Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale
Profile for David Joiner > Reviews

Browse

David Joiner's Profile

Customer Reviews: 66

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

David Joiner RSS Feed (Woodland, CA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Rand McNally 2016 Road Atlas (Rand Mcnally Road Atlas: United States, Canada, Mexico)
by Rand McNally
Price: $10.75
64 used & new from $9.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Meets my needs, February 4, 2016
I like this road atlas a lot. It is to carry in my RV to supplement my GPS use. It doesn't show everything in every state but it does show all the major roads and it has plenty of detail. I like to plot a destination to a new place with my GPS and then use this atlas to get the big picture of where I will be traveling. It is also very helpful in determining alternate routes as well as a good reference when looking for someplace new to go to. If you are traveling pretty much within one state you might want to get a single state map.

Elenco  Practical Soldering Project Kit
Elenco Practical Soldering Project Kit
Price: $11.99
12 used & new from $8.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, January 22, 2016
A nice starter kit. The components were all there I soldered it together and it worked. No problems with the board and it even has an area on it for practicing soldering skills. No problems at all. The instruction book is very good with precise instructions, practice exercises and background information.

Aven 17010 Adjustable Circuit Board Holder
Aven 17010 Adjustable Circuit Board Holder
Price: $12.95
8 used & new from $12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars It works and the price is right., January 22, 2016
I am new to electronics and soldering. After using this holder to populate and solder several pc boards (typically 5 inch by 2.5 to 3 inch) I am very pleased with this product. It is steady and holds the boards nicely for soldering. Not sure how it would work for a larger board with lots of components as it can still rotate, albeit stiffly, when the tension screws are tightened. But for what I am doing with it it works very nicely.

Vestil CPRO-800LP Ergonomic Worker Seat/Chair, 13-1/2" Width, 10" Depth, 300 lb. Capacity, 18" - 33" Height Range
Price: $96.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Great chair, January 18, 2016
This is a great chair. I originally purchase this chair to use with my telescope and it works for good for that. I am 210 lbs and it holds my weight easily. It is reasonably comfortable, folds almost flat, and is lightweight. Perfect for lugging around. An added bonus for me is that it is an excellent work bench chair. I use it more at my bench (which is higher than a standard table) for reloading and hobby work than for the telescope. I am very pleased.

The Basic Soldering Guide Handbook: Learn to solder electronics successfully
The Basic Soldering Guide Handbook: Learn to solder electronics successfully
by Alan Winstanley
Price: $14.99
5 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good intro to soldering, January 18, 2016
A lot if information for those new to soldering (like me.) If you want to lean how to solder and have little or no experience this book is an excellent resource. You could probably find most of the information on the internet if you are patient and organized but this was an easy read (one evening) and all the information you need is one place.

Carson LumiVisor Head Magnifier - Head Visor with LED Lighted Magnifier (2x/3x/5x/6x)  (LV-10)
Carson LumiVisor Head Magnifier - Head Visor with LED Lighted Magnifier (2x/3x/5x/6x) (LV-10)
Price: $26.04
9 used & new from $22.13

4.0 out of 5 stars Works for me, January 18, 2016
I bought this over a free standing unit because my work bench is cluttered enough and I like the ability to change the magnification by flipping down an additional lens. The optical quality is good. It only gets 4 stars for two reasons: when using the round diopter I have it to hold very close to my face and the led light is blocked by the head band (an external light source solves that); the head piece does not stay up when flipped up, gradually slipping down. The headpiece is just a little too heavy for the side tightening knobs. I just take it off instead of flipping it up. Other than that I am happy with it and works quite well for me.

Weller WLC100 40-Watt Soldering Station
Weller WLC100 40-Watt Soldering Station
Price: $40.99
113 used & new from $33.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for hobbyist home use, January 18, 2016
I am a hobbyist and have used this for a couple of small projects and it is working out just fine for me soldering mostly circuit board type stuff. There is more than enough wattage for those tasks and I am still experimenting with the various heat settings on it to find the optimum settings for different tasks. The overall quality appears to be good. It comes with a pretty hefty tip (the ST 3 or ST 4 I believe) which is too large for circuit boards. Fortunately a local electronics store carries the tips and I was able to find a conical ST7 which has a very narrow tip and works great on boards.

SE MZ101B Helping Hand with Magnifying Glass
SE MZ101B Helping Hand with Magnifying Glass
Price: $6.58
49 used & new from $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, January 18, 2016
This works very well. For the price it can't be beat. Mine came fully assembled. You have to move things around a bit so it doesn't tip over (mostly just keeping the mirror on the opposite side of the clamps.) Very helpful when soldering small pieces. I have seen these for quite a bit more in electronics stores.

Getting Started with Drones: Build and Customize Your Own Quadcopter
Getting Started with Drones: Build and Customize Your Own Quadcopter
by Terry Kilby
Price: $17.28
52 used & new from $9.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Good Book, January 13, 2016
This is a great book; I am new to drones, have purchased a couple of Ready to Fly budget models and intend to move up to a kit model with auto pilot, GPS, etc.. This book takes the mystery out of all of the major components and accessories for a done with autopilot, GPS, and radio telemetry. It also has some introductory information on video and cameras with references to additional information. It is arranged around putting together a specific quadcopter drone kit with each chapter detailing the installation of a specific component (frame, power board, electronic speed control, motors, receiver, flight controller, etc..) Each assembly step is preceded by detailed background information on purpose and selection of the component. Just chock full of information presented clearly and understandably.

What this book is not is a tutorial on how to fly your drone, of which there are many. It is an excellent tutorial and reference book.

Make Me: A Jack Reacher Novel
Make Me: A Jack Reacher Novel
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $14.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, not the worst, December 28, 2015
I am a big fan of the Jack Reacher novels. But I think Lee Child is getting tired of writing this series. Just too many improbable leaps of logic moving the story forward. A little more graphic sexual content than usual for this series. I have to admit he did keep my guessing pretty much to the end.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7