Profile for T. Graf > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

T. Graf "Electronics Junky" RSS Feed (Raleigh, NC USA)

Autolite XP5364 Iridium XP Spark Plug, Pack of 1
Autolite XP5364 Iridium XP Spark Plug, Pack of 1
Price: $5.50
12 used & new from $5.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Improved smoothness and efficiency, May 20, 2014
Replaced my old double platinum plugs with these and felt an immediate improvement. Car runs smoother, accelerates a bit better, and seems to be getting better gas mileage (1 or 2 mpg). An inexpensive and easy to install upgrade/repair.

DEA A3003HD Front Right Motor Mount
DEA A3003HD Front Right Motor Mount
Price: $37.29
6 used & new from $30.27

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't last long, May 20, 2014
Installed in my Ford Focus SE Wagon Feb 15th and it failed (blew off the top cap) on May 7th, only 2.5 months later and maybe 4000 miles on it. I'm no mechanic, but the original one lasted 120,000 miles and 12+ years and was replaced as engine vibration was increasing (but no catastrophic failure). Some youtube videos refer to centering the motor well when installing the new mount so as to have the mount not under stress due to misallignment. Not sure if that is the cause, but still seems like premature failure. Payed $150 to replace this failed mount today.

Idiocracy
Idiocracy
DVD ~ Luke Wilson
Price: $9.99
10 used & new from $5.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Glimpse into the future, October 14, 2011
This review is from: Idiocracy (DVD)
This movie is a great comedy, and is also good for people who like movies about possible futures. I watched it years ago and just had to buy it for myself. I often tell friends about this movie because it is funny and because I feel that there is a certain amount of accuracy as to what the movie commedically portrays for our future.

Omron HJ-720ITC Pocket Pedometer  with Health Management Software
Omron HJ-720ITC Pocket Pedometer with Health Management Software
Offered by Quick-Ship Fulfillment Experts
Price: $39.45
25 used & new from $32.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best pedometer I have used, April 23, 2010
This is an excellant pedometer. The pedometer is very accurate and it has a large easy to read screen. I originally bought one of these a month ago and my wife enjoyed it so much that when she lost it after a week, I bought two more (one for both of us). The pedometer comes with a high quality leash that you should use to clip the pedometer to your pants/shirt. The leash will prevent you from bumping the pedometer off while walking/jogging. I was an idiot and didn't attach the leash to my wife's first pedometer, thus why it was lost. My wife and I enjoy comparing step numbers, competing for the highest number, making the pedometer a motivational tool. I also enjoy the very easy to use software which allows you to store all your steps, aerobic steps, fat burned, and distance information on a desktop/laptop computer. The software can have many independent users, so your step data is stored seperately. You can use the software to examine your walking on a daily, weekly, monthly, and annual basis. The software even indicates the number of steps for each hour of the day (useful when you want to know how many steps you did during your 6pm walk). I also use my Omron as a watch, as it has a clock on it.

North By Northwest
North By Northwest
DVD ~ Cary Grant
Offered by Outlet Promotions
Price: $18.88
94 used & new from $1.26

3.0 out of 5 stars Great movie, Bad DVD/unplayable, February 25, 2008
This review is from: North By Northwest (DVD)
The movie itself is excellent, and the way in which the DVD was made as for menu was fine, BUT, there appeared to be a problem with the manufacture of the DVD disc itself.
I purchased the movie and watched it, but right at the middle of the film (during the auction house scene) the DVD would become unreadable, with only bits of sound or a refreshed frame here and there. The unreadable nature continued for all chapters to the end of the movie (thus, the second layer was unreadable, as the first played perfectly). I returned the disc for replacement, and the second DVD had the exact same flaw at the exact same time. Thus, a manufacturing defect. Problem reproduced on 2 DVD players, and in a new computer as well.

Good movie, good menus, bad discs.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 30, 2011 5:27 PM PDT

Uniden DCX750 2.4 GHz Digital Accessory Handset and Charger for DCT75 Series
Uniden DCX750 2.4 GHz Digital Accessory Handset and Charger for DCT75 Series
Offered by V.A.T.
Price: $79.00
7 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent phone, January 11, 2007
I bought 2 of these handsets to go with the baseunit I already had. The speaker phone function is great (very clear, and can pick up conversation from across the room), my wife and I can use it to sit together or move about the room while chatting with family. Also, the fact that only the baseunit needs a phone cord makes this a great phone for internet phone users (VOIP). One phone in the kitchen, another in the bedroom, and the baseunit in the living room with the cable modem.

NOTE: this phone will work perfectly with normal phone service as well.

Finally, the phone has a useful intercom function, where you can page a specific phone (or all of them), and talk to them through the phone (works well if you are working in the back yard and your wife needs to reach you).