Profile for Studere > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Studere RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Everpure EV9282-01 H-1200 Replacement Cartridge, #1 and #2
Everpure EV9282-01 H-1200 Replacement Cartridge, #1 and #2
Offered by Superior Water Systems Co, Inc.
Price: $232.95
8 used & new from $142.00

5.0 out of 5 stars It does its job economically., April 19, 2013
I replaced an old (3 years) H-1200. Been using Everpure for years now and as far as I'm concerned, its one of the better filtration system (under the sink) around.

Incipio KickSnap for iPhone 5 - Retail Packaging - Obsidian Black / Obsidian Black
Offered by sam k
Price: $15.99
24 used & new from $12.64

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid iphone cover with some issues., November 8, 2012
The Incipio KickSnap is a solid cover, that as mentioned by earlier reviewers, has some features that might not sit well with finicky users. The unit is not quite minimalist but definitely not cumbersome or bulky like some other covers in the market. The quality of the materials suggest that it can protect the iphone from a drop (although I am not brave enough to test it).

The fact that some parts are glossy makes it susceptible to scratches (and it did scratch right away). This doesn't bother me. I would rather have scratches on a $25 cover than a $700-800 iphone. After all, isn't that one of the reasons why you buy a cover?

The kick snap feature is just okay. I find myself jamming an item between the cover and the kick snap to prevent it from closing on its own. If you are able to keep it open, it does a good job in propping the iphone for watching videos.

All in all, the Incipio KickSnap for iphone 5 is an above average cover if not unspectacular. Solid 4 stars in my book.

Skinomi® TechSkin - Apple iPhone 5 Screen Protector Premium HD Clear Film with Lifetime Replacement Warranty / Ultra High Definition Invisible and Anti-Bubble Crystal Shield - Retail Packaging
Offered by Skinomi
Price: $11.95
4 used & new from $5.90

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing product!, October 11, 2012
After reading and reviewing quite a few screen protector products in the market for my iphone 5, I decided to give Skinomi TechSkin a try.

I ordered the product and while waiting for the Skinomi to arrive, I shopped my local Verizon, Apple, Best Buy, and Target stores to check alternatives just in case I am not enamored with the Skinomi. The prices of competing screen protectors is nothing short of mind boggling. I did not find an item below $25.00. I don't know about anybody else, but how much better can those other products be for them to be worth 10X more? Take a look at the specs of the Skinomi and compare it with the competition. The Skinomi is a match feature for feature to the others.

A few days later, I received the Skinomi in the mail. Its fascinating that a $3-4 item can arrive 1 week earlier than other stuff that I order through Amazon. The item arrived really fast. Nice surprise indeed.

I was a little apprehensive when I read the installation instruction. So, I googled Skinomi instruction and I watched a couple of videos and it seemed easy enough to follow. I followed the instruction step-by-step and the installation is pretty simple and straight forward. Its no big deal even for a non-technical person like me. I even had to re-install it, because I was not satisfied with the alignment of the skin on my first try. Oh, I could not wait 12 hours for it to dry (as the manufacturer recommends) and I don't think it mattered, since the TechSkin that I installed is flawless as far as I can tell. I started using my iphone an hour later without doing anything harmful to the installation. The TechSkin actually looked better the following day when all the little imperfections from the installation process (its a wet application after all) dried up.

One more thing... I checked out my wife's iphone 4's skin protector and compared to the TechSkin, hers is much thicker and you can tell that there is a screen protector on her phone. The TechSkin on mine is almost invisible to the eye!

I definitely recommend the TechSkin, and I can't think of a better value for the money. Buy it and see for yourself!

Motorola SURFboard SB6141 DOCSIS 3.0 High-Speed Cable Modem (OEM Brown Box)
Motorola SURFboard SB6141 DOCSIS 3.0 High-Speed Cable Modem (OEM Brown Box)
Offered by ElectroMax
Price: $72.00
17 used & new from $58.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Cable Modem!, August 28, 2012
The SB6141 was barely out when I stumbled into it while doing research on what cable modem to purchase. I had an older (5 years old) Motorola DOCSIS 1.0 that was ready to give up the ghost. The SB6141 is so new that none of the big box stores in the SF Bay Area had even heard of it.

The unit worked perfectly out of the box. I had to call Comcast to let them know that I have a new modem and to make sure that I was getting the speed and performance I was paying for. One thing about this new modem - it exposes the strengths and weaknesses of your cable service. There are times when I was getting up to 30 Mbps download and 6.5 Mbps upload speed. Quite phenomenal performance. The average speed that I get is 15 Mbps download and 6.3 Mbps. Enough performance for my current needs.

Without looking at sheer numbers, video streaming is seamless and the audio service from Spotify is completely uninterrupted. I also noticed that uploading videos and big files to my Dropbox folders is lightning fast.

I highly recommend the SB6141 and combined with Amazon's fast and efficient (as well as FREE) delivery service makes for an awesome buying experience!

Motorola SB6121 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem in Non-Retail Packaging (Brown Box)
Motorola SB6121 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem in Non-Retail Packaging (Brown Box)
Offered by Alteko
Price: $64.98
17 used & new from $44.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Was looking forward to this cable modem, April 11, 2012
After reading a ton of feedbacks and talking to Comcast about DOCSIS 3.0 cable modems that they support, I decided to order the Motorola SB6121.

The next decision was to save a few $$ by ordering the brown box/environmentally safe packaging. Didn't care if it came in a plain box, just as long as its a brand-new unit.

The item arrived via USPS (super slow and forget about their ability to track packages) after the seller promptly shipped the product.

After receiving the item, I immediately (and excitedly) installed it and then, nothing...

I called Comcast and had a technician on the phone while we try to figure out why the unit is unable to receive the cable signals. After 15-20 frustrating minutes of plugging and unplugging, the technician informed me that the cable modem is DOA and suggested that I send it back. I had to re-install the old 2.0 cable modem that still works, albeit on a much slower speed.

One thing about the experience is the return policy of Amazon is amazing. I am a huge fan and I am a bigger fan now after this experience.

Great job Amazon. Just sad that I did not get a working unit for whatever reason. The 3 stars is for the promptness of the seller in shipping the item and Amazon's return policy.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 10, 2013 8:54 PM PDT

For Emma, Forever Ago
For Emma, Forever Ago
Price: $8.99
70 used & new from $6.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Great music..., January 18, 2012
This review is from: For Emma, Forever Ago (Audio CD)
This is my first Bon Iver CD and I might say that it is excellent. Its in my current play list and I can't stop listening to it. The standout cuts (for me) are Flume, Lump Sum, Skinny Love, Blindsided, For Emma, and Re_Stacks. Beautiful, haunting melodies throughout the whole album. I find myself listening to the words, music, pauses, and the whole ambiance. Quite stunning really. I usually cap off the day with a listen.

Monster Turbine PRO High-Performance In-Ear Speakers (Copper) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
2 used & new from $200.00

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best purchases I have ever made., October 2, 2011
Just as I expected, the Monster Turbine PRO Copper is one excellent, high audio piece. The clarity of the music that comes out of this unit is startling and as I break it in, it seems to get even better.

The construction quality is super solid. Imagine tank-like quality and you will come close to how this thing is constructed.

The sound quality is what blows me away. I've listened to voice recordings, downloaded music, and I can say that the calibration is neutral. It has enough bass for those that require a ton of bass.

Now comes the tips. I've tried them all, but I have smallish ears and the most comfortable for me are the smaller tips. There are sonic and musical differences between the tips, I have not bothered to distinguish the differences and wrote it down for future references.

To me its the perfect IE headphones. I am planning on purchasing full-size headsets eventually, but for now the portability of the headphones is perfect for my needs. I will be purchasing a new smart phone soon (iphone5 or 6) and will be using the Monster with it!

You can hardly go wrong with purchasing this item. From the quality materials, its tank-like construction, excellent sound quality, and the life-time warranty is unmatched.

Lastly, I read quite a bit of reviews before I settled on this item. Playback Magazine' reviews factored quite a bit on my final decision.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, June 16, 2011
This item is not an original Bodum. Probably explains why its less expensive than the original. However, the unit fits perfectly and so far it works for what I purchased it for. You always feel nervous that it will not be a perfect fit, but it really is.

The service provider also ships fast and I will purchase again when I need to replace it.

NEW AC Adapter Charger for Gateway pa6a M-1619j CX2608 CX2724 CX2728
NEW AC Adapter Charger for Gateway pa6a M-1619j CX2608 CX2724 CX2728
Offered by OptimumSolution
Price: $8.79
5 used & new from $3.98

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, March 20, 2011
Nothing exciting here. It just does what its supposed to do. Combine this with a very low price and it makes for a great purchase.

I don't know if this adds anything, but the new item has a green light indicator that the original item did not have. I guess it lets you know that the adapter is working.

Memories of Philippine Kitchens
Memories of Philippine Kitchens
by Amy Besa
Price: $29.17
54 used & new from $3.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Filipino cookbook!, January 18, 2011
I purchased this book to give as a gift. Before wrapping it up, I glanced at the recipes and I'm planning on purchasing it for my own use. The recipes that I am familiar with looks accurate and it offered a lot more recipes that I have never tried. The pictures illustrate the finished products well. Looking forward to getting my own copy soon!

Page: 1 | 2