Profile for Susan M. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Susan M. RSS Feed (Tennessee)

Leaving (Bailey Flanigan Series)
Leaving (Bailey Flanigan Series)
by Karen Kingsbury
Price: $13.49
316 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Story and Source of Encouragement, March 25, 2011
Whether you're new to the Flanigan family or have been following them since you met the Baxters, you will enjoy this novel.

The thing I love the most about all of Karen's Kingsbury's books is the way they always fill my mind with Scripture. Not only does the story stay with me and leave me wanting more, but I also find myself looking for how God's moving in my own life and what Scriptures I can cling to like the characters in the book did. Whether you're looking for a great story, a source of encouragement, or are longtime fans and anxious to hear the latest with Bailey, Cody, and Brandon, you will love Leaving.

The only problem with the book: I didn't want to do anything else until I was finished with the book.

Bittersweet: Thoughts on Change, Grace, and Learning the Hard Way
Bittersweet: Thoughts on Change, Grace, and Learning the Hard Way
by Shauna Niequist
Price: $14.55
107 used & new from $3.47

5.0 out of 5 stars A Book Worth Quoting, August 3, 2010
I know a book is great when I start underlining multiple quotes in each chapter. I know a book is becoming a favorite when I start to write out those underlined quotes and put them around my house and office as reminders to myself...and then send them to friends who I feel can relate to those words too. I have done all three with Bittersweet.

Shauna Niequist has a way of putting into words the way I feel but can't always express. I appreciate her transparency and ability to write about the things we all struggle with, but are sometimes scared to say out loud. She gets that life is too precious to just float through. And with that refreshing perspective, sometimes it means celebrating really great moments and sometimes it means acknowledging really tough ones and helping each other through them. The best part about this book: she finds the beauty & hope in the tough moments of her life and she helps readers look for that same hope & beauty in their own stories.

Whether you're experiencing a really sweet season of life, a really bitter one, or somewhere in between like me, this book has something for you. It will make you think, leave you feeling encouraged, and give you that added dose of bravery & encouragement we all need when life gets tough. I highly recommend this book!