Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS
Profile for scott strachan > Reviews

Browse

scott strachan's Profile

Customer Reviews: 890
Top Reviewer Ranking: 149

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

scott strachan "Scott Strachan" RSS Feed (South Florida)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Price: $29.90
40 used & new from $18.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty cool, May 4, 2016
Length:: 1:47 Mins

This is a pretty cool concept. IT is a bar of rotating LED's that strobe to create a full image (sort of like a laser show) anyway. you can draw on it with an included stylus (it doesnt actually draw but triggers the internal lights) you can create animated images, you can also save your work and play a few included games. My kids were amused and that is a good thing. It does vibrate from the internal spinning thing and that can become annoying. I also wish it included an AC adaptor (it has a port) because I am guessing this will suck up the d batteries it takes. Either way pretty cool and worth checking out

3D Printing Pen, 3D Drawing and Doodle Model Making Arts & Crafts Drawing with PLA Filament, Promote Children's Brain Development, Lightweight Novelty Intelligent Fabulous Gift For Kids (Blue)
Offered by Easy-home
Price: $200.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting concept (full video of setup and use), May 4, 2016
Length:: 1:37 Mins

I saw a demonstration of one of these on a facebook video/advertisement and my mind was blown. This dude was drawing 3 dimensional pyramids. While I didnt expect to be that good this is an interesting product. The video was my first experiment with this and I hope to get better. Basically this reminds me of a glue gun. There is a heating element and an automatic feeder that pulled the plastic filament through making it malleable. You then "write" with it as it comes out and cools. I had trouble with true 3d forms but successfully wrote some cool cursive names on the box that popped right off. My kids were amused and I was too. I am still considering practical uses for this but overall it is pretty cool. In the video I review the setup & use of the pen. Full disclosure this was provided to me by the seller at a discount to review. I hope the video helps. Please leave a comment if you have any questions and I will gladly respond. Thanks!

Ecandy 3.3ft MFI Certified Apple Lightning Cable Quick Charge 2-in-1 Mirco USB Charging Cable Connector for Iphone 6s plus 6 ,ipad,Samsung and Android Smart Phones (black)
Offered by EcandyDirect
Price: $43.99
2 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Double Duty, May 4, 2016
Length:: 1:25 Mins

If you are like me you have a ton of charging cables until you need one. Then there are none around. This is complicated by the fact that I use an I phone and have android devices as well. So I have 2 cables lying around sucking up space, or when it comes down to it, I dont have the right cable. That is why I am a fan of these guys. The dual use cables have an adapter on the end so they can be used for android devices with the micro USB or Apple devices with the included adapter. On this cable the adapter is secured with a small lanyard so you dont lose it (the piece is small. I also appreciate the flat style cable. While it doesn't completely avoid tangles it does help. This is a standard length of 3 feet. Full disclosure this was provided to me by the seller to review at a discount. I hope the video helps!

BATTOP Portable Kids Ocean Ball Pit Pool Tent With Tote Bag for Indoor and Outdoor
Offered by BATTOP
Price: $36.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Ball Pit ( no balls), May 3, 2016
Length:: 2:20 Mins

This is a ball pit minus the balls. It collapses down into a nice small carrying case that is a bit larger than a Frisbee. In the video you can see that it unpacks quite large and has a cute playful appearance. It is constructed of thinner nylon fabric with a flexible metal frame. In the video I struggled with getting it wound back up but with a little practice it wasnt an issue. I am an idiot. I thought this came with balls and was bummed when it arrived without them. I wish the main body of the listing was clear about that but it is noted in the product details so shame on me for not fully reading them. I plan on giving this to my 18 month old neice and nephew once I get my hands on some balls. Full disclosure this was provided to me by the seller at a discount to review. I hope the video helps. Thanks! BTW, I did get it packed away right after I finished the video:)

KING DO WAY Ultralight Portable Folding Outdoor Camping Chair for Hiking Picnic Fishing with Carry Storage Bag OrangeRed
Offered by WonderU
Price: $56.99
2 used & new from $56.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My camping throne (full setup video), May 3, 2016
Length:: 2:33 Mins

I am a cub scout leader and enjoy camping. I have tried a few chairs and have seen a ton. I have to be honest, I was skeptical of these. They seemed overly complex and fragile. Man was I wrong. Recently another adult had one on a trip. and I knew I had to have one. Although the frame looks like a little tent pole they are heavier duty aluminum. This makes them light. They are held together with a shock cord which makes them easy to assemble. Once together you put the chair surface on and although it packs down small it provides full support so you can sit back and relax. There is an integrated pillow which is designed to not take up much space as well. The whole thing packs down into a smaller case with handles and additional tie down straps. I appreciate this so that I can attach it to my backpack when necessary and still attach stuff to the chair if necessary. In addition to using this for camping I intend to just keep this in my car for all those soccer dad moments where you are stuck standing around wishing you had a chair. I really, really like this guy. Full disclosure this was provided to me by the seller at a discount to review. Why? maybe they knew I had been drooling over one for a while. Either way I am glad to have it. I hope the video helps. If you have any questions or are curious how it has held up please leave a comment and I will gladly respond. Thanks!!!

JIAEN SMD 3528 16.4 Ft RGB 300 LED Color Changing Strip Light Kit
JIAEN SMD 3528 16.4 Ft RGB 300 LED Color Changing Strip Light Kit
Offered by TonLong
Price: $12.99
3 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Under Cabinet LIghts (or so many other options), May 3, 2016
Length:: 2:21 Mins

I just remodeled my kitchen and had seen where someone had used these as under cabinet accent lights. I guess there are a number of ways you can use em. Led's are so versatile. This comes in a roll of lights that are in a soft rubbery strip. The strip has 3 tape on one side so you can just peel and stick. Whats crazy is that you have a full 16 1/2 feet but you can just cut these to legnth. Included are the lights, a plug, a transformer box with an electronic eye that works with the remote. The remote is pretty involved for lights but you can switch between a ton of color combinations, change the light intensity, turn them on or off, and even program your own defaults ( I havent figured that part out yet) In the video I go over their function and I hope to post some pics once I get them up. Full disclosure, these were provided to me by the seller at a discount to review. I hope the video helps. Please leave a comment if you have any questions or you just wanna know what the heck I did with them. Thanks!

JIAEN Decorative Led Net Mesh Fairy String Light with 8 Function Controller (Multi-Color)
Offered by JIAEN
Price: $35.99
2 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars LED net light (The video shows them in action), May 3, 2016
Length:: 1:04 Mins

Led lights are everywhere. I am surprised they even sell incandescent holiday lights anymore. I especially appreciate the net style lights because they make setup and breakdown a breeze. You get consistent even coverage without much work. Depending on how much you stretch them out these cover a 6x6 foot area give or take. The led's are multi color between blue, red, and green. In the video I demonstrate some of the different functions and lighting effects that are available just by pushing a button on an in line box. These seem cool and should work out well. Full disclosure these were provided to me at a discount to review. I hope the video helps. Thanks!

LoveS Pressure Washer Spray Nozzle Tips - 1/4 Quick Connection Design 2.5 GPM (5 Pack)
Offered by LoveS
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Spray, May 2, 2016
Length:: 1:25 Mins

A good option for replacement pressure washer tips. My pressure washer gets passed around among family. The tips are pretty rugged but the plastic housing on an old one cracked and it can be tricky to remove and needed to be replaced. These work well. Although printed small each tip has markings that let you know the angle of spray/pressure. In the video I go over the tips but what more is there to say really, they get the job done. Full disclosure these wrere provided to me by the seller at a discount to review.

JJRC H11C LED 4CH 4-Axis Gyro 2.4Ghz RC Quadcopter Drone UFO 5.8G 2MP HD Camera (Blue)
Offered by SKYAN
Price: $49.99
2 used & new from $49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Quad, May 2, 2016
Length:: 2:26 Mins

This is a full feature entry level quad copter. IT includes everything you need to get up and running. Included are the copter, controller, battery, charger, some extra props and a screwdriver for assembly. Assembly was pretty straight forward. Mine didnt include an instruction manual which wasnt an issue for assembly but the use of some of the functions was not completely self explanatory. In the air I had some trouble with the battery compartment opening mid flight but I was able to rig it shut. The camera is neat that you can adjust the angle from the remote. The only thing is that you don't know what you are filming until you watch it. In the video I review the features & controls. Full disclosure this was provided to me by the seller at a discount to review.

AKASO X5C Quadcopter 2.4GHz 4 CH 6 Axis Gyro RC Drone HD Camera Bundle with Battery and Charger
Offered by GW-Store
Price: $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Quad Star, April 30, 2016
Length:: 2:29 Mins

I have had a number of RC toys. Helicopters, kit Planes, boats, cars, etc. I have also had a few different quad copters. This one is among the best of the bunch. It is a great entry level quad copter. I was impressed at what was included. Of course you have the copter and a controller (there is some simple assembly required) but also included is a memory card for the camera, a USB card reader to view your videos with a usb card, replacement blades, and even a tiny screwdriver to help with assembly. Also included is a quad charger that charges 4 batteries at once and 4 batteries. I was skeptical of the video quality but it really is pretty amazing and you can get some super cool shots. I was having some trouble with some of the video files not being recognized by my computer but the ones I got were great. This is stable in the air and flies well but there is definitely a learning curve. I would suggest a wide open space. With a light flying craft there is also a decree of fragility. Don't get me wrong, it is well constructed, but a blow or twist the wrong way would probably not be good. The included charger charges the Lithium Ion battery in about an hour and provides about 10 minutes of flying time. Its a bit larger than some of the tiny quads and remains stable in the air when there is some wind.

My 8yo son was dying to try this and while I think some would be tempted to get this as a kids toy I would suggest against that. This is a daddy toy. Honestly it has delicate and potentially fragile parts and you need someone old enough to recognize that and respect that. That being said he can fly it without difficulty under close supervision. If this gets away from you it could easily wind up in a tree or in my case a lake or swamp.

There are lights on the underside to let you know which portion is the front and rear of the craft even in the dark. The controller pairs easily, has controls for the camera to use video or photos. There is also digital trim controls on the controller to fine tune the craft if it is drifting in the wrong direction. There is a flip button that makes the ship to really cool tricks effortlessly. Also an easy button and controls to slow the responsiveness of the quadcopter to make flying it more stable and easy. You can also increase the speed, responsiveness and difficulty.I did have issues with the guards hitting my props but I believe thats my fault because this sat on its side and they bent a bit. I just tweaked them out and all was good.

There is a learning curve to flying this well, that being said the challenge is a blast. This is a great entry level quad copter that is sure to please. Full disclosure, this was provided to me by the seller to review. If you have any questions please leave a comment and I will gladly reply. Thanks!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20