Profile for Elizabeth M. Smith > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Elizabeth M. Smith RSS Feed (Dallas, TX)

Page: 1 | 2
Tera's Whey Organic Weight Loss Products, Bourbon Vanilla, 12 Ounce
Tera's Whey Organic Weight Loss Products, Bourbon Vanilla, 12 Ounce
Offered by Etailz
Price: $24.79
18 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars By far the best tasting protein powder out there, May 13, 2014
This as a close to a vanilla milkshake you can get with protein powder. It's awesome.

Pure, simple ingredients, too. No chemicals or artificial ingredients, either. Love it.

Cressi DF 200189 Swimming Nose Clips
Cressi DF 200189 Swimming Nose Clips
Offered by Prime Scuba
Price: $7.99
5 used & new from $3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, January 30, 2014
I found it to be a little too tight the first time I put it on, so I stretched it out just a bit and it works fine. Barely (if at all) noticeable after a hundred yards or so, and it stays put the entire time.

Mizuno Women's Wave Rider 15 Running Shoe
Mizuno Women's Wave Rider 15 Running Shoe
Price: $99.95 - $129.99

5.0 out of 5 stars These got me through an IRONMAN (what more can you ask for?), October 27, 2012
I have been a loyal to the Wave Rider line since 2007, but the 14's made me question my loyalty - I didn't have issues with the higher heal collar but they actually bruised the top of my foot due to the shorter rise (and almost made me drop out of my fall marathon). The 15's have made up for that (I love the fit and proudly wore my 15's during the marathon portion of Ironman Coeur d'Alene) and as long as Mizuno doesn't make another bone-headed mistake like they did with the 14's, I'll be a loyal customer for life.

Mizuno Women's Wave Rider 14 Running Shoe
Mizuno Women's Wave Rider 14 Running Shoe

2.0 out of 5 stars Think before you buy, November 20, 2011
I have run in Wave Rider's for years, owning at least one pair a year throughout the different versions over the years.

Despite reading the poor reviews, I decided to order a pair of WR 14's anyway... and I really wish I hadn't.

I don't have issues with the higher heal that others have mentioned, but I definitely notice the MUCH smaller toe box. Running in these shoes makes the top and arches of my feet cramp with shooting pains after runs over a few miles. They are simply too narrow for my (normal width) feet.

Also, I have had major heel blisters since I bought these as well.

Even though I only have 150 miles on them, I'm going to head to the running store to get fit for a different shoe.

Planters Roasted Almonds with Sea Salt, 21.25-oz. Cans (Count of 2)
Planters Roasted Almonds with Sea Salt, 21.25-oz. Cans (Count of 2)
Price: $18.96
8 used & new from $18.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, great taste, October 18, 2011
These are some of the best tasting roasted almonds I've tried. Saw some reviews mentioning them arriving stale, but that wasn't the case with our order. These almonds make a great quick snack; the only downside is they taste so great they seem to disappear out of the can much faster than other types of almonds we've had around the house. You also can't do much better than the subscribe & save price.

C&E TOOGOO Display Port to HDMI Converter with Audio Adapter
C&E TOOGOO Display Port to HDMI Converter with Audio Adapter
Offered by tesoar
Price: $3.59
38 used & new from $3.10

1.0 out of 5 stars Product broke after first use, October 18, 2011
Adapter "snaps" into DisplayPort. The first time I used it after ordering it, it got stuck in the port and had to be broken apart to be removed from the laptop. I'd seen a review that mentioned someone else having this problem but unfortunately didn't pay enough attention to the warning. Don't make my mistake. Buy a better quality adapter.

Legacy Valley Gluten Free Oat Bran, 48-Ounce Pouches (Pack of 2)
Legacy Valley Gluten Free Oat Bran, 48-Ounce Pouches (Pack of 2)

1.0 out of 5 stars Rancid, bitter oat bran, July 26, 2011
I read a previous review about the oat bran smelling rancid and clicked "buy", hoping it was just a bad batch that she received and that mine would be fine. But unfortunately, that was not the case. I wish I had saved the packaging so I could attempt to ship it back, but I was so excited to have GF oat bran that I poured it all into once big tupperware container.

Not only does it smell rancid, it tastes bitter and awful. I tried soaking it in water overnight before cooking it to remove some of the bitterness, but it still tasted "off". I have eaten a lot of oat bran, both GF and regular, and never has oat bran tasted like this.

I don't like to leave bad reviews, but I really hope no one else makes the same mistake I did.

Legacy Valley, I hope you just ran a couple bad batches. If that is the case, do yourself a favor and THROW AWAY the remainder of those batches.

Murad Oil-control Mattifier SPF 15 Pa++ - 1.7 Oz
Murad Oil-control Mattifier SPF 15 Pa++ - 1.7 Oz
Offered by Pure Essence Health
Price: $24.98
35 used & new from $22.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Miracle worker!!!, March 9, 2011
I have had oily skin for several years now (thank you, adult-hood) and my skin is usually at least slightly shiny 2-3 hours after I put my makeup on in the morning. Sometimes by lunchtime, you could practically see your reflection in it.

I have tried numerous oil-control serums, face washes, moisturizers... you name it. And none of them made a lick of difference. I tried mattifying foundation and oil-control powders - not much of a difference.

And then I tried this product. I didn't have high expectations for it (after as many products as I've tried, you learn to expect to be disappointed) but the first day I used it, I didn't have to touch up with powder until 4 PM, NINE HOURS after I put this product and my makeup on in the morning. I've used it now for 2+ weeks and I'm continually impressed. I put my makeup and this product on this morning and it's now 9:30 PM and I've only barely touched up once and I have no shine.

The texture is a little like Elmer's glue, but I can hardly complain. In fact, it could be putty-like and I would still find some way to spread it over my face - it's that good.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. Murad, please never stop making it!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfect protein powder, but the berry flavor sucks, January 17, 2011
If you're looking for protein powder that tastes like a milkshake, this isn't for you.

But if you're looking for a gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, protein that contains only the best ingredients for optimal health, this is a good product. It features a complete amino acid profile, spirulina (one of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet), hemp and alfalfa sprout proteins, and digestive enzymes, amongst other good-for-you things.

Word of caution: the berry flavor is far inferior to the vanilla and is not for the faint of heart (or stomach, should I say). I will not be purchasing the berry again, but I have bought 2 dozen+ containers of the vanilla over the years.

I would have rated this product 5 stars for the nutrition, but I had to knock off 2 stars for the berry (awful) taste. Go buy the vanilla - it's actually pretty good.

Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes, Refill Pack, 25 Count
Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes, Refill Pack, 25 Count
Offered by AmericaRx
Price: $7.84
48 used & new from $0.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Lazy gal's face wash, January 17, 2011
My mother taught me that I should never go to bed without washing my face, but she didn't tell me what to after a long night out when simply making it to bed is an accomplishment.

Enter these babies. I keep them in my nightstand and when I'm too tired to do my normal ritual, these work just fine. One cloth is moist enough to remove all my face and eye makeup and have enough clean cloth left for an extra swipe over my face. They prevent breakouts and leave my skin soft, which is pretty much all I could ever ask for in a makeup removing cloth.

Page: 1 | 2