Profile for Peev34 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Peev34 "peev34" RSS Feed (Texas)

Page: 1 | 2
NECA Superman Man of Steel Action Figure, 1/4 Scale
NECA Superman Man of Steel Action Figure, 1/4 Scale
Offered by Merchandise24/7
Price: $74.94
19 used & new from $74.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect......, August 20, 2013
I really like this figure, but there are a couple of issues.

This is my first 1/4 scale NECA figure and I must say that I am really impressed overall.

To begin, this thing is MASSIVE!!! 18" in height...and HEAVY!! Solid construction, great articulation and excellent paint application! The details in the costume are incredibly movie accurate. The long cloth cape is a really nice touch, if not a little too bright.

In my opinion, this figure also offers the closest facial resemblance to Henry Cavill than any figure released to date (Movie Masters, Play Arts Kai, etc., although I am sure the future Hot Toys release will take that title upon its arrival). The picture used by Amazon in the product listing is clearly a prototype and does not do the facial likeness justice.

I have one major issue that is preventing me from giving this figure a 5 star rating. The figure is somewhat top heavy and the ankle and foot articulation seems to be a little looser than it should. Nothing major, but just enough to cause some stability issues. Combine these factors and I end up having the hardest time getting this figure to stand without falling forward, even in the most vanilla poses. A quick trip to Hobby Lobby to purchase a doll stand was in order and so far, so good! I have also heard that NECA plans to release their own 1/4 figure stands sometime in the near future. I will be certain to pick one of those up.

While not perfect, I am very happy with this purchase!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 2, 2014 1:24 PM PDT

Licensed 2 Play Domo Dino 6 1/2" Plush Novelty Doll
Licensed 2 Play Domo Dino 6 1/2" Plush Novelty Doll
Price: $12.47
5 used & new from $12.30

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Domo....What's not to like?, August 20, 2013
My kids love this Domo dude. Personally, I don't get the animated shorts, but he makes a cute, fun plush toy!

Domo Dress Up Magnet
Domo Dress Up Magnet
Price: $8.23
9 used & new from $6.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Domo is taking over my house!!!, August 20, 2013
This review is from: Domo Dress Up Magnet (Toy)
My kids love this little guy! This magnet set offers hours of fun for them, which makes me very happy!!

Domo 5 Inch Plush Figure Pink Domo

RoomMates RMK2261SCS  Superman Man Of Steel Peel and Stick Wall Decals
RoomMates RMK2261SCS Superman Man Of Steel Peel and Stick Wall Decals
Price: $9.99
16 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, reusable wall deco.....questionable graphics choice, August 20, 2013
As with all similar product by RoomMates, I am pleased with the function of these wall decals. Durable, reusable, fun and easy decorations for just about any wall surface. My only beef with these is the choice of Jim Lee's art, compared to something more in line with Henry Cavill's likeness. Of course, I knew this was the case when purchasing these. I love Jim Lee as much as the next guy, but would like to see a more movie accurate design. Overall, pleased...but slightly underwhelmed.

DC Superman 2.75" PVC Figure
DC Superman 2.75" PVC Figure
Price: $5.19
20 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too bad, not to great., August 20, 2013
This review is from: DC Superman 2.75" PVC Figure (Toy)
Decent representation of the New 52 Superman...albeit it looks like little more than a cake topper. I am a sucker for anything Superman, so I will not complain...but don't expect too much from this. Nice desk decoration, though. :)

Square Enix Man of Steel General Zod Action Figure
Square Enix Man of Steel General Zod Action Figure
Price: $58.68
48 used & new from $32.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Play Arts Kai figure!, August 20, 2013
This is the 2nd Plays Arts Kai figure I have purchased, the other being Superman from the Man of Steel line. I thought Superman could not be topped, but I have to say that General Zod is equally, if not more, impressive than ole' Kal-El. Fantastic paint job, neat accessories and tremendous articulation are just a few of the great things about the figure. A bit taller than Supes, which makes sense considering he is in this husky armor, as compared to tights. I love this figure and look forward top more MoS figures in the line!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Far exceeded expectations. Excellent addition to any Superman collection!, August 13, 2013
I knew I wanted this figure the moment I saw it online some time ago and I am thrilled to say that it did not disappoint now that I own It! First and foremost, the solicitation photos do not do the figure justice. Unlike what is pictured here, the details on this 9.25" beast are so much better. The suit features the textures that the film does and the paint is very well done with a nice wash effect throughout. The articulation is also solid, with strong ratcheted joints. Comes with a flight stand to allow for some very dynamic poses. Great addition to my collection! Highest recommendation!!

Domo Superman Small 6" Plush
Domo Superman Small 6" Plush
Price: $14.03
13 used & new from $8.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Domo+DC hit!!, July 30, 2013
This review is from: Domo Superman Small 6" Plush (Toy)
I had long been hoping for a plush line of DC Domo characters based my kids love for the Funko POP and Mystery Mini figures previous seen featuring the iconic characters of DC Comics, Domo style. Saw these listed on Amazon over the weekend and immediately purchased Superman Domo and Batman Domo in the six and nine inch range. All are absolutely fantastic!!! Quality materials, sturdy construction and high play value enhance the Domo DC experience much more that products mentioned previously, which of course are meant primarily for display. My kids are very happy! Highly recommended!

Page: 1 | 2