Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS
Profile for Renron > Reviews

Browse

Renron's Profile

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Renron RSS Feed

Absolute RLS125 12-VCD Automotive Relay SPDT 30/40A
Absolute RLS125 12-VCD Automotive Relay SPDT 30/40A
Price: $3.99
12 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality Bosch style relay, February 6, 2012
I purchased these as part of a headlight upgrade for my F250 with yellowing fluted lenses (2000). Easy to build a bracket to attach these on the interior of the engine compartment. They work with my 100W / 12V bulbs. Hey, its a relay.......they either work or they don't. Price is fantastic. Buy 'em. Pick up the associated plug in harness and make life easy and factory looking.
Renron

Philips 9012 HIR2 Standard Halogen Headlight Bulb (Pack of 1)
Philips 9012 HIR2 Standard Halogen Headlight Bulb (Pack of 1)
Offered by BoBotechnic
Price: $23.06
5 used & new from $23.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Upgrade for Acura MDX, February 6, 2012
I purchased both the 9011 and the 9012 HIR bulbs for installation in the Acura MDX, I must say that this is an impressive cheap and easy upgrade to the standard OEM light bulbs. The area where we live is deer infested and our family has hit 3 deer in 2 years. We need good quality lighting to see the road ahead and off to the side into the bushes / ditches. The light produced is white and not bluish, the bulbs are not coated. Very good rain / light fog penetration, have not yet experienced heavy fog so I cannot speak to reflected light. How long will they last? I dunno, but today I am VERY happy with my purchase. You'll be impressed at the improvements too.
Renron
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 24, 2012 9:39 AM PDT

Philips 9011 HIR Standard Halogen Headlight Bulb (Pack of 1)
Philips 9011 HIR Standard Halogen Headlight Bulb (Pack of 1)
Price: $18.53
2 used & new from $18.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Upgrade for Acura MDX, February 6, 2012

HELLA HLA-H83175051 HB 9007 12V 100/80W Halogen Bulb Off Road Use
HELLA HLA-H83175051 HB 9007 12V 100/80W Halogen Bulb Off Road Use
Price: $7.52
27 used & new from $2.79

5.0 out of 5 stars F250 Headlight upgrade, February 5, 2012
I purchased these Hella bulbs for a replacement / modification to my F250 with fluted yellowish lenses.
Because these bulbs draw more current (Watts) than the OEM bulbs the supply wiring harness had to be upgraded and relays had to be used. Wiring was upgraded to 12ga. from stock 18ga. and the current no longer draws through the headlight switch on the dashboard. The dashboard switch does trigger the relays which turn on the headlights. Very safe and works perfectly, none of the wiring harness had to be cut and this can be changed back to stock rather easily at any time. OLD style fluted yellowish headlight lenses were changed to 2002 clear style with clear side marking lamps. Orange turn signal bulbs replaced OEM clear bulbs.
Performance wise; Once I was blind, now I can see. WOW. What a brilliant difference between stock and upgrade. The light is bright but not sharp like HIDs can be, good color ~3500K from the looks of it, not the "Poser" blue that actually decreases visibility. Great side road coverage and offroad edge lighting where the deer like to lay in ambush.
3 Weeks later, driving a busy 2 lane road with no streetlights, I couldn't be happier. Why did I wait so long to do this mod?
I've yet to be flashed by oncoming traffic and if there were a problem being too bright, I would have know about it by now.
If you have an older F250 with yellow fluted headlight lenses, don't wait, do this mod and buy these bulbs. Worth every penny.