Profile for Sandy H > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sandy H RSS Feed (Plano, TX United States)

Hoover FloorMate SpinScrub with Bonus Hard Floor Wipes, FH40010B
Hoover FloorMate SpinScrub with Bonus Hard Floor Wipes, FH40010B
Price: $119.99
35 used & new from $80.37

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE this machine!, September 6, 2012
My friend and I have been comparing ways to clean floors for years and neither one of us were happy with what was available. She has all tile, I have mostly wood laminate, with tile in the bathrooms. She discovered the Floormate and was completely sold on it and recommended it to me. WOW! It's great! Mopping puts a strain on my back and I was so glad to convert to pushing a vacuum type cleaner. Despite what some of the 1 star reviews said, I find it VERY easy to set up (less than a minute) and easy to maneuver if you follow the instructions. You have to dump out the tank with the dirty water periodically if you are doing a large space, but that only takes a minute or less too. Even with the tanks almost full, I don't find it heavy and I think it gives no more resistance than my regular vacuum does on carpeting. I'm a small size woman with average strength and a little arthritis so factor that into your evaluation.

I couldn't be more pleased with this machine and I actually look forward to cleaning my floors! They sparkle when I'm done and are definitely cleaner than they ever were when I mopped them.

The World of Downton Abbey
The World of Downton Abbey
by Jessica Fellowes
Price: $21.84
230 used & new from $0.50

5.0 out of 5 stars GOREGOUS and so thorough!, January 7, 2012
I put this book on my Christmas Wish List because I am a huge Downton Abbey fan and thought I would like it "no matter what". When I opened the gift containing the book and leafed through the pages, I was ecstatic! It far exceeded my expectations and is, by far, my very favorite gift this year!

The photos are incredibly beautiful and there are loads of them. Scenes from the series, casual shots on location in-between filming segments, historical photos, etc., etc. The written content is equally rich and wonderful. Lots of interviews with the cast, much information about the house (Highclere Castle), and very interesting sections discussing British history, culture, politics, and so on.

My only caution is that includes a lot of information and photos from Season 2. So...if you haven't watched all of Season 2 and the Christmas Special, and don't want to spoil the suspense of watching them, get the book but don't peek until you've watched all of those episodes.

Other than that....if your a Downton fan, you will LOVE this book!