves, January 14, 2014
However I have a rolling pin the wife was throwing away and I will cut it with my chop say and have two choppers, smashers. Otherwise I was looking at a piece of handrail. I totally smash my garlic to release the juice like bobby flay explained on one of his programs. I used to shave it razor thin but like this method better. I even used this the other day for mashing guacamole in a bowl' I was also looking at the bowls used and mashers that I seen used in cuban cuisine, but could not find good reviews for one. Sometimes it sends cloves airborne but I have learned to strike and draw which cuts down on this problem.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 13, 2014 9:43 PM PDT

Propet Men's Blizzard Midcut Boot
Propet Men's Blizzard Midcut Boot
Price: $74.12 - $94.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Three winters and leather cracked open, January 14, 2014
I really like these boots and have had them for three winters. The sole was garenteed for a long time of wear so I expected the sole to go first but now I see the leather split on both boots only on the exterior between the bottom two eyelets on only the inward side . The splits are all the way through to the interior and are approx 2 inches long. Beyond home repair.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, January 13, 2014
These shirts are very comfortable to wear and are very warm to wear. They are to warm if I am to active but if Im sitting watching T.V. or running errands they are very warm,soft and cozy. My handicapped son loves his shirt. He puts it on when he comes home for work to keep warm. It replaced his sherpa lined sweat shirt.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5