Profile for Mercedes > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 545

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mercedes RSS Feed (Colorado, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Lineco .75 Inch Glue Brush
Lineco .75 Inch Glue Brush
Offered by Hyatt's All Things Creative
Price: $9.45
8 used & new from $6.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent brush, February 16, 2015
I'm new to recovering books and was searching Amazon for the tools. I found this brush and only this brush. I'm surprised there are not more options or more brushes for this purpose. I was a bit worried based on some of the reviews stating the brush loses bristles.
I like the brush. It isn't heavy or cumbersome, I can hold it no problems with my little hands. It applies the book binding glue evenly and smoothly. I've not experienced any bristles coming out. It cleans to like new condition. With just some warm water to rinse the glue from the brush it cleans completely and dries quick. The bristles are a bit ridged so when I set it in my container with the glue it doesn't bend over and end up laying in the glue. Overall, I think this brush is excellent and enjoy using it. Course, there are no others to choose from so if you don't like it I guess you'd have to go to your local home improvement store to buy brushes.

Books By Hand Ph Neutral Adhesive 16Oz
Books By Hand Ph Neutral Adhesive 16Oz
Offered by THE BT GROUP
Price: $17.92
4 used & new from $10.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Glue, February 16, 2015
I've never bound a book before or used this glue before. After reading the reviews and questions I decided this was the glue to try. I'm very pleased with it. I'm taking off old covers and recovering. I learned quickly this glue sets and dries quickly so make sure to work quick. Also use wax paper between the cover you are gluing and the rest of the book, otherwise you'll glue the new leather on and several sheets of the book with it. You must also be careful not to spread the glue so it covers the paper edges because it will glue them together. After letting dry for 24 hours the glue is clear and very sturdy. It reminds me of Elmers glue when using it but it sets way faster.
I squeeze a little into a container and then paint on with my glue brush. Be sure not to use too much or let it sit for very long because it will start to harden in the container. It cleans with water. So I rinse my container and my brush thoroughly. It comes off with no trouble and rinses clean.
My only complaint on this glue is there are no directions on the bottle for things such as setting time or how to clean. For newbies like myself if there wasn't questions on Amazon by other shoppers I'd been at a loss as to how to really use this glue.
If you are binding a book, get this stuff. I'm putting leather on the books I'm doing and it sticks like nobody's business.

Black Dog: Hellhound Chronicles
Black Dog: Hellhound Chronicles
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $3.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, February 8, 2015
I couldn't put this book down. I very much liked Ava, Leo, and learned to dislike Clint. I enjoyed how the book just keep me wanting more. It's full of action that doesn't get old or overdone. I read this book in 2 sittings. I look forward to the next one.

Breeds
Breeds
by Keith C. Blackmore
Price: $12.24
3 used & new from $12.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Different take on werewolves and worth the read, February 8, 2015
This review is from: Breeds (Paperback)
If you are looking for something a bit different than the usual werewolf story this is the book for you. The characters are very good and described very well. I love the concept of the werewolf curse working backwards. The pages fly by once you get started on this book and it's near impossible to put down. I look forward to reading more from this author. I think it would be great if he wrote another werewolf story to accompany this one.

Squishable 15 Inch Werewolf Plush
Squishable 15 Inch Werewolf Plush
Offered by Toy Ranch
Price: $41.99
5 used & new from $35.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Love him!, February 8, 2015
I'm a big werewolf lover and saw this guy and knew he had to come home to be part of my collection. I wanted the larger on but wasn't prepared for just how big he is. Which is fine by me, I was hoping he'd be bigger than I thought. He's just write for cuddling on the couch when reading or watching a movie; he makes a great pillow or back rest. He's about the size of a large beach ball. I'm an adult and my when I hug him he makes me look small.

Godzilla (2014)
Godzilla (2014)
DVD
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved Godzilla, January 16, 2015
I grew up on old Godzilla movies so of course I had to see this one. I would have like to seen more Godzilla in the movie but I wasn't disappointed. He was tough and kicked some parasite butt. His roar gives me chills, just like I was a kid all over again. I would have liked to see him do more of the charge up and then shoot his blue flame. The charge up running up and down his back looked awesome. My only regret is not seeing this in the theater. I waited so my 52" TV had to do. Unlike the last Godzilla movie released a few years ago this Godzilla does look like the one of my childhood. Watch the movie it's worth it.

Tech Armor Kindle Fire HDX 7 High Defintion (HD) Clear Screen Protectors - Maximum Clarity and Touchscreen Accuracy [3-Pack] Lifetime Warranty
Offered by Tech Armor
Price: $8.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Screen Protection you can get, January 16, 2015
I use Tech Armor on all my devices (iPad, iPod, iPhone, Kindle, Samsung). For me these are the best screen protectors you can buy. Not only are they very reasonable they are very painless to install. No liquid installation here. You just line it up and peel the back away and stick it on. I've never had any trouble with bubbles, they smooth very easily. When I clean my screen protectors with Zeiss they shine up just like when I put them on new. I've not been able to scratch one of these either. And when you're ready to take it off, you just lift a corner and it leaves your device in the same condition when you put the protector on. No sticky residue, nothing.

4 Foot Micro USB to USB Cable - Black - Ideal for Any Micro USB Powered Device - Bluetooth Headsets, Kindle Fire HD, DX, Paperwhite, Kindle 2, Barnes and Noble NOOK, BlackBerry, Motorolla Droid X, HTC EVO 4G, Samsung Captivate, and Other Smart Phones
Offered by Eio
Price: $11.39
9 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cable, January 16, 2015
I needed a charging cable for my Kindle Paperwhite and Voyage. I chose this one because of the price. I'm very pleased. It charges just like it's the original cable that came with my devices.

The Old Man in the Woods
The Old Man in the Woods
Price: $0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Gave me the creeps, January 16, 2015
I was drawn to this book because it stated it was a twist on the Tailypo story for children. I love Tailypo and knew I had to have this. Its a very fast read at only 18 pages and it did a good job of giving me the creeps. But when I came to the end if felt unfinished. I re-read the final chapter to make sure I didn't miss anything and I hadn't. It's great until the end.

Pelican Storm IM3300 Black Case With Foam Hardigg Case 1 Each
Pelican Storm IM3300 Black Case With Foam Hardigg Case 1 Each
Offered by ABCD Sales
Price: $196.40
11 used & new from $187.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Best case you can get, January 16, 2015
I have the Pelican 1750 case as well and just like it I am very pleased with this case. It fit my rifle perfectly and it has the protection I require for my gun. It is heavy, both of them are, but that's why there is a handle on one end and wheels on the other. Why carry the thing when you can roll it? And let me say it rolls very nice. Well worth the money and considering what it's protecting makes it even better.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20