Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro
Profile for E. Busch > Reviews

Browse

E. Busch's Profile

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

E. Busch RSS Feed (Detroit, MI USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Bargains Depot (4-Pack) [0.18-inch Rubber Tip Series] Capacitive Universal Stylus with 12 Replacement Soft Rubber Tips - Black/Red/Silver/Blue
Offered by BaseTronics
Price: $7.99
4 used & new from $6.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic stylus for a great price!, December 7, 2015
I don't write many reviews, as there are very few products that make me feel like taking the time to add my two cents worth, especially when plenty of others have already written reviews. I use my tablet all the time (I used to use my laptop, but I'm disabled and sitting for longer than 30 minutes becomes too painful, so once I finally found a tablet I liked and could use easily while lying down or reclining) and while I miss having a keyboard, most of the time navigating the touchscreen with a nice stylus is better for the screen than using my fingers (I do use my fingers sometimes). I have tried a number of different styli, many of them with replaceable tips, and had come to prefer the metal mesh hybrid tips as they tend to glide across the screen better than rubber tips. So I was reluctant to try this one, even with the smaller tip, but it does glide almost as well as a mesh tip (not sure if it's the smaller contact area, different type of rubber, or both) and has enough other positives in its favor that it's now my new top stylus that I will be recommending and may even buy some as Christmas presents for a few people whom I know would appreciate them. Changing the tip is easy and the replacement tips don't take up much room, and are priced just right. Tapping on small screen buttons is much easier now, and I like the side clip.

The only downside is the square piece of metal with a lanyard hole at the top. As a few others have mentioned, I have occasionally picked up the stylus and tapped the screen with the wrong end. Thankfully, my Gorilla Glass screen has not scratched or cracked, but it has made an awful sound when this happens, as it's usually a sharp corner of the metal block that hits the screen. Simply rounding off the top corners of this metal lanyard retention tab/block protruding from the top would look a lot nicer and make accidentally damaging your touchscreen far, far less likely. I know this would increase the manufacturing cost, but I for one would gladly pay $0.50-1.00 more per stylus body to have that part on top rounded off.

Bemis 652NISL 000 Slow Close Round Closed Front Toilet Seat, White
Bemis 652NISL 000 Slow Close Round Closed Front Toilet Seat, White
Offered by ZappySales

5.0 out of 5 stars Commercial Grade Quality for a Great Price!, May 31, 2015
I've installed a lot of different toilet seats over the years, most of them bought at hardware stores. They've all had one problem or another, from cheap plastic that bends and breaks, to solid wood that was hard to clean, to laminated wood that would break or delaminate, and always problems with hardware that comes loose or can't be tightened enough before the nylon nut slips. On my last toilet seat the nylon bracket holding the lid broke on one side, this after the cheap plastic bumpers had split and broken.

I decided to try getting a good and proper toilet seat this time, instead of just buying the best I could find from a limited selection at my local hardware store, I did a lot of searching and browsing and finally decided to give this seat a try. I was prepared to spend as much as $80, if need be, to get a good solid toilet seat that would last, this is the one I've been wanting. It says it's made of molded wood, but it feels like it's more high strength resin than wood. I'm sure there's wood in there, but it feels much more solid and is more sculpted than I expected. It looks and feels like a commercial grade seat you'll find in the bathroom of a fancy motel or restaurant. Not just the nice metal hinges and the hydraulically damped closing, but the shape and finish of the seat and lid, not to mention the high quality rubber bumpers on the bottom of the seat and lid. The top notch hardware, especially the breakaway ends of the stay right fasteners that break off once you've torqued them enough, it removes the guesswork involved in tightening the hardware the right amount. You can still access the remainder of the nut to remove the seat when it comes time (which I expect to be much longer than the previous seats, most of which lasted a year on average, this one I expect to last 4-5 years minimum) or to tighten them if they ever loosen, which I don't expect to happen as it's already gone longer than all the other toilet seats did before they needed tightening or adjustment.

I know this toilet seat won't last forever, but it should last a long time, and when I do eventually need to replace it because the hydraulic damping on the hinges has worn out or the seat or lid wears thin and breaks, or its just gotten worn out and the finish is gone, I'll probably just buy another one of the same, especially if it has lasted 5 years or more and is still working but not looking as nice anymore. I'll post an update when that happens.

XXL Sturdy Hard Shell Headphone Carrying Case, Headset Storage for Travel | Impact Protection for Beyerdynamic, Audio Technica, Sony, Sennheiser, David Clark, AKG & More | Black Ballistic Nylon, XXL - Extra Extra Large
Offered by GOBUDi
Price: $34.95

5.0 out of 5 stars TOO BIG for the Sony MDR-Z7 Headphones, but perfect for the Sony MDR-XB1000 Headphones., May 30, 2015
I originally bought this for my Sony MDR-Z7 Headphones, as it was recommended, but found it too big for them. Thankfully, it's about the perfect size for my Sony MDR-XB1000 Headphones and I'm glad to finally have a good solid hard case for them. The XL is a better fit for the MDR-Z7, or the MDR-XB700 Headphones, which I also have.

Geekria EJB-0034-01 Headphones Case
Geekria EJB-0034-01 Headphones Case
Offered by GeekriaDirect
Price: $28.01
10 used & new from $28.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Sony MDR-Z7 Headphones, May 30, 2015
I was looking for a good case for my expensive new Sony MDR-Z7 Headphones when I came across this case. I had already tried the CASEBUDi XXL case that was recommended in the "customers who bought the Sony MDR-Z7 also bought" section, but it was too big (but a great fit for my Sony MDR-XB1000 Headphones). Since my MDR-Z7 Headphones are closer in size to some of the headphones listed as compatible with this case, and the foam insert was another selling point for me. While not a 100% Perfect fit, it's pretty darn close. The cutouts for the earpads was bigger than needed, and the cutouts for the cords coming off the cups didn't like up, a little cutting with a sharp utility knife fixed the latter, and the former was close enough to hold the headphones very securely. I use the rectangular cutout in the center for my shorter custom cables and enlarged one of the thin cutouts in the bottom corners to hold a small portable amp. It would be nice if they offered a larger one for even larger headphones, and/or to have room for additional accessories, and maybe have some foam in the top too to hold things even more securely, but I could always just buy some foam and cut it to size myself and tack glue it to the lid. Even just a couple inches of foam in the lid would help and not cost that much to include it. Other than those minor suggestions, I'm very happy with this headphone case and heartily recommend it.

WeatherBug - Free Local Weather Forecast, Radar Map & Severe Storm Alerts
WeatherBug - Free Local Weather Forecast, Radar Map & Severe Storm Alerts
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great weather app, May 13, 2014
This is one of the best weather apps I've tried. There are some ads in the corner, but plenty of great features, especially the live lightning tracker map.

The Simpsons: Tapped Out
The Simpsons: Tapped Out
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and addictive game! Please add me , bassmech20608, thanks., April 17, 2014
This review is from: The Simpsons: Tapped Out (App)
New to the game, just started playing a week ago but already booked. I play everyday and am looking for neighborienoos.
Please add me, username bassmech20608, thanks.

Kindle User's Guide 2nd edition
Kindle User's Guide 2nd edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and concise, November 14, 2013
This is my first Kindle and this user's guide really did a great job of explaining how to use it and how e-paper works. I plan to get a Paperwhite for my next Kindle and I hope the guide for it is device specific.

Ramen Fork+Spoon MoMA Exclusive
Ramen Fork+Spoon MoMA Exclusive
Offered by SAKURA..JAPAN
Price: $28.60
6 used & new from $22.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect utensil for eating Ramen Noodles, October 30, 2013
I've long thought about getting a Titanium or Stainless Steel spork, but could never justify the cost (maybe if I got one as a gift though, hint, hint...). I did look at them again after getting a nice Ramen bowl and even a Rapid Ramen Cooker (I ordered direct from the website, but they do sell them on Amazon too) after getting back into eating Ramen noodles, then I thankfully came across this beauty.

Sporks are great for eating all sorts of things, especially if you need pointy tines to pierce and skewer things, but the tines don't have the length needed to grab and drape noodles. This spoon + fork does though, and the bowl is perfect for grabbing a sip of broth, by itself or with some noodles on the tines. The tines can be used to twirl the noodles, either against a spoon or the side of the bowl, but are best used to just hook some noodles and put them in your mouth then slurp up the noodles, much like when eating Ramen with chopsticks (which I do still do sometimes, just to stay in practice).

The price is a bit much, but this utensil is very well designed and made from stainless steel, and since the proceeds are going to the Museum of Modern Art, that makes the cost easier to justify (at least for me it did). If you enjoy Ramen noodles and are looking for an alternative to a fork and spoon or chopsticks, or looking for that perfect "O.M.G.!!!" gift to get a Ramen lover, then get this beautiful work of culinary art.

DualShock 4 Wireless Controller for PlayStation 4 - Jet Black
DualShock 4 Wireless Controller for PlayStation 4 - Jet Black
Price: $47.00
311 used & new from $33.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Best controller so far..., October 30, 2013
First of all, there is no such thing as a perfect game controller. As soon as you optimize things for one type of game and/or one type of player it will be suboptimal for other types of games or players. I have been playing video games since 1977 and have played or owned almost every game system since the Atari VCS 2600. I have used the stock controllers, many aftermarket controllers, and even made and played a few custom controllers and in the few hours since my Dualshock 4 arrived I have held it in my hands, (carefully) opened it and looked at the fabulous internal design, and used it with my PS3. In my short time with it and mentally comparing it to everything else I can honestly say that this is the best, most comfortable joypad so far (the Valve Steam controller is in Beta still, so it will be awhile before this promising looking device is out).

Second, I am not, repeat NOT a fanboy (O.K. I was one in the past, first Atari, then Nintendo, and even championed the ill fated Dreamcast for a bit) and even prefer the X-Box controllers for some games. It was not about placement of the d-pad and left thumbstick, but more that I have big hands and the Dualshock always felt too small for me, the handles too short and the thumbsticks too close together. I did get used to it and liked everything else about it. Thankfully, the Dualshock 4 fixes these problems.

Even putting aside the light bar, touch pad, and speaker (all of which I am looking forward to seeing implemented in interesting and innovative ways) the Dualshock 4 is the most changed, most improved controller since the original Dualshock improved on the original Playstation controller (edit: actually, thinking further back, the SNES controller was a HUGE improvement over the NES controller; which often caused hands to cramp and bruised thumbs, leading to the term "Nintendo Thumb"). In fact, the most interesting change is that "Dualshock 4" appears nowhere on the controller (I guess there was no good place to put the name).

I did take a few pictures if the internals while I had it open and will post some in customer images (there are only 4 #0 Phillips head screws, but there are 4 snaps/catches holding it closed, 2 in front between the thumbsticks and 1 on each side about 1 inch from the shoulder buttons, making it not too hard to open). I may post an update once I've actually used it with my PS4 for awhile.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 31, 2016 8:57 PM PDT

Chromo Inc® Set of 5 Mini-Stylus Pens for iPhone iPad Galaxy iPad Nook
Chromo Inc® Set of 5 Mini-Stylus Pens for iPhone iPad Galaxy iPad Nook

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but mighty .... useful, June 19, 2012
I got these to use with my new smartphone, but they work just fine with any touchscreen, even a resistive one like on some budget tablets or the 3DS. I have used all 5 in rotation and the white one has a different shaped collar around the rubber tip and the retainer plug (the one that plugs into the headphone jack) is black instead of translucent for some reason.

I did wind up giving two of them away as impromptu gifts to one of my nefews and his wife (they had not seen ones like these before, and really appreciated getting them) so I may have to order more soon. I did take one apart (out of my always insatiable curiosity, of course) and these styli are well made and should hold up for a long time (the chrome plated collar seems to be vital in setting up a small capacitive charge, as removing it caused the stylus to stop working with capacitive touchscreens, while putting it back restored proper function).

I got the 5 pack for $2.49, a great bargain, but these are worth $1 each easily (about what one pays for larger quantity packs here on Amazon). I highly recommend these styli, esp if you can get them for less than $1 each.

Page: 1 | 2