Profile for Fallensbane > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 45

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Fallensbane "~Fallensbane" RSS Feed (Franklin, MA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
WWE 2K15 - Xbox One
WWE 2K15 - Xbox One
Price: $39.96
70 used & new from $30.99

1.0 out of 5 stars A rushed out pile for the holidays..., November 18, 2014
This review is from: WWE 2K15 - Xbox One (Video Game)
Just going to post this small nugget of information here...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visual concept director Lynell Jinks confirmed the news that, along with creatable Divas, the options of creatable arenas, championships and narratives through the story designer will not make the cut. These features have been available in previous games and are on the last generation version of the game.

“This decision was extremely difficult, but a necessary one, in order to deliver a more focused and polished game,” Jinks writes. “The primary reason we did not announce these changes earlier is due to the team working until the last minute to retain as many features as possible.”

^ The above is unacceptable. Instead of just delaying the game long enough to add all the content in they are rushing this crapjob out for the holidays. I was willing to accept some missing features such as custom music do to the fact that this game is rebuilt from scratch and the fact that it could be a bit of a hurdle to include the feature at launch.

However hacking out bits of the game that are available on the 360/PS3 version is a slap in the face and stinks of 2k just wanting to rush this out before the holidays. Again I was willing to accept missing features from the game, but not missing features that are available on the other two iterations available. Game is not being opened when it arrives later today and I am contacting amazon.com to receive a refund as well as to send this game back.

Destiny - Xbox One
Destiny - Xbox One
Price: Click here to see our price
123 used & new from $35.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The polish they added since beta is great. Game is a blast to play, September 9, 2014
This review is from: Destiny - Xbox One (Video Game)
The polish they added since beta is great. Game is a blast to play, will update this review as the week goes by.

Van Ness 10-Pound Food Container
Van Ness 10-Pound Food Container
Price: $9.88
20 used & new from $8.67

5.0 out of 5 stars No doubt a solid storage container., February 19, 2014
This is definitely a nice storage container. However If you wanna save some money and have a cat, pick up those large square shaped tidy cat litter buckets. When you finish with the litter wash the inside out real well, dry it and put your pet food in there. Those things also work great for general storage. Have tons of them in the garage and they stack beautifully.

Xbox One with Kinect (Day One Edition)
Xbox One with Kinect (Day One Edition)
Offered by BESTDEAL TECH
Price: $520.00
113 used & new from $329.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Review, November 22, 2013
Got my X1 around Noon today and hooked it up immedietly. I will break my thought down into 'bite sized sections'.

Packaging
Must say I was impressed with the the way everything was packaged in the box. The quality of everything is top notch, everything I. The box seems like it is built to last and that's obviously a plus.

Setup/Installation
Setup was a breeze and there was not a whole lot of excess plastic. To yank off the pieces, that was a big plus as I just wanted to get it up and running. Installation was simple and for the most part took very little time, however one note. In between steps it would show a green background XBOX ONE screen, when this screen popped up it would take a minute or so before it would consider the setup process, it's just a load screen so don't worry if it seems like it is hanging up there, it should be fine just be patient. Getting your live account logged in was simple enough as was the setup for kinnect. The day one patch went pretty fast as well as the final few steps of setup. At the end it shoes you a video ad of the Xbox experience which I was able to skip (already saw it online).

Software/UI
I love the new dash for this console and everything is responsive. Installation of apps and downloaded games is so please enough however it is lacking a few things that can be confusing coming from the 360. No storage section to monitor your HD (its coming in a patch). I didn't notice an account history or an active download section either (downlooad progress can. Be seen under the individual section for the app/game itself. Overall its solid for a launch UI, more utility and bells and whistles are on the way. Not every app is snappable, but the ones that are are working well thus far, I haven't had any issues yet. Snapping between games and apps is amazing and I will severely miss this feature when playing my 360, not to mention just being able to swap between a game and and app and then back into the game without loading the game up again.

Kinnect
The kinnect sensor itself works pretty well. I have only had to repeat myself maybe 1/12 or so times of giving it an order. Speak clear and be sure to give a short pause after initially getting its attention. Example... XBOX (short pause), go to my stuff. I see a lot of videos using the kinnect completely wrong, all but spreading miserformation and doing a disservice to the device. It will! Be interesting to see. What developers do with it down the line and now the software will be improved upon as well. Speaking of heat, my X1 is running cooler than my 360 and its very quiet as well.

Controller
The controller is excellent, sturdy, comfortable and pleasant to look at. I am glad the default option is AA batteries as I have been using recharables for years and won't need to worry about tampering with a controllers insides if the battery were to die. Just replace them with another cheap recharge pack and I'm good to go. The grippy thumbpads are also a nice improvement.

Hardware
The hardware itself is simple, pretty and yes huge. I prefer that though, more airflow is always good and I'm glad the brick is again outside instead of in, once again its more simple to replace a external power brick than an internal one, sure its large but that's a lot of heat NOT In hour console possibly overheating it. Smart move.

Its a great system with a lot of potential, game library is standard for a launch console and if you adopt early you should know what to expect. Once we get some more apps, extra bells and whistles (mp3 from USB, external HD support etc) this is going to be just that much better. Glad I invested in the system and I look forward to a year from now when more games are being designed around it alone and not multigen. I will update this if I feel like anything else needs to be said.

Rival 0.9-cu ft Microwave Oven, Black
Rival 0.9-cu ft Microwave Oven, Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Safety Hazard, November 2, 2012
I am going to keep it short and sweet on this. This microwave is a safety hazard. I have bough two models of this, first the white and then the black. The white one died about a year after or so of having it. That foil plate thing on the right hand side in the microwave started to burn then it started to spark. Turned on, toss and bought the black model.

Treated the black model very well. Was very careful about keeping it clean and all that. 5 minutes ago (around 3 months after purchase) the same thing happened.

Will never buy a another Rival brand microwave again. Do not buy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 8, 2014 8:23 AM PDT

Nestea Sweetened Iced Tea Mix with Lemon, 45.1 oz (Pack of 6)
Nestea Sweetened Iced Tea Mix with Lemon, 45.1 oz (Pack of 6)
Offered by Smile 'n Save
Price: $54.18

3.0 out of 5 stars Tastes Nothing Like Nestea, September 1, 2010
I am a big drinker of these soda brand Iced Tea drinks. I bought this in anticipation of making Nestea at home so I did not have to lug 2-liters back from the store constantly. Well after drinking this I can say this tastes nothing like Nestea. It tastes like every generic brand of Lemon Flavored Ice Tea mix you buy from the store. From what I can tell Nestea just slapped their logo on this and shipped it out to stores.

ow, that said its not bad. I like powdered iced tea mix, but this is clearly false advertising on their part. If you liked powered iced tea mix then you should like this, just don't expect it to taste like Nestea.

3/5 Stars for False Advertising.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Look for something else, February 15, 2007
While the glove does support and keep your wrists from bending to much while granting flexibility there are some issues that need to be worked out.

I found that the ergo beads do not make your wrist more comfortable. Why? Because the beads are not located at the wrist section of the glove. When the glove is worn the bead pouch mostly fills the palm area leaving no beads at the wrist. This makes trying to use a PC mouse a pain and uncomfortable, you cannot get a good grip on it.

It's Itchy. They decided one tag on the outside wasnt enough and added the same tag on the inside as well. The stiching from the tag makes my hand extremely itch. Sure I could probly rip the tag out and solve the problem, but I did not pay 14.99 to have to MacGyver the thing to work well.

If you want a single glove for the hand you do not use your mouse with, this may do the job, if you don't mind an itchy hand. But I would honestly suggest looking for another product.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 20, 2007 12:28 PM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Video Game Adaption Yet, April 22, 2006
Being a big fan of video games and horror/thriller movies in general I was looking forward to seeing this. Just from the trailer and set shots I had seen it looked like it was turning out to be a great film.

After seeing it last night I can say I was not dissapointed. It's been awhile since I played the games but it was amazing just how many little details, camera angles and such I remember from the game that were translated into the movie.

The performers they hired to do the nurses and those other creatures (the ones that look like they are trying to break out of their own skin, its been awhile can't remember their names) did a great job in mimicking the movements of their videogame counterparts. Pyramid Head was also extremely cool and well done.

The only thing I would have changed would be to lessen the amount of screen time for Sean Bean's character and devote more to Silent Hill/Darkness scenes. But I understand that is character was a good way to help viewers who were not fans of the video game understant a bit about the 'Multiple' Silent Hills.

All in all great film and definately the best video game adaption yet. Those who have not played the video games may feel a bit confused about things in the movie, but those who have played the games will likely come out very satisfied.

Silent Hill opened in nearly 3,000 theatres. Let's hope it does well enough for a sequel, this moving is definately deserving of one.

Saving Solace (Dragonlance: Champions, Vol. 1)
Saving Solace (Dragonlance: Champions, Vol. 1)
by Douglas W. Clark
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
44 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Gerard, Sheriff of Solace!, January 26, 2006
I got this book and left it on my desk for a few days (was finishing a different book series). Once I started reading this I couldnt put it down, read through it in less than a day.

The story centers itself around Gerard uth Mondar who was one of the main characters in the Weis/Hickman War of the Souls trilogy. Here we find Gerard has just quit the Knighthood and has a falling out with his father over it. At the same Palin Majere summons him to Solace to be the new sheriff, the old one had recently been murdered. So Gerard has to deal with the normal day to day job of Sherrifing Solace while trying to figure out who murdered the previous sheriff as well as a mysterious accident that happens at the new temple to Mishakel.

All in all a very enjoyable dragonlance novel with Kender, Gnomish inventions (and explosions!). But of course no novel based in Solace would be complete without Otik's Spiced Potato's (they make quite a few appearences).

Get this book today! 5*****

Dungeons and Dragons- Wrath of the Dragon God (Widescreen Edition)
Dungeons and Dragons- Wrath of the Dragon God (Widescreen Edition)
DVD ~ Mark Dymund
Price: $6.84
140 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Much Better than the original, September 10, 2005
I have to say I enjoyed it quite a bit. The hero's consist of a Rogue, barbarian, fighter, cleric and wizard. Some funny moments involving the barbarian and the rogue were great. Special effects overall were fine. Nothing award winning but they did the job.

The traps in the film were good, one in particular I absoletly loved. We got to see what happened when spells don't quite work out the way you expected them to (oh oh).

We got to see more of the MM (Monster Manual) creatures in this one than the original (which was basically just a bunch of dragons).

I got to see my favorite creature cause some havoc (Magmin).

Now to put a rumor to rest. Damador is definately NOT a caster in this film. Though they do not say it outright there is a scene in the movie that hints heavily at this (btw I also have official WotC stats the state Damodar at the time of the original movie to be a lvl 7 fighter). So the rumours that Damodar is a lich/caster are false, though there is a lich in the movie.

Overall I think the movie was far better than the original. I could see plenty of spots for improvement but I think they are finally doing the right thing, seems like WotC's imput in the film was listended to this time.

The special features though few are good.

Rolling the Dice: The cast, director and some others talk about translating D&D to screen. There are also behind the scenes clips of stunts and makeup effects.

The Arc: Gary Gygax talks about the characters of the movie, their roles and what he thought of them. Clips of each character in action are shown in this.

Servant of Decay: This is the DVD-Rom special feature. It is a 20+ page 3.5 adventure set in the WotDG world. The adventure takes place in one of Malek's Vault's.

The Commentary: The commentary is the one feature that is lacking on this dvd. Personally I don't care about Wizards of the Coast ED Starks thoughts on it, I would have preferred to have heard from the cast of the film, from what I saw in the other special features it looked like they had a great time making this!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5