Profile for MeganJ > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

MeganJ RSS Feed (South Carolina)

101 Workouts For Women: Everything You Need to Get a Lean, Strong, and Fit Physique
by Muscle & Fitness Hers
Price: $12.87
123 used & new from $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Only one misstep but otherwise good workout book, January 11, 2009
I need to spice up my workout routine and this really helped. I enjoy the workouts they put together in the end combined with cardio and also the freedom to make your own. My only annoyance with the book is that I wished they had put page numbers on the exercises listed in the combined workouts in the last few chapters so I dont have to go back looking for them in the book - would make things much easier.

Nice to Come Home To
Nice to Come Home To
by Rebecca Flowers
105 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read and not just chick-lit, January 11, 2009
This review is from: Nice to Come Home To (Hardcover)
I really enjoyed reading this book. It had well-rounded characters and a nice story line. The only reason I give it a four is because it is somewhat predictable - like when she met the cafe guy at the entrance to her apartment and embarrased herself in front of him - I think we can guess where that was go. It did have a few twists to the story I didnt expect so it was worth reading all the way through. I am anxiously waiting for Flowers' next book - I am a big Marian Keyes fan and Flowers reminds me of her writing.

Thin Is the New Happy
Thin Is the New Happy
by Valerie Frankel
140 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book if you have a sense of humor, January 11, 2009
This review is from: Thin Is the New Happy (Hardcover)
I really enjoyed this book. It was a simple, easy read that is also easy to relate to even if you didnt have the mother issues. Especially in this day and age when a lot of girls are growing up with the media, their parents, and their peers judging them for the way they look it is a nice relief to know that someone overcame all that and just became happy with themselves.

I think the book title doesn't mean that she is happy being thin, but that she is happy being herself and by being herself she could let go of worrying about her weight and could become happy with the way she was. Any chronic dieter knows that any weight you lose on a diet is never enough and she overcame this and became ok with her weight, whatever it might be. I think this is an idea that many women today need to think about and take heart too - that maybe just maybe by worrying so much about your weight you are actually blocking yourself from losing more weight simply because you care about you more and not what other people think of you.

I think some of the negative reviewers need to remember that this book is supposed to be comic and not take it so seriously. I would like to know what person l didnt have bad thoughts about their childhood tormentors - no one is that perfect of a person. Just enjoy the book and dont take everything so seriously.

Such a Pretty Fat: One Narcissist's Quest to Discover If Her Life Makes Her Ass Look Big, or Why Pie Is Not the Answer
by Jen Lancaster
Price: $10.09
487 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Great book besides the personal infomercials, January 4, 2009
I really enjoyed the sarcasm and reality of this book. It was an easy and fun read. The only thing that annoyed me was the regular personal infomercials in the footnotes of the book telling you to go buy her other books or her friends' books. Also the Weight Watchers section also seemed very infomercially (did she really need to explain the entire program to us?). I'm not sure if I am taken enough by her to want to read her other books either. I dont regret reading it, but it was one I could live without too.