Profile for Dave the Painting Guy > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 25

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dave the Painting Guy "Tech Nerd / Oil Painter of Portraits" RSS Feed (Benicia, CA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Rubber Funny Face Pencil Top Erasers (12 dz)
Rubber Funny Face Pencil Top Erasers (12 dz)
Offered by LMC Products
Price: $5.71
8 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Funniest thing ever — but be careful!, June 3, 2015
I cannot stop laughing at these Funny Face Pencil Top Erasers. Really! I am quite the comedy aficionado, and I can tell you these are very funny!

Be very careful, however, as there is an undocumented "bug" in the system (and I tested ALL 144 of them in my shipment): If you are writing with a pencil over as if to write with the Funny Face Pencil Top Eraser, be aware that if you touch your former writing with any of these, your writing will disappear!

I am not kidding.

Kingspec cheap external USB hard drives with 4B USB 3.0 Portable External
Kingspec cheap external USB hard drives with 4B USB 3.0 Portable External

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a USB drive that holds NEARLY NOTHING! Just what I needed!, June 3, 2015
I was looking for a drive that holds virtually ZERO data, because I have an empty folder/directory on my computer which I wanted to back up, and it occupies 3 bytes on my hard drive. While this drive is advertised to be 25% larger than I need — boasting 4B — I cannot find a drive that does less for anywhere near this price!

BlueRigger Premium Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Male to Female Adaptor Cable (15cm) - MacBook Pro/Air - with HD Audio
Offered by BlueRigger
Price: $17.99
2 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Dependable and Affordable., May 30, 2015
I buy these for friends, they are so reliable. They just work VERY WELL.

Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 Channel Network AV Receiver with Airplay (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Clear&Honest
Price: $449.99
34 used & new from $285.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with this purchase., January 12, 2015
Impressed with the ease of use, internet connectivity and auto-balancing of speakers from position to included mic. The unit even identified out of phase speakers in the set-up (reversed polarity with wires). Nice! The power is plenty for my large living room.

Note "Spotify" login feature only works with Spotify Pro (paid), while Pandora works with all Pandora accounts.

Clunky but usable onscreen (on HDTV) controls for the services, so even with Pandora, you'll have to start your HDTV to connect and choose, but no biggie.

Plays audio files from my iPhone 4 connected to the USB port, and also with Airplay. iPad connects easily via Airplay, and I get full multi-channel audio form audio files and movies via Airplay. Coupld not play movies form the iPhone *when connected via the USB port. Again, no biggie. Works fine wirelessly via Airplay.

Kuretake No. 8 Fountain Brush Pen (DP150-8B)
Kuretake No. 8 Fountain Brush Pen (DP150-8B)
Offered by from japan stationery store "origami".
Price: $7.29
120 used & new from $0.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice spring..., January 12, 2015
Really nice flow. Compared to Tombow Dual Brush Pnes, I like this more. Good flex and spring in the bristles.

On Stage CM01 Video Camera/Digital Recorder Adapter
On Stage CM01 Video Camera/Digital Recorder Adapter
Price: $9.95
13 used & new from $9.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Design Flaw, January 12, 2015
Did not last long, but it's inexpensive.

The post that goes from (connects) the tripod plate into the ball is not firmly mounted inside the ball. If the plate is weighted off center, the post will eventually rotate inside the ball and, as in my case, eventually come out. Now it's useless. The manufacturer needs to figure out a new way to attache the post into the ball.

Given that I may have bought an uncharacteristically flawed one, the price is so low as to compel me to try again.

Superior Quality, SUPER HEAVY DUTY 10Ft Lightning Cables for Apple iPhone 5, 5C, 5S, iPad 4 Mini, iPod Touch 5 and Nano 7. 8 pin to USB-3PK (White)

3.0 out of 5 stars To the seller's credit, iPad is not listed among ..., December 8, 2014
To the seller's credit, iPad is not listed among the items with which these work.Something about these, even while used with Apple's own iPad charger base, will not register with the iPad (2013). I will not charge with these cables. I have no idea why, but none of them will. They do, however, still operate as data cables for backing up images, etc. to computer.

The Art of Robert E McGinnis
The Art of Robert E McGinnis
by Art Scott
Price: $19.88
72 used & new from $19.87

5.0 out of 5 stars What a beautiful, crisp clear collection of McGinness' work, December 8, 2014
What a beautiful, crisp clear collection of McGinness' work. People who purchased the paperback novels never got to see the covers this nicely printed. This is incredible!

Pyle PP999 Phono Turntable Pre-Amp
Pyle PP999 Phono Turntable Pre-Amp
Price: $16.01
70 used & new from $12.26

4.0 out of 5 stars Levels on output seem low, but no hum for me., October 23, 2014
Works fine. No hum, as others mention. My Sony turntable doesn't have a ground wire, but the Pyle provides for one. I would ground it to the receiver if there was a hum.

One caveat, the output level is too low. I have to turn the volume up quite a bit higher than my other components, and if I forget and switch to another component, It blasts. I don't know if I am doing something incorrect

Hoppe's 5.56mm/.223-Calibre AR Rifle Brush Multi-Pack (Chamber Brush, Chamber Mop, Bore Brush)
Price: $5.95